The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
The religion is so violent yet they keep claiming it's peaceful, im not a racist at all, but i hate everything about the religion
Haha. When something bad happens "Blame Islam." When something good happens "Blame his character".

I love seeing elitist students talking as if they know anything about the world. Makes me just want to sit back and watch their futile attempts at reinforcing their own "perfect" beliefs.
Reply 102
Original post by Dodgypirate
I'm not racist but .... :rolleyes:

The thing is that isn't actually racism since Islam is not a race.
Original post by al_94
Most Muslims are not part of some Islamist group.
but they encourage / dont attack them or their ideology. note how few replies you received from the islamic community on TSR here- to busy posting copy pasting links about how great being an islamist is on ISOC. their silence on this topic is deafening, despite your question being an important one.

does the 'mainstream' muslim population have the willingness to deal with the problems their ideology is bringin up? im not sure. despite condemning 'actions' of current islamists, they dont condemn their ideology.

some claim this is a slight and perversion of their own genuine faith , but then where is the protest against the islamist groups for doing this? when cartoons were drawn or even a teddy bear named after mohammed seen as a 'slight' - millions of muslims claimed offense and marched, causing mayhem in the muslim world. why not now? perhaps they secretly support islamist groups and political influence?

Original post by al_94
Multiculturalism is about respecting each others culture and values. You can't ban Muslim women from wearing part of their dress code and then talk about multiculturalism.
frances ban was contraversial, but in order to allow adaptation to their laws - if islam interferes with the running of the laws of the land, then islam has too reform, that is , without question. in islamic countires other faiths have to also concede and indeed have far less rights - is a western women allowed to wbare her arms or legs in afganistan or saudi?
Reply 104
Original post by Dodgypirate
I'm not racist but .... :rolleyes:

Yeah i see exactly why you said that i would say the same .. but what good does islam do to an average person living in the UK like me? There are ongoing wars against muslims where soldiers are dying fighting an army who claim islam is why they kill hundreds of innocent people at a school.
Multiple terrorist attacks every year, every single one carried out by a muslim who uses the quran as an excuse for it,
You dont see jews, hindu's, buddhists or mormons doing the awful things muslims do
Original post by Usmani770
Haha. When something bad happens "Blame Islam." When something good happens "Blame his character".

I love seeing elitist students talking as if they know anything about the world. Makes me just want to sit back and watch their futile attempts at reinforcing their own "perfect" beliefs.
you could reverse that and see muslims claim these crimes are 'down to the person/race/ethnicity not islam' and that 'islam is perfect' -

seeing as the non-islamic world can see quite clearly the problems caused by influence of islamist ideology, can you tell us what exactly are the benfits or advantages to human civilisation that come directly for this ideology?
Lol. What you gonna do. Break down thier doors to check if they're hiding a bag of Qurans or if they have a secret stash of Hadith. Or are you going to lock them up if they wear a hijab outside. You can't ban an ideology because the followers of that ideology devote themselves to the ideology so much that even if you did attempt to ban the ideology they would still practise that ideology even in public. Ideology

Ideology.
The quaran is long overdue for its second edition. Just take out the bits saying to kill non-believers etc. You could probably get the muslim Pope to edit it. muslims believe anything as long as it is in the Koran, so it's not like you need proper references etc so shouldn't take long to roll out.
No. Just because some extremists are spreading terror its still not a reason to ban the islam completely. That would be unfair to islamists who are friendly and harmless. If extremists are a reason to ban religion, so we can ban another religions too, as every religion has extremists.

Moreover its a restriction in freedom of faith which enables everyone to live the faith out and guaranteed that it is accepted by everyone.
(edited 9 years ago)
I believe in the 'practical' theory- that is, we shouldn't do something (especially something with large consequences) if it is impractical.

Why is banning Islam impractical?

1. The OP seems to be in a world of his own in believing that European Muslims would abandon their faith overnight after a European ban on Islam in order to become 'law abiding citizens'. I bet that a ban would only unite Muslims in their faith.

2. As said before, a ban on Islam would only alienate moderate Muslims and let them be radicalized more easily (imagine Muslim children being bullied for practising a banned religion)... that's exactly what ISIS wants. I know ISIS makes excuse for attacking us anyway, but giving them one more excuse (an a very potent one, in their opinion) does not make our society safer- it makes it more dangerous.

3. A law is pointless without enforcement. Do we need to raid homes of Muslims and punish them, when we may as well use the time to hunt paedophiles and the actual extremists.

4. Let's say we deport Muslims who are unwilling to abandon their faith...

5. Muslims are people as well- they have jobs. Who's going to fill the vacuum? Where will they go?

6. Scientology is easily debunked by L. Ron Hubbard's own quote that the only way to get rich is to make a religion. There aren't as obvious ways to debunk Islam. We may as well ban all religions as they can be misused (especially the nasty quotes from the Old Testament), which is even more impractical.

Before I get accused of being Muslim, I'll tell you that I'm nontheist- I don't call myself atheist due to the reputation of quite a number of atheists here on TSR as bigots.

I think freedom from religion and freedom of religion are equal, as long as they don't violate each other.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by al_94
Why are the Muslims to blame? They are made to feel like they don't belong more like guests. Guests should be taken care of and accommodated for.

Guests shouldnt kill the people whose country they have moved into

Latest

Trending

Trending