Why do people hate london? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Borgia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by $$$stackemup$$$)
London is the Bomb. Best place in the UK.

All that say otherwise are weak. London is what pays for the UK.
The UK is not what it once was
Time Tourist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I will leave London as soon as I can, within the next year or so. I ****ing hate it, yet it is where I grew up and my family are. But it has become a third world cesspit. It's a shame. I worry about my parents as they get old and retire.
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ParadiseFound)
In my post I did adress the fact that some people just dislike city life in general, you being one of them.

As far as cities go though I think London is a really good one.
You also said they were stupid, they need to get out of the house more and they needed to get some friends.

Could you explain what you meant by that and how it is relevant to those who think London is boring?

You liking in London is purely subjective.
Borgia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Time Tourist)
I will leave London as soon as I can, within the next year or so. I ****ing hate it, yet it is where I grew up and my family are. But it has become a third world cesspit. It's a shame. I worry about my parents as they get old and retire.
It is a shame. The capital of the British Empire, reduced to being a mere Mogadishu
Borgia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _icecream)
Can't change the fact that London is the best city in the world
In fact it doesn't even register in ANY lists of most liveable cities
$$$stackemup$$$
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
London has prospered to new heights in the last 50 years.

All of you guys complaining, do you know what London was like in the past?

Before WW2, London had the same population as it is today, back then, there were weak transportation links and over-crowding was by the mass.

During WW2, London's population declined as Men joined the Army and families moved to the countryside. But the City was ruined by continuous bombing raids.

It has since come a long, with non-stop development.

The problem here is that of the British culture. Moan Moan Moan, because we are never satisfied with what we have.
Borgia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by $$$stackemup$$$)
London has prospered to new heights in the last 50 years.

All of you guys complaining, do you know what London was like in the past?

Before WW2, London had the same population as it is today, back then, there were weak transportation links and over-crowding was by the mass.

During WW2, London's population declined as Men joined the Army and families moved to the countryside. But the City was ruined by continuous bombing raids.

It has since come a long, with non-stop development.

The problem here is that of the British culture. Moan Moan Moan, because we are never satisfied with what we have.

Its still mediocre compared to other world cities.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by matthewduncan)
meh where did you move to?.
And because if you move out theres a good possibility you wont be able to move back in.
I moved to Edinburgh. My family still live in London so I'm sure I could easily go back to living there if I really wanted to. And even if I didn't, no biggie - there's more to life than London anyway
ParadiseFound
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
You also said they were stupid, they need to get out of the house more and they needed to get some friends.

Could you explain what you meant by that and how it is relevant to those who think London is boring?

You liking in London is purely subjective.
I think that's arguable the case for some of the people in this thread, who haven't been around.

For a location to be boring I think it's fair to say it would have to be tedious and monotonous in it's nature, London is thrumming with life and it caters to a wider variety of people then the countryside would in my opinion, which solely appeases those who like the slower pace in life.

I readily admit that.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think that's arguable the case for some of the people in this thread, who haven't been around.

For a location to be boring I think it's fair to say it would have to be tedious and monotonous in it's nature, London is thrumming with life and it caters to a wider variety of people then the countryside would in my opinion, which solely appeases those who like the slower pace in life.

I readily admit that.
What is this slower pace of life that you speak of? What does it mean?
ParadiseFound
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Borgia)
Have you ever been out of Europe?
Yes I have, numerous times. I find after a while no matter how serene and cultured these other places might be, I long to be back in Londons bustling streets.
Borgia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I readily admit that.
If by slower pace of life, you mean eating out at nice restaurants and then driving up to the mountains to ski, then yes.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've been to several concerts and one music festival in London by myself, and stayed alone for the whole time at pretty much all of them. I went to just the one music festival in Melbourne, and met a friendly group of Aussies to hang out with for the rest of the day . I dunno, things like that make me wonder why London doesn't seem very friendly
Sheepmaster317
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Far too expensive, especially if you want to live there and not just visit, far too loud and busy, not to mention a fair few Londoners in general seem so rushed, hectic, antisocial and have some feeling of superiority. Not to mention I find the idea of commuting around at rush hour in London rather soul-destroying.

Just my thoughts.
_icecream
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Borgia)
With home grown terrorism, gangs, and no natural beauty such as the mountains that surround Vancouver? Yeah right. Londonistan is a cesspit and is quickly going downhill.
haha! mega rich foreign investors are powering in to London with their millions$$$$$ each year
Smash Bandicoot
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't hate London I just resent being so beta and poor that I can only afford it for like half a day, but fling art life is entirely my own fault so no point whining about it just gotta man the **** up
PimpsNChuds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My god some people on TSR are boring.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Vixen47)
Because it's like a completely different country compared to the rest of England.

I love London. Although I've been here since birth so I'm veeeeeeeery biased.
Let's be honest,london has the royalty feeling,it's like whenever ive been up north I always get homesick and can't wait to Rush back,it's just a different world of its own,nothing beats it.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
I've been to several concerts and one music festival in London by myself, and stayed alone for the whole time at pretty much all of them. I went to just the one music festival in Melbourne, and met a friendly group of Aussies to hang out with for the rest of the day . I dunno, things like that make me wonder why London doesn't seem very friendly
Ain't nobody got time for that
katinthehat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)
You know as well as the OP that there are a significant number of people who dislike London. Why do you think populist politicians make a point of protesting about how London-centric the UK is? They even went so far as to spend as much as would buy us 1% of all gold on Earth to build a completely irrelevant rail link between London and the North at a time of fiscal austerity for ****'s sake.

London is one of the few redeeming features of this country. It's like a jewel affixed to dried poo that vastly increases its value.
You, sir, won the internet for today.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads