Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is your biggest mistake/regret in your life so far? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    I suppose, it's never too late. Not even at 19, to get braces and a beautiful smile right.... RIGHT?!?!?!!

I just wanted to say... I suppose I should regret the last couple of years of my life, cause I had no true friends, was a shut in, wasted it all on gaming, did nothing significant, yadda yadda yadda

But now that I've set new goals, and found new passions, it doesn't matter to me at all that my life before now was remarkably... unremarkable. I don't even think about it at all now, because I'm much more excited about what the future brings, I don't even have time to dwell on the past.

Go on, start living your life now, and you won't even care about what happened in the past!
    right.never.

yeh this gal turned it round.but the important thing to remember is that she was once a nobody.as was I.but you just gotta keep faith in yourself when the tough times come and keep improving yourself.everyone has the potential to be something special in life.everyone.it just takes determination and faith to get there.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sharukhan)
    the feeling is mutual mate , what is your profile now like for medical school or have you received any offers?
    I'm still doing as levels! Hoping to apply next year how is it going for you?

ReputationRep:
    No one else has mentioned this, maybe because everyone else is a better person than me haha. I regret cheating. Regret it big time.

ReputationRep:
    Having my baby

ReputationRep:
    **** happen. I don't look back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerMann)
    Dude, no homo. First you say you are my dad, then you tell me to suck my dad's D***? Errm, Nein, Danke!

I regret nothing, because the events leading up to now made me the person I am.
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    I saw this in today's Telegraph. Quote from the chap who runs a 1.2bn investment fund:

I actually wanted to be an engineer.... But after university struggled to get a job and instead ended up taking a job in fund management.

ReputationRep:
    Being dumbstruck by authority or aggressors. It's like that fight or flight response, I stop being able to string a sentence together and everything stops feeling real, I don't feel like I am really there and when I do, I wish I didn't. I can't really think, all I want to do is not be there, and if I even attempt to think it's like suddenly I need lots of air and get out of breath. I get pins and needles in my hands, feet and face and I've had everything go sparkly in my vision on a number of occasions. I just... stop responding. Like a crashed computer program. People often say I'm expressionless and look like I don't care, but that is definitely not what's happening under the hood. It has been a huge source of problems in my life, my one biggest regret.

I wish I could get over it somehow.

ReputationRep:
    I picked poor parents.

ReputationRep:
    staying up late on TSR trol ol ol lol

ReputationRep:
    going to Plymouth University and realising they spend all their money on chairs and tv's.

ReputationRep:
    Not looking after my teeth in my early twenties. About a year of not brushing them much while living on Haribo and Coke left me 13 teeth down and looking methadon-y rapidstyle. Now there are bridges at the front, so it mostly goes unnoticed but chewing is a *******, and those bridges are gradually pulling the teeth they're attached to out, and I doubt I'll ever be to afford implants.

ReputationRep:
    Not going to University. I feel, at 19, I am far too young to be in a dull 9-5 job Monday-Friday. It's draining to think that's your future for the next 50 years.

University however, would have allowed me to make friends, stay up late watching films/playing xbox, commit lots of time to education, go out partying a lot and just feel like a lot of the commitment and tediousness with life is still to come, rather than in my face.

If I could go back 3 years, I would have forced myself to do A-Levels and go to University.

ReputationRep:
    At 18, my only regrets so far are social regrets.

You know, regret being so shy when i was younger... asking certain girls out....

On the academic side of things I'm doing well.

ReputationRep:
    Spending all my savings on pointless stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Not getting my A-Level Maths grades remarked last year. I know that I was graded unfairly on some of those papers.

Can't complain too much though. I still got AA.

ReputationRep:
    That you can't spell 'Shah Rukh Khan' properly.

ReputationRep:
    Giving up on life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Letting others influence my relationship.

(Original post by meenu89)
    Letting others influence my relationship.
    this this this this

Letting TSR trolls influence my relationship more than my friends and family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powpowpowpowpow)
    Being dumbstruck by authority or aggressors. It's like that fight or flight response, I stop being able to string a sentence together and everything stops feeling real, I don't feel like I am really there and when I do, I wish I didn't. I can't really think, all I want to do is not be there, and if I even attempt to think it's like suddenly I need lots of air and get out of breath. I get pins and needles in my hands, feet and face and I've had everything go sparkly in my vision on a number of occasions. I just... stop responding. Like a crashed computer program. People often say I'm expressionless and look like I don't care, but that is definitely not what's happening under the hood. It has been a huge source of problems in my life, my one biggest regret.

I wish I could get over it somehow.
    that tends to derive from extreme need from validation from external forces, lack of independence and possible childhood abuse/neglect

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.