Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Green Day have to be one of my favorite punk bands, have fallen from grace lately though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    They would also fit on a bill for the next ADTR tour. :thumbsup:

Thinking about it ADTR do book excellent support acts. If I remember right last year they had Every Time I Die, letlive. and Architects on various dates. They come across as a band who book bands to tour with because they genuinely like their music which is awesome. I am not a massive ADTR fan (although Common Courtesy is excellent) but I think/hope that their next album/tour will see them headlining festivals.
    ADTR always seem to pick up great supports :yep: Would love to see them headlining a festival, although with the way BMTH seem to be going they could make an amazing arena duo, too.

I think it's great to see 'generic' pop punk getting some more coverage and support of late, and I also think bands like 5SOS are helping the scene greatly in terms of exposure (as much as the 'die-hard-blink-182-and-green-day-are-the-best-punk-bands-ever-don't-mention-the-radio-or-any-relatively-'mainstream'-band' fans hate to admit it). Looks to be a great year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    How did you forget you'd bought tickets?! :giggle: I'm going to the Sunday London one so I hopefully won't miss any lectures/labs unless I travel back on the Monday morning.
    I just thought that it's something I've wanted to do for years and it's also a surprise birthday present for my sister (it's adorable- she still doesn't even know there's a UK tour- bless her!) so I'm -probably unwisely- prioritising FOB...
    gigsandtours may be on about either the doors opening or the warmup act in terms of the 6pm thing. I have no idea.
    It may not be too bad to get in- this will also be the third concert I've ever been to (my avatar may give away who I saw in one of them!) and I queued for about half an hour for those and got there about an hour before the show started. Which concert are you going to?
    I think I was pretty undecided at the time urged myself to buy it at the end anyway Thanks for your tips! It's so nice that you're giving your sister a treat I need to go on Monday (was tempted to exchange tickets on viagogo to go on Sunday instead but wasn't sure about 'trustworthiness' etc.), so would probably turn up late but it's the closest venue (I'm so lazy). SSE Arena's webpage says it starts at 7:30pm, so hopefully I'd be on time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    How did you forget you'd bought tickets?! :giggle: I'm going to the Sunday London one so I hopefully won't miss any lectures/labs unless I travel back on the Monday morning.
    I just thought that it's something I've wanted to do for years and it's also a surprise birthday present for my sister (it's adorable- she still doesn't even know there's a UK tour- bless her!) so I'm -probably unwisely- prioritising FOB...
    gigsandtours may be on about either the doors opening or the warmup act in terms of the 6pm thing. I have no idea.
    It may not be too bad to get in- this will also be the third concert I've ever been to (my avatar may give away who I saw in one of them!) and I queued for about half an hour for those and got there about an hour before the show started. Which concert are you going to?
    I've got a ticket for the Sunday London show!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really want to see ATL and YMA6 on Saturday but I haz no one to go see it with :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the manchester ATL / YMAS show tomorrow night? 🎶

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ymas and atl smashed it

Enter shikari then the script (because danny) and sleeping w sirens and pierce the veeieieieil

Still so sad I can't book FOB (unis what u doing) AND the punk goes tours in America are making me seriously sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackasnacks)
    Ymas and atl smashed it

Enter shikari then the script (because danny) and sleeping w sirens and pierce the veeieieieil

Still so sad I can't book FOB (unis what u doing) AND the punk goes tours in America are making me seriously sad
    Thou shall never mention "The Script" in this thread ever again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronhaar)
    Thou shall never mention "The Script" in this thread ever again
    They're pretty good to be fair

ReputationRep:
    My favourite pop-punk bands have to be Blink-182 and after that, Green Day (post-American Idiot era) and Weezer. Songs like All the Small Things, Dammit, American Idiot, Say It Ain't So, My Name is Jonas, What's My Age Again? are some of the best pop-punk songs. I used to be really into this sub-genre of punk but have begun to lose interest. Tbh, some of the existing pop-punk bands should just quit and dare I say it, blink-182 is one of them. Their time has passed and they'll never return to writing good albums like Enema of the State or Dude Ranch. Their Reading Festival performance last year was decent but it felt like it was missing something: Tom's old chipmunk voice (now he sounds like a beached whale, god knows what happened to the guy) and Mark and Tom jumping around going nuts on stage. They're old guys now, singing their old songs from the 1990s about screwing their teacher or their teenage crush is kinda getting weird. Besides, Tom's left the band already. Other pop-punk bands like Weezer are still doing great though their recent albums suck. lol sorry for being just a pessimist.

ReputationRep:

Decent lineup imo

ReputationRep:

Decent lineup imo
    Im so excited for this!!!!! Anyone going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessjanesanders)
    Im so excited for this!!!!! Anyone going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend and I might go Leeds, not sure yet

ReputationRep:
    The Slam Dunk line up is insane.

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I might go Leeds, not sure yet
    I'm going to leeds!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Might have to go to Slam Dunk on my own, lineup is immense
    (also just discovered Brigades, if you haven't already you should check them out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowster)
    Might have to go to Slam Dunk on my own, lineup is immense
    Which one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Despite the line up being sick I would go just for the architects and while she sleeps performances xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessjanesanders)
    Which one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most likely Wolverhampton, though potentially Leeds since it's just a nicer place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowster)
    Most likely Wolverhampton, though potentially Leeds since it's just a nicer place
    Leeds is fab ;3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.