Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarrybak)
    Hello, I am stressing over my personal statement :afraid:. My tutor has tore chunks out of it. I was told on university open days to put in my understanding of the role of a midwife. With the one of the university's I am applying to they want you to demonstrate that you have thought carefully about the influences on women's health and the nature of midwifery in the UK in the 21st century. My tutor only wants me to put in my experience and specific skills and that anything else is irrelevant. I've been reading others online and they seem completely different to mine, mentioning the royal college of midwifes etc...I'm so lost with it now that I don't know if mine is what they are looking for...
    I have just graduated in midwifery, and as has already been said, it is vital that you demonstrate your understanding of the role of the midwife, without this you won't be considered. Many, many people apply for midwifery without a sound understanding of the role (they just want to work with babies) so they use this understanding for scoring applications

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! I've applied for 2016 intake Feb and September! Sent application as soon as opened however after emailing lady from Plymouth uni she informed me that only very limited spaces for Feb intake as nearly full and only for north Devon and Somerset which I can't do, I can only do Plymouth!

So booked a holiday as my mother in law is paying for us to go in June for 10 nights as thought still be fine for September if j get in, however had email back from admissions today saying they aren't exactly sure where the places will be yet, so assume they could still be Plymouth?!?! What about if I got an interview what would happen if I've got a holiday booked now?!

ReputationRep:
    Completed my application and just waiting for my reference (which I asked for 3 weeks ago!!)
    Applying for
    Cardiff
    Keele
    Chester
    South Wales
    Surrey

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I want to do midwifery but have never done health and social care and I am currently on my final year of FASHION. I have no idea if I should apply to universities for midwifery or I am just wasting my time and should do a health and social course in college.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my application for Midwifery was processed on Monday. I am anxiously waiting for potential interview offers- I have no idea when I could hear back. Is anyone else applying to: Nottingham, UEA, Surrey, Oxford Brookes or Birmingham City?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrisMD)
    Hi, I want to do midwifery but have never done health and social care and I am currently on my final year of FASHION. I have no idea if I should apply to universities for midwifery or I am just wasting my time and should do a health and social course in college.
    Is fashion the only qualification you have? Or have you done some other A-levels too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganwilders98)
    Hi, my application for Midwifery was processed on Monday. I am anxiously waiting for potential interview offers- I have no idea when I could hear back. Is anyone else applying to: Nottingham, UEA, Surrey, Oxford Brookes or Birmingham City?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm applying for midwifery at Surrey..just waiting for my reference before I send my application off

ReputationRep:
    When I looked at the entry requirements for universities they said I needed 4 A-levels and Fashion is the equivalent

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranimayx)
    Where is everyone applying to?
    Keele, Manchester, Nottingham, Surrey and York. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexa17)
    Keele, Manchester, Nottingham, Surrey and York. What about you?
    Surrey, Hertfordshire, Nottingham, Keele and either ARU/UEA😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranimayx)
    Surrey, Hertfordshire, Nottingham, Keele and either ARU/UEA😊
    Ooh quite a few of the same then! I've submitted my application today, just need my personal tutor to add my reference and it'll all be sent off. Exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I was just wondering do any of you already have any books on interview questions for Midwifery or thinking about getting any? and which ones?
    I know there's books for like dentistry and medicine, but haven't found many for Midwifery:unimpressed:
    Good luck for your applications

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrisMD)
    How old are you if you don't mind me asking? you should check with your local college if you can do a fast track BTEC course or an ACCESS course

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview invitation yet? From edge hill, jmu Chester Uclan or Salford ?

ReputationRep:
    yes!! I'm was wondering if anyone had any interview offers yet my application went in 2 weeks ago .. I've heard nothing yet 😖

ReputationRep:
    have u heard anything yet? My application went in over two weeks ago .. Still havnt heard a thing 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I have been lucky to receive interview offers from UEA, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham City! Is anyone else attending?!

ReputationRep:
    What are your views on Nottingham university and Manchester to study midwifery

ReputationRep:
    I've rec'd an unsuccessful from LJMU, yet to hear back from Chester and Edge hill...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.