University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread Watch

mglen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by havocion)
Is there anyone from England/Scotland who has received an offer? I live in London and plan on firming Edinburgh to read Biological Sciences (Biochemistry). Anyone else in the Science department? Edinburgh is an amazing place and I'm so excited to study there received my offer in November. Go us
I'm from Scotland and have an offer for Computer Science
RainbowPenguin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an offer for Informatics MInf with an ABB offer on Wednesday!!!
RainbowPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there anyone from England/Scotland who has received an offer? I live in London and plan on firming Edinburgh to read Biological Sciences (Biochemistry). Anyone else in the Science department? Edinburgh is an amazing place and I'm so excited to study there received my offer in November. Go us
I'm from England and I have an offer for Computer Science (Informatics) I'm so excited to go and I loved it on the open day I went to! They must have really loved you to have given you an offer in November!!
michele394
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm from the US but i'll be firming Edinburgh for Biomedical Sciences, I can't wait received an offer in early december
havocion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mglen)
I'm from Scotland and have an offer for Computer Science
Congrats! I'll see you there next year hopefully
havocion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RainbowPenguin)
I'm from England and I have an offer for Computer Science (Informatics) I'm so excited to go and I loved it on the open day I went to! They must have really loved you to have given you an offer in November!!
That sounds great! I love the city so much, if anything it's the city and professors that made me fall for Edinburgh. I have heard some wacky things about accommodation but i'm sure it will be fine haha.
havocion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by michele394)
I'm from the US but i'll be firming Edinburgh for Biomedical Sciences, I can't wait received an offer in early december
Ah great! Is Edinburgh seen as prestige in the US?
Leopardstorm
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sergiomario)
Hello!

I have sent my application today for Edinburgh (Business management)
My IB predicted grades sum up to 37 points without extended essay and TOK essay points.

What do you think are my possibilities? I am an innternational student.

I have also applied to Liverpool, Queen Mary, Manchester, and Birmingham
Hello there,

its been a while since this post so u might have an offer already. but if not, you probably have a real good chance.
I do IB too and I've been predicted 38 points WITH bonus, and I got a 34 pointoffer with 555 HL for Classical Studies.
Btw,I’m an international student too. Where are you from?
Frank the Tankk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jamescharlick)
Yeah me too and I'm definitely not complaining either... maybe they just got fewer applicants than expected this year? It is odd, especially as Cardiff have offered me AAB, even though they are supposedly nowhere near as good as Edinburgh for Biology!
Same with computer science haha, they're supposedly top in the UK for research in CS. I'm assuming the same, I'm seeing a lot of those on TSR getting low offers from Edinburgh this year; but it would surprise me if it was a University-wide thing :s
forgottenboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Offer for Engineering anyone?
michele394
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah great! Is Edinburgh seen as prestige in the US?
i mean i go to an international school so i'm not the best for the 'american perspective', but its definitely well known here
michele394
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Leopardstorm)
Hello there,

its been a while since this post so u might have an offer already. but if not, you probably have a real good chance.
I do IB too and I've been predicted 38 points WITH bonus, and I got a 34 pointoffer with 555 HL for Classical Studies.
Btw,I’m an international student too. Where are you from?
i was predicted 38 including TOK/EE, and got an offer of 32 with 555 HL (international too)
RWhite
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by forgottenboy)
Offer for Engineering anyone?
Have unconditionals for civil engineering and structural engineering with architecture. Yourself?
iggyyy3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
JustAGirlxoxo :

me, still not heard anything
have you? when did you apply?
kennja97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys, I was just wondering whether anyone else has received any offers for Economics + Politics or any Economics based subjects? I received an offer of AAA with Mathematics, something I was quite surprised about due to the conditions of the offer (I hadn't read anywhere that Maths was a requirement, only to AS) and was wondering if anyone had received similar. Thanks
Thestudent100
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it depends on the subject how fast people get offers. For example business, management and economics related subjects take loads of time to hear back, but say english or psychology are quick. Edinburgh and st andrews are the worst at giving offers in scotland (as in it takes time to hear back)...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thestudent100
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied for international management/business (don't remember) in mid-November and haven't heard back. I don't think anyone I know has yet heard back (Edinburgh is quite popular). I'm an international student as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ak2015
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by kennja97)
Hi guys, I was just wondering whether anyone else has received any offers for Economics + Politics or any Economics based subjects? I received an offer of AAA with Mathematics, something I was quite surprised about due to the conditions of the offer (I hadn't read anywhere that Maths was a requirement, only to AS) and was wondering if anyone had received similar. Thanks
I got an unconditional offer for economics and mathematics, and I know for my course maths was a requirement.
kpinkard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Thestudent100)
I applied for international management/business (don't remember) in mid-November and haven't heard back. I don't think anyone I know has yet heard back (Edinburgh is quite popular). I'm an international student as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an international student too, applied for English in October, and heard back in less than three weeks. English might be a less competitive subject though, and they're processing a lot more applications now. Good luck!
forgottenboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RWhite)
Have unconditionals for civil engineering and structural engineering with architecture. Yourself?
Wow congrats i got an AAA offer for General engineering. Are you placing that as your firm choice?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads