Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population? Watch

• View Poll Results: Should the UK adopt policy to prevent a Muslim-majority population?
    Yes the UK should adopt a policy to prevent a Muslim-majority
    54.41%
    No the UK should not adopt a policy to prevent a Muslim-majority
    45.59%

ReputationRep:
    If people want to be Muslims that's their choice. Implementing a policy to stop this will completely go against Britain's values of freedom of religion.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, wonder what OP and co. think to the principle that being in the EU and having free movement of labour in Europe would actually contribute more to a high non-Muslim population proportion in the UK than anything they can think of here. /irony :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Strangely find myself agreeing with Peter Hitchens here (I often agreed with Christopher) so include what he said at length as it seems relevant although the irony in what he says at the end astounds me - he is a Christian:

"The use of the word 'Islamaphobia' - as if those of us who look at Islam and say we don't actually want this country to be an Islamic country and be governed by Islamic rules are in some how governed by an irrational fear. On the contrary we've looked at Islam, we don't like its precepts because we do not want to live in an Islamic society. That is a rational position. It is not a phobis and cannot be classified as some sort of mental illness. It is a perfectly reasonable position to take and people who want to take part in a civilised discussion should not classify the opinions of their opponents as 'phobias'. They should take them on with reason and fact and logic."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elhm1800)
    Have any of the amazing racists on this thread ever met a white muslim?? This is ridiculous:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't imagine a lot of people have met a white muslim

ReputationRep:
    The Islamic proportion of the Uk is currently 5%.

So u would probably be dead before this ever happened ( and I doubt it ever will)

What policies would you like to be implemented?

Border forces to be equipped with Muslim-detectors?
    Forced sterilisation/ abortion?

If you are so scared of being made a minority why don't you start treating minorities with some respect?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    An Islamic-majority UK population means a Islamic-majority will can be enforced on the whole country through a political party representing those who worship Islam (would probably be Labour actually).

Should the UK adopt policies to ensure the UK never has a Islamic-majority population?

ps Yes I did mean to duplicate the poll options!
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue 255;\red102\green102\blue102;\re d227\green227\blue227;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl380\partigh tenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 There are around 3 million Muslims in the UK at the moment that is 4.68%. It would take a very long time for that to reach 10 million let alone a majority I.e. 30+million. This notion is discriminatory and goes against a human rights laws and common sense. I understand you wish a return to apartheid style society but it won't work. \
    \
    You are a bigot and have little to no knowledge of Islam or it's followers. Sharia already exists in the UK, personal sharia law e.g. Avoidance of drink, pork or interest. We have no wish to "control" you so stop flattering yourself as if we care about somehow putting our beliefs on you. All we wish to do is work, pay tax, practice our religion and act as any normal human would.

This the same type of bigotry hurler used before ww2....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaffacake111)
    Strangely find myself agreeing with Peter Hitchens here (I often agreed with Christopher) so include what he said at length as it seems relevant although the irony in what he says at the end astounds me - he is a Christian:

"The use of the word 'Islamaphobia' - as if those of us who look at Islam and say we don't actually want this country to be an Islamic country and be governed by Islamic rules are in some how governed by an irrational fear. On the contrary we've looked at Islam, we don't like its precepts because we do not want to live in an Islamic society. That is a rational position. It is not a phobis and cannot be classified as some sort of mental illness. It is a perfectly reasonable position to take and people who want to take part in a civilised discussion should not classify the opinions of their opponents as 'phobias'. They should take them on with reason and fact and logic."
    That's fair enough but when I say the same thing about 'Homophobia' I am attacked. I don't believe in the use of the word 'Homophobia' as it comes natural to the vast majority of people that they are attracted to the opposite gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    I don't imagine a lot of people have met a white muslim
    Wth not??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBBOOM)
    lol England would not exist as 'England' anymore for this to happen.

In all honesty the middle east would be a radioactive wasteland before this.

As much chance as a ruling Christian majority of Iran.
    The middle east would have nothing to do with the British Muslims breeding in the UK....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    You're suggesting we become more like Muslim countries, to ensure our country doesn't become more like Muslim countries. Sorry, what?
    No I was pointing out what Muslim culture is about....

ReputationRep:
    No I was pointing out what Muslim culture is about....
    And I was pointing out that you can't ruin the livelihoods of thousands of innocent Muslims by throwing them out of the country, and then continue to assert your ethical superiority over them.

ReputationRep:
    We don't need to. Britain's Muslim population is 4.4% after decades of "mass immigration". They are never going to be the majority.

There's also no guarantee that the Muslim population will rise very much from Muslims having kids. Won't quite a few of them grow up and end up non religious? It's harder for parents to keep their children religious in a country with free speech and easy access to information - this is not the case in lots of majority Muslim countries where less access to information and being surrounded by other Muslims makes religious indoctrination of children much easier.

ReputationRep:
    There are a handful of Muslim majority districts in the UK and none of them have had Sharia law declared or enforced in them.

There used to be a Islamic political party but it disbanded because no one voted for them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Party_of_Britain

Additoinally, fertility rates are going down for the two largest Muslim groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    We don't need to. Britain's Muslim population is 4.4% after decades of "mass immigration". They are never going to be the majority.

There's also no guarantee that the Muslim population will rise very much from Muslims having kids. Won't quite a few of them grow up and end up non religious? It's harder for parents to keep their children religious in a country with free speech and easy access to information - this is not the case in lots of majority Muslim countries where less access to information and being surrounded by other Muslims makes religious indoctrination of children much easier.
    I agree with you it is unlikely but throughout history Islam has become the dominant religion in many nations including European nations like Spain and Portugal so it is definitely possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dexa)
    I'm not a muslim but you OP are an Islamophobe and a disgrace to the principles and morals our country stands for.
    Islamophobia would be an illogical fear of Islam.

There is nothing illogical about fearing the most destructive ideology on earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Islamophobia would be an illogical fear of Islam.

There is nothing illogical about fearing the most destructive ideology on earth.
    It's only destructive for people who are into alcohol, gambling, usury, homosexuality, stealing etc. For everyone else they have nothing to fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    It's only destructive for people who are into alcohol, gambling, usury, homosexuality, stealing etc. For everyone else they have nothing to fear.
    Are you being sarcastic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even 15% is likely to result in a permanent IRA-level insurgency.

ReputationRep:
    Many of you on this thread are completely missing the irony of agreeing to actively ensure that the Muslim population does not become a majority.

It is certainly undeniable that any attempt to restrict the growth of a population from a certain religion or ethnicity will inevitably restrict the freedoms of those individuals.
    Yet those who died in Paris recently, did so in the name of freedom. So to use their name to justify your decision is at best opportunist.

What is more frightening to me is that I feel a growing number of people in this country are growing more and more hostile towards Islam and so the views expressed in this thread may effectively be put into practise in the near future.

Hopefully people will learn from the brave souls that died in the name of Freedom.

ReputationRep:
    The middle east would have nothing to do with the British Muslims breeding in the UK....
    It obviously does, if you do not see that, it is not my concern.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.