Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone that's got a place at Southampton! It really is a great uni, and you'll all love the course! X

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered bsc adult nursing although they offered me the pgdip adult nursing too which will start feb 2016. I chose and firmed the pgdip one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohkohpops)
    Hi Everyone

I've been looking for discussions for those who may have had an offer at Southampton for Nursing 2015?
    So excited to go to Uni as I have been given an offer for Adult brand and just thought to see who would be studying nursing with me, and whether you guys are taking up accommodation etc?
    I've just firmed Southampton for child nursing, so excited 😁 haven't applied for accommodation yet, really stuck with where to apply to!

ReputationRep:
    Ehat does the pgdip one mean?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

I've been looking for discussions for those who may have had an offer at Southampton for Nursing 2015?
    So excited to go to Uni as I have been given an offer for Adult brand and just thought to see who would be studying nursing with me, and whether you guys are taking up accommodation etc?
    Hey guys! Congratulations!!!! I will be going into my 3rd year so if you have any questions then just let me know! We have set up a Facebook page for you called "nursing at Southampton 2015"

My name is Gemma Wilbraham and you can find me on Facebook!

Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Congratulations!!!! I will be going into my 3rd year so if you have any questions then just let me know! We have set up a Facebook page for you called "nursing at Southampton 2015"

Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N!*)
    Ehat does the pgdip one mean?

pgdip is post graduate diploma

ReputationRep:
    How long does the course run for? When looking at accommodation contracts they run for 40 weeks and some of them 38 but I thought I read somewhere that the nursing course goes on for longer than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnimm)
    How long does the course run for? When looking at accommodation contracts they run for 40 weeks and some of them 38 but I thought I read somewhere that the nursing course goes on for longer than that.
    Only apply for a standard contract as you will be moving out into your new houses with your friends before your standard contract finishes anyway! You don't want to have to pay for 2 contracts for a few months

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've recently firmed Southampton for adult nursing. I've also applied for accommodation. I put archers road as my 1st choice, glen eyre as my second and Wessex lane as 3rd choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magggie)
    Hi guys, I've recently firmed Southampton for adult nursing. I've also applied for accommodation. I put archers road as my 1st choice, glen eyre as my second and Wessex lane as 3rd choice
    Hi Maggie, although my halls weren't Archers road, they were in the same area! If you have any questions about the area or how easy it is to get to uni/night life just let me know!

Sophie

ReputationRep:
    Also! When do the occupational health and criminal records check happen? There's no info about it! Does the university organise it or do we go out and do it independently?

ReputationRep:
    Hi future Nurses! We've set up a page for you to help find other nurses starting at Southampton this September!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SotonNursing2015/

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

Hey, I've recently firmed my place at southampton to do adult nursing and I couldn't be more pleased. I am hopefully staying in mayflower

ReputationRep:
    When did you have the interview and how long did it take for them to get back to you? I'm still waiting for news!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.