Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi can anyone give me some information regarding primary research i wanted to know whether or not just using secondary hinders your ability to get better marks just because its very difficult for me to add primary research and the primary research wont really add much to the overall essay.

Finally does it matter if ive only used around 4/5 books and the rest is based off articles from the Internet and websites since again its very difficult to find books relating to my topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex347_)
    Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualification, since it is very different to most other high school qualifications and ultimately, it requires a lot of independence and is quite difficult, and so I'm sure there's a lot of you that may want advice. You can ask them here or PM me about it, I don't mind either way.

Thanks.
    Hi
    Please can you give me some advice about your presentation e.g. how big was your audience? did you have a script etc?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How did you structure your Literature Review and Discussion?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualification, since it is very different to most other high school qualifications and ultimately, it requires a lot of independence and is quite difficult, and so I'm sure there's a lot of you that may want advice. You can ask them here or PM me about it, I don't mind either way.

Thanks.
    What is methodology and how do I write a literature review?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Please I'm doing my EPQ now.....and I'm stuck in the Discussion section. Please what could I include here to get a good grade. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia44)
    Hi
    Please can you give me some advice about your presentation e.g. how big was your audience? did you have a script etc?

Thanks
    Please how to write the discussion section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    hi can anyone give me some information regarding primary research i wanted to know whether or not just using secondary hinders your ability to get better marks just because its very difficult for me to add primary research and the primary research wont really add much to the overall essay.

Finally does it matter if ive only used around 4/5 books and the rest is based off articles from the Internet and websites since again its very difficult to find books relating to my topic
    Hello..... I think for your primary research, you should search for people that are involved in the chosen area you are researching about and send emails. You could send it to three or four people cause some may not reply and you still have the others as back up or better still, you could conduct a survey or make an observation depending on what your topic is. However, If you dont do a primary research, Its no big deal but In the Discussion Section, It may be quite tasking as you may not have information to compare. and about the books, I think its okay. well, I ddnt even use any book for my project

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)

Hello..... I think for your primary research, you should search for people that are involved in the chosen area you are researching about and send emails. You could send it to three or four people cause some may not reply and you still have the others as back up or better still, you could conduct a survey or make an observation depending on what your topic is. However, If you dont do a primary research, Its no big deal but In the Discussion Section, It may be quite tasking as you may not have information to compare. and about the books, I think its okay. well, I ddnt even use any book for my project

ReputationRep:
    Please how many hours in total did it take for you to finish the whole EPQ ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to do law at uni and want to relate it to my epq, any tips?

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    Firstly-well done! You must be thrilled with that result! I was wondering if you could help me with the evaluation part- I have no idea where to start and any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    Trying to consolidate my ideas now for my EPQ.

ReputationRep:
    I've just done my presentation for mine so I haven't got a final mark overall yet. Mine was on English Literature and Romanticism.

EPQ qualification looks good to universities and I've applied for English so I thought it would look impressive if I did a dissertation on literature (which I do enjoy) but I kind of wish I did it on something I was really interested in actually learning about.. Like Japanese history or mythology or something. Choose your topic wisely!

ReputationRep:
    I have been told to do a rough plan of how my EPQ should be structured around a 500 word plan have you got any particular advise on how to structure the essay

ReputationRep:
    What do you write on the final page of the document. I have done an Artefact and I feel I have written this in my 1000 word report. I'm so stumped, I feel like I'm just repeating myself. HELP.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone who did well is still here, how did you start off. I'm doing mine this summer, and don't really know where to approach everything from. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I want to do an EPQ and originally was going to do it on the psychology of dreams however I came across the Japanese box test which made me think could I do an EPQ on this ? Such as can psychological tests reveal your true personality. Can anyone doing EPQ or completed one give me any advice on which to do and why

ReputationRep:
    Is doing the effect of cardiovascular disease on society a good title for the epq?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    Well done Alex347_!

I got an A* today too for my EPQ on Shakespeare and Film, so feel free to ask questions if you're interested in a Literature-based project/want general advice
    I'm thinking of doing an EPQ on YA Literature and its value etc, not set on a question just yet (or even the topic... I'm fluctuating a bit!)
    What was your question? (also congrats to both of you!!)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ive chosen EPQ as one of the things i take in college but im not really sure what to expect. Could you expalin what it is in more detail and give examples of what i could do?
    Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.