Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oxford Physics reject here!

Tbh that really broke my heart, but right now i'm extremely happy to get an offer from Imperial!!

I fulfilled the conditions already, sending off my results by post today! Most definitely firming it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemPrince)
    Even I was seriously upset with the Cambridge rejection...
    But I'm over it now! I feel Imperial wld be an amazing place to be...
    Yeah its really a big fat workload but the prospect of living in LONDON is like WOW. Growing up in a small town, I feel really fascinated by that :P

Thou I'm waiting to hear back from US colleges that I've applied to.. And then decide if I should firm Imperial!

Hi, have you heard from your US applications yet? I'm considering between Imperial vs NYU (and likes of) and am interested in what your thoughts are on Imperial VS US Colleges. Good luck,BTW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariSea)
    Me! I applied for Biochemistry with a year in industry also, is anyone else on here an Oxbridge reject? hahah
    Hey! I also applied for Biochemistry with a year in industry! But I'm still hesitating whether to firm this or UCL Natural Sciences! I'm currently swaying more towards Imperial but the lower student satisfaction rates and the apparently not-so-enjoyable social experience for some ex-Imperial students is what makes me hesitate... Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnaJay)
    Hey! I also applied for Biochemistry with a year in industry! But I'm still hesitating whether to firm this or UCL Natural Sciences! I'm currently swaying more towards Imperial but the lower student satisfaction rates, the somewhat disappointing Open Day and the apparently not-so-enjoyable social experience for some ex-Imperial students is what makes me hesitate... Any suggestions anyone?

Imperial...UCL is for chumps.

ReputationRep:
    hi there

can you tell us when you have started your application date and when did you got the offer letter from imperial college.

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for MEng Computing

ReputationRep:
    Any fb page for people who have firmed imperial? I'm trying to find some but I cant - there was a fb page for applicants/offer holders 2015 but my request to join was declined twice without an explanation even though i asked the admins to accept it?? Even though I have firmed it already??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huyan)
    Any fb page for people who have firmed imperial? I'm trying to find some but I cant - there was a fb page for applicants/offer holders 2015 but my request to join was declined twice without an explanation even though i asked the admins to accept it?? Even though I have firmed it already??
    You mean this?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/338111683053067/

ReputationRep:
    Any one else kind freaked out that Imperial haven't sent any emails after firming?

ReputationRep:
    Math & Stats
    Requiring A*A in Further Math resp. Physics
    Still working hard on further math...
    When will the accommodation registration system open? A lil anxious now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical Engineering firmer for Mechanical Engineering A*AAA (A* maths) and I was also rejected from cambridge, but anyways Imperial would have been my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed Geophysics with a year abroad. Offer is AAAA. Really excited!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Brubeckian)
    Any one else kind freaked out that Imperial haven't sent any emails after firming?
    Don't worry about it. Universities often don't bother. When I applied to Imperial several years ago I didn't hear anything after firming until the accommodation application.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by lukemags)
    I've firmed Geophysics with a year abroad. Offer is AAAA. Really excited!!!
    Congratulations! Good choice. The RSM is great. I enjoyed my course there.

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Imperial Biochem (AAA). Enjoy biology and chemistry but not 100% sure it's the course for me, anybody know how easy it is to swap between courses once we have A Level results?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed MEng Computing (A*AAA with 2 in Step 2)

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Imperial for Biochem w/ year in industry... what are people thinking for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we can start our accommodation applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bakky88)
    Does anyone know when we can start our accommodation applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If Imperial is your first choice then at some point this month you will receive an email invitation to apply for accommodation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.