Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janexjc)
    Hey guys! I'm from Singapore and just got accepted into the euro-african campus at Reims. To those who are also accepted to Reims, are you guys also part of this campus or the euro-american one? Would love to connect / answer any questions from those who are still waiting to be interviewed! Thanks and all the best !
    hey ) im euro american, I'm going to sent you a message

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, first of all congratulations to all of you who were already accepted!!! I'm applying for the Poitiers campus and my interview is 10 days and I'm freaking out :eek: I have a few questions I hope someone might be able to answer:

1. Did you make any mistakes with your French, and if so, we're they nice or comprehensive about it?

2. Is anyone else applying for/already got the Boutmy scholarship?

Good of luck y'all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatimar98)
    Hi guys, first of all congratulations to all of you who were already accepted!!! I'm applying for the Poitiers campus and my interview is 10 days and I'm freaking out :eek: I have a few questions I hope someone might be able to answer:

1. Did you make any mistakes with your French, and if so, we're they nice or comprehensive about it?

2. Is anyone else applying for/already got the Boutmy scholarship?

Good of luck y'all!
    Hi! Don't worry about making gramatical errors, as long as you get your point accros you'll be fine. Don't stress too much at the interview, remain calm and it'll go well
    As for the scholarship I'm not applying because I'm an eu student..

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! 😊

For my euro-Africa interview I had to present an article in French about Africa's journey to democracy which completely shocked me at first as I totally didn't expect a FRENCH article but an English one. You can imagine my horror haha, for the first few minutes of preparation I literally sat there, looked at the paper and cursed in my head! 😅

HOWEVER, I managed to get a grip and calm down, upon reading the article, I realised it was rather understandable and thus my subsequent planning went quite smoothly.

During the actual presentation, since French is my third language, of course I stuttered at certain points and I remember repeating the word "unanimité" 4 times in a row because I wasn't sure how the word ended! The trick is, in retrospect, to stay as calm as you can, apologize firmly (I just paused and said "désolée, je vais essayé encore une fois.") and keep moving forward! A few stumbles in the beginning will not affect your overall performance !

After my presentation, the discussion of the article/ debate was held in English, so you're gonna be fine. 😄 haha one of my 2 interviewers who was an alumnus stumbled over the word "authentic" in English as well and apologized haha, so there you go , making mistakes is a human thing to do!

Finally, as I'm from Singapore, I applied for the bout my scholarship but haven't heard anything about that yet, despite being admitted. I heard it takes a lot longer for them to come to a decision on that so breathe and have patience.

Hope this response wasn't too annoyingly long and all the best for the interview ! Any other questions just shoot them here Where are you btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janexjc)
    Hey there! 😊

For my euro-Africa interview I had to present an article in French about Africa's journey to democracy which completely shocked me at first as I totally didn't expect a FRENCH article but an English one. You can imagine my horror haha, for the first few minutes of preparation I literally sat there, looked at the paper and cursed in my head! 😅

HOWEVER, I managed to get a grip and calm down, upon reading the article, I realised it was rather understandable and thus my subsequent planning went quite smoothly.

During the actual presentation, since French is my third language, of course I stuttered at certain points and I remember repeating the word "unanimité" 4 times in a row because I wasn't sure how the word ended! The trick is, in retrospect, to stay as calm as you can, apologize firmly (I just paused and said "désolée, je vais essayé encore une fois.") and keep moving forward! A few stumbles in the beginning will not affect your overall performance !

After my presentation, the discussion of the article/ debate was held in English, so you're gonna be fine. 😄 haha one of my 2 interviewers who was an alumnus stumbled over the word "authentic" in English as well and apologized haha, so there you go , making mistakes is a human thing to do!

Finally, as I'm from Singapore, I applied for the bout my scholarship but haven't heard anything about that yet, despite being admitted. I heard it takes a lot longer for them to come to a decision on that so breathe and have patience.

Hope this response wasn't too annoyingly long and all the best for the interview ! Any other questions just shoot them here Where are you btw?
    Thank you so so much you actually helped me calm my nerves a little bit I'm from Colombia so I'm applying to the Latin American campus in Poitiers and Reims is my second choice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Congratulations for those who were accepted, I would like to know if there is a specific method to analyse the article.
    By the way,Tatimar98, espero verte en Poitiers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-PaulSartre)
    Hi! Congratulations for those who were accepted, I would like to know if there is a specific method to analyse the article.
    By the way,Tatimar98, espero verte en Poitiers
    No problem Tatimar98, believe in yourself and GO FOR IT!

Hi Jean-PaulSartre, there is no specific method to analyse. You should go to the sciences po website and scrutinise the oral interview page, they give very detailed guidance. Coherence, pithiness are the key. Make sure they can follow you easily.

ReputationRep:
    Jean-PaulSartre I hope so too!! De dónde eres??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got accepted in Dijon?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm brand new to this website; I applied to the Sciences Po Reims Euro-America campus and have my interview in Boston, USA at the end of May. I'm from Texas in the United States. Does anyone have any insight on what I should expect in the interview for the Euro-American campus?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I should send my application next year (2016) and wondered if there's anyone here applying for the Dual BA Science Po-Columbia University?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!
    i applied for reims end of feb, had my interview 21st april and i am waiting for a reply. Should i be worried i havent received anything yet? i know its just the 14th but i read like 4 blogs were people say they had received their results around the 12th, 13th etc.
    im from greece btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raetchka)
    Anyone got accepted in Dijon?
    Hi
    I'm having my interview in 2days, i'm a bit nervous..
    Anyone else heading to Dijon?? I'm hungarian btw

So, how do you prepare for the article analysing? I have a method but i'm not really sure if it's correct or not

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview yesterday, what I can tell you is the article analysis part was not as difficult as I expected. It could have just been my case but my article was fairly short and I had more than enough time to prepare. They let you take notes and use them in the interview. What I do recommend is be prepared to answer in depth follow up questions; they might ask these questions with their own personal stance going against your own but just remain confident and be very clear and precise

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I heard they want us to make arguments and prove what we say.

Last question: what to wear???
    I thought about putting on neat clothes, but i'm afraid a full suit would be too much.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good question, definitely wear a full suit, absolutely no doubt. Everyone I interviewed with was wearing a full suit.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview yesterday. I don't really feel confident about it, to be honest. They always made me feel that my answer is wrong, but I think I was confident. The only question that surprised me was about my ability to learn in French. They asked me in French and I didn't know some words because I'm at level A2...(that's why I applied for the programme with intensive french classes)

And you guys, what did you think after finishing the interview?

ReputationRep:
    I felt fairly confident, although I definitely felt at times there was some disagreement with a couple of my answers. That being said I would highly doubt they would let anyone off so easy without challenging the answers they provided. I think the pressure of disagreement is part of the interview process.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, then I wasn't the only one

Now I (rather we) have at about 2 weeks to get the results. Gosh!

Btw which campus are you applying to? And where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Ya I hope it turns out well! I'm applying to the Euro-American campus in Reims. I'm from Texas, the United States. How about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.