Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zander01)
    Nah, can't see Madrid winning the CL again, they're basically out of the Copa del rey and the la liga is all to play for. On top of that, Messi neymar and Suarez are increasingly starting to click.
    Ronaldo won the Balon Dor in 2013 when he only won the Copa Del Rey.

Also he has already won the European Supercup, Club World Cup and probably add Laliga medal to that. He's most likely going to win it again.

Ffs i wanted to see someone different win it this year. Ronaldo deserves it but it would have been amazing if Neuer won.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd put money on Ronaldo now. Could've been some easy bucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Ronaldo won the Balon Dor in 2013 when he only won the Copa Del Rey.

Also he has already won the European Supercup, Club World Cup and probably add Laliga medal to that. He's most likely going to win it again.

Ffs i wanted to see someone different win it this year. Ronaldo deserves it but it would have been amazing if Neuer won.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was pretty sure Neuer was going to run him close but to come 3rd is an absolute farce.
    Ronaldo continues his form then he has it in the bag.

ReputationRep:
    How does Iniesta keep getting into the team. And Doesn't Lahm now play more centrally for Bayern? I thought at some points last season he was used a lot as a Defensive Mid, yet he's still considered a Right-Back?

And he's left back in the TOTY????

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely pathetic.

First the Goal of the Year award goes to Rodriguez despite the fact that his goal wasn't anywhere near as impressive technically. The only reason he'll have won it is because he scored his goal on a bigger stage, but for this award that is meant to be irrelevant and it's meant to be decided purely on the goal itself and not the context surrounding it.

Then the Ballon D'or doesn't go to Neuer, the player who out the three had the biggest impact for both his club and his country over the last year and instead goes to pretty boy Ronaldo once again.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Luiz lol...
    http://www.thesportbible.com/article...am-of-the-year

ReputationRep:
    Hodgson voted for Mascherano...

****s sake Roy

Spoiler:
    Show
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I would have gone with Diego Simeone, at least he brings that defensive style of play. Seriously though, biggest travesty of the night is Simeone not winning the Manager award. Probably the best achievement in recent history for a manager to break the Barca-Real dominance in La Liga in a time where both teams are getting almost 100 points every season.

ReputationRep:
    Simeone should have won the manager award. I don't think any other manager (maybe Mou) could have done what he did with those players.

Easy award for Cristiano.

When will the Messi/Ronaldo duopoly end?

Edit: Luiz and Iniesta didn't deserve to be anywhere near that team. Modric was the best midfielder in the world last year.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest, the whole thing was shambolic. Baffling results, Sub-par entertainment and extroadinarily awkward interviews. And to make things worst, Sepp ****ing Blatter came on stage and started talking about freedom of expression

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Simeone should have won the manager award. I don't think any other manager (maybe Mou) could have done what he did with those players.

Easy award for Cristiano.

When will the Messi/Ronaldo duopoly end?

Edit: Luiz and Iniesta didn't deserve to be anywhere near that team. Modric was the best midfielder in the world last year.
    Give it a few years yet I reckon (barring injury), maybe 2019? Ronaldo will be 34 and Messi 32.

I dont get the people wanting to see a different winner for the sake of it, thats not the point of the award at all. I dont see why they cant just sit back and admire these two great players who, regardless of who you think is better of them, will go down as 2 of the greatest ever if not THE greatest two ever.

Its also a disgrace that Simeone didnt win MOTY and Modric, Boateng and Godin werent in TOYT.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the decisions reflect badly on the players/coaches who voted for these.

Simeone deserved the coach of the year, namely for winning La Liga and creating a tremendous work ethic with Atletico.

Most of the players, I imagine, only watched the WC last year hence the ridiculous inclusion of Luiz and Iniesta. Godin and Modric would have been included respectively. I guarantee had these votes been named by players predominantly in Europe rather than the whole world, the results would have been more closer to what we have all seen this past year.

Disappointed Ronaldo's end of speech battlecry was not a Ric Flair 'Wooooo1" complete with the Nature Boy Strut..

ReputationRep:
    Its all rubbish.

No value to the award.

Messi and Ronaldo can f*** off for all I care. Plenty more entertaining and influential players out there that don't carry the ego.

No time for FIFA anymore. Embarrassment to the beautiful game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ronaldo was always going to win. Surprised Messi pipped Neuer, though.

ReputationRep:
    I hate FIFA but don't know how people can say Ronaldo didnt deserve it, his goal to appearance ratio is more than 1 fgs, and only Messi's been able to match that in recent years. Also scored twice against Neuer, who as good as he is will mess up in a big game one day and cost his side, he also plays in by far the best domestic side as well as the best national team, unlike the other two.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What was Woy thinking?

ReputationRep:
    RVP should've won the Puskas Award.

ReputationRep:
    It should have gone:

D'or- Neuer (But Ronaldo does deserve it tbf)
    Puskas- The woman, Stephanie Roche I think (Can't remember her name)
    Coach of the year- Simeone (Low was arguably least deserving of all if anything)

Meh same old same old, really don't know why everyone's surprised.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe Messi's girlfriend lets him out of the house in such terrible suits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I would have gone with Diego Simeone, at least he brings that defensive style of play. Seriously though, biggest travesty of the night is Simeone not winning the Manager award. Probably the best achievement in recent history for a manager to break the Barca-Real dominance in La Liga in a time where both teams are getting almost 100 points every season.
    This, lets not forget getting to the champions league final and taking Real to extra time in it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.