Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belsey)
    I am! Have you received your DBS form yet? Still waiting on mine
    Cool, I was starting to think there was no one else on here haha! I haven't either, wondering whether to just be patient or contact them.
    Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbie .)
    Cool, I was starting to think there was no one else on here haha! I haven't either, wondering whether to just be patient or contact them.
    Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right! Ah same here. I keep checking to see if it's arrived, but to no avail :')
    It's unconditional if I firm them - which I did How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I know right! Ah same here. I keep checking to see if it's arrived, but to no avail :')
    Wow!! What grades do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha maybe we're just impatient! Ah great unconditional too!
    Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbie .)
    Haha maybe we're just impatient! Ah great unconditional too!
    Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I think that may be the case Yay! I'll be seeing you there then
    Not yet, have you? Still not sure which I want to go for

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think that may be the case Yay! I'll be seeing you there then
    Not yet, have you? Still not sure which I want to go for
    You will indeed exciting!
    Yeah, I wasn't too sure either but wanted to get it applied for. Gunna go to the accommodation open day at the end of April and decide properly though! Will you be going to that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If there are any firmers for Modern Languages inbox me of you are interested in joining a Whatsapp/Facebook chat group to meet future fellow class mates

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leanne1455)
    If there are any firmers for Modern Languages inbox me of you are interested in joining a Whatsapp/Facebook chat group to meet future fellow class mates

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconuthead--)
    Maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allievy)
    Thank you so much for the advice!

I don't plan on working abroad (actually UK is pretty "abroad" for me, I'm an EU student) and as far as my instincts go, my gut says Birmingham. Unfortunately I couldn't go to any open days which is what makes my decision so much harder. And finances really would be a problem for me since I'm from a pretty low income family compared to UK prices, especially in London.
    Again, thank you for your help, I am now closer to making a decision
    If you're worried about not having gone to any open days, I wouldn't be concerned because you don't really find out that much. In the case of most unis you can watch talks and taster lectures on YouTube, as well as interviews with students etc which is pretty much the same as what you'd do at an open day. ( I went to a joint honours open day at Birmingham and you just had a 30 min talk and 30 min lecture for each subject).
    Also, if you have any questions you can email or phone the uni department or a specific member of staff - their contact details are on the uni website.

Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeldork)
    If you're worried about not having gone to any open days, I wouldn't be concerned because you don't really find out that much. In the case of most unis you can watch talks and taster lectures on YouTube, as well as interviews with students etc which is pretty much the same as what you'd do at an open day. ( I went to a joint honours open day at Birmingham and you just had a 30 min talk and 30 min lecture for each subject).
    Also, if you have any questions you can email or phone the uni department or a specific member of staff - their contact details are on the uni website.

Where are you from?
    I'm from Romania So are you going to Birmingham then? (couldn't really tell if you're already a student or not)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allievy)
    I'm from Romania So are you going to Birmingham then? (couldn't really tell if you're already a student or not)
    Oh sorry... no I'm not a student there at the moment but I've firmed an unconditional offer for English and Philosophy, so that's where I'll be heading in September :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeldork)
    Oh sorry... no I'm not a student there at the moment but I've firmed an unconditional offer for English and Philosophy, so that's where I'll be heading in September :ahee:
    Wow, that's wonderful, congrats on your unconditional!! Well that's where I'm headed too (yes, I've finally made up my mind), so maybe I'll see you there then

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 13, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.