Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :ottid:

(Original post by anonlad)
    Anyone elses parents gone mad with pride? It appears my mum has taken it upon herself to tell literally everyone she knows..

Not sure if I like it haha

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biochemistry
    College: Hertford
    Outcome: Offer A*AA
    How you feel: Amazed, and that they've mixed me up with someone else. My second interview was so awful I cried and left Oxford as soon as possible :') Trying to decided whether Oxford is for me!

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know anyone thats been rejected! All of my summer school friends and school friends got in! (which is amazing considering the school I go to)

ReputationRep:
    Course: Fine Art
    College: Exeter
    Outcome: Offer (successful completion of foundation)
    How you feel: Overwhelmingly ecstatic, although...

I received an offer by email as my chosen college did not have a place for me. I'm slightly worried as my UCAS hasn't changed? Can anybody help please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fanticipation)
    Course: Fine Art
    College: Exeter
    Outcome: Offer (successful completion of foundation)
    How you feel: Overwhelmingly ecstatic, although...

I received an offer by email as my chosen college did not have a place for me. I'm slightly worried as my UCAS hasn't changed? Can anybody help please?
    Nobody's UCAS will update for around another week or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Nobody's UCAS will update for around another week or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Phew! Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    No, but I feel incredibly guilty and sad for a couple of people I really hoped would get places but didn't ):
    Ugh I feel exactly the same! Obviously I'm excited to go but I met some amazing people at interviews that I really hoped would get in too and I'm so gutted for them. I'm so lucky that one of the friends I made at interviews also got into biology at New so it definitely could have been worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi790)
    I don't actually know anyone thats been rejected! All of my summer school friends and school friends got in! (which is amazing considering the school I go to)
    Was that UNIQ?

ReputationRep:
    Got in for Maths at Keble - I'm freaking out a bit, still very surreal. Anyone else here for Maths? How did you guys feel your interviews went - I thought mine didn't go as well as they could, especially the one which I had at Keble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi790)
    How you feel: Amazed, and that they've mixed me up with someone else. My second interview was so awful I cried and left Oxford as soon as possible :') Trying to decided whether Oxford is for me!
    Lots of people feel like that, but don't worry, it wasn't a mistake

Take time to think it through (although usually: yes! it is for you - you wouldn't have got an offer otherwise)

ReputationRep:
    AAA offer from St. Peter's for History of Art
    So confused and excited as Oxford makes only 14 offers a year for the subject
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    Was that UNIQ?
    Were you helping at UNIQ?

ReputationRep:
    Were you helping at UNIQ?
    Yep, weeks 5 and 6
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yep, weeks 5 and 6
    Oh, I was there in week 6! I probably didn't see you though unless you had anything to do with St. Anne's or Earth Sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I was there in week 6! I probably didn't see you though unless you had anything to do with St. Anne's or Earth Sciences.
    There was no-one at St Anne's in week 6? Earth Sciences Brasenose and Teddy Hall?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    There was no-one at St Anne's in week 6? Earth Sciences Brasenose and Teddy Hall?
    ...I'm an idiot, I meant brasenose (how on earth did I manage to mix them up?!).

ReputationRep:
    ...I'm an idiot, I meant brasenose (how on earth did I manage to mix them up?!).
    But no, I didn't have anything to do with Brasenose and Earth Sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by troodon)
    My mum cried :')
    My mum said, "Mh."

ReputationRep:
    Course: PPE
    College: Oriel
    Outcome: Conditional AAA
    How you feel: It seems surreal. I decided to apply only at the end of Sept and thought I had no chance. I'm an international student though and Oxford is really expensive If I can't secure funding I will have to say goodbye to this amazing opportunity I would be devastated if it comes to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by troodon)
    My mum cried :')
    I am a mum and telling it to everyone (between two cryings)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.