What is your earliest memory of gaming? Watch

Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GTA: Vice City and Metal Gear Solid 2. Recently started up MGS2 again, having a ton of fun with it.
Amy04
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I used to love playing spryro the dragon on ps1 , theme hospital and sims!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amy04)
I used to love playing spryro the dragon on ps1 , theme hospital and sims!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That just brought a whole load of nostalgia for me. I remember playing Theme Hospital with my sister on PC, was really fun and played it for a long while. Used to play Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town with her too on and off for years, recently started playing it again and trash-talking each other about each others' farms. Sims was damn fun although I used to get bored quite quickly.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
An Atari, very interesting! and which games did you play at that time?
Pong, space invaders and some weird space ship game
Kallisto
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Pong, space invaders and some weird space ship game
I see. I have the first called games played too, but not on Atari and very later than you, I guess.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Playing Crash Bandicoot with my cousin is probably my earliest proper memory of gaming
monkey0110
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tomb Raider 3 on the psx...
Purple-Pixie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also played Sims 1 on the PC and Simpsons Hit and Run on the Gamecube
Hugs31
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on the Playstation (Flipendooooooooo!!!!!)
TheBluePianist
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GoldenEye 007 on the N64
Firenze26
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The earliest memory I had of watching someone play a game was Pokemon Red or Gold on Gameboy SP on my classmate's handheld but the first video game that I remembered playing first-hand was Halo 2 on the original XBOX.
EleanorFrost
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Playing Spiro on the PS1 and being amazed when accidentally running into a basket and realising they had gems inside!
SpaceMon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kangie)
Haha yes, my brother showed me the game when I was little and I became addicted to it at a very young age
Do you still play?
Kangie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SpaceMon)
Do you still play?
I occasionally play Quake Live but not so much because it always seems to give me a headache and Quake 3 is on my brother's old computer upstairs which no longer works :cry2:
SpaceMon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kangie)
I occasionally play Quake Live but not so much because it always seems to give me a headache and Quake 3 is on my brother's old computer upstairs which no longer works :cry2:
Similarly I almost never play quake3 outside of quakelive these days - at it's prime with irc organized tdm matches and mods such as rocket arena it was frigging endless fun. I'm not too fond of the newest starting inventory add-on in quakelive actually I haven't played it since the day that **** was added.
BefuddledPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My first game was Sonic 2 on the Mega Drive. Still a brilliant game, and I still follow sonic games to see how well they're doing.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stehay)
for me playing Lma Manager 2004/2005 with my mate and buying all the most expensive players.
playing a game called Sopwith in 1986 (yeah I'm old)
Pedd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Having a day off of school due to chicken pox - spending it playing Pokemon Blue!
SnoochToTheBooch
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Alex the kid on the Master System in probably 1992.
Andaxay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sonic 2 and throwing the controller to my step-dad whenever Robotnik came on at the end of each zone because he scared me and I had to hide behind the settee

I was also introduced to the original Tomb Raider at a young age (8-ish?) and the same thing applied: I was terrified of "baddies" and so my step-dad set me up on the level Natla's Mines, in which no enemies appear for quite a while. I was happily playing along until a male voice rang out and the first enemy of the level appeared and that was it, controller was thrown down and I was behind the settee again :')

Got my first console, a purple GameBoy Color, for my 11th birthday and it's just taken off since then. I also got Crash Bandicoot but could only play it at my mum's as I didn't own a PS1

EDIT: Oh my god, how could I forget Dungeon Keeper? Again introduced by my step-dad - he was the gamer of the family and the one who gave me the love for games.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.69%
No - but I will (82)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (511)
47.67%

Watched Threads