Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Beginning to think I'm undateable watch

ReputationRep:
    In regards to internet dating, have you tried OKCupid? I think the crowd on there is generally focused more on relationships.

My advice would be to try new social circles if you can. If you're able to join a new club, volunteer on a weekend somewhere, anything... meeting new people is important. Maybe get a new hobby or something that involves new people?

I met my boyfriend really randomly on a night out with friends, and I doubt we'd have met online even though we were both on PoF at one point. Plus we're not each other's usual type but in person we had an instant connection/chemistry.

I'm 24 and most of my friends are my age or varying between 24-34. You're 29, you're by no means alone in struggling with the dating game... a fair few of my friends are in the same position. The best thing you can do is get out as much as possible with friends, meet their mutual friends, and keep an open mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nothing wrong with being picky. Rather be picky & try and find a decent bloke, than settle for something for the sake of it. Yes my dating experiences haven't been great but at the same time I'm not going to date EVERY bloke that says "Hi" in a message. Or date those who I'm not physically attracted to. There has to be slight attraction before I actually become interested.
    Enjoy You getting old and alone, and maybe finally lowering your standards.XD Nobody at level you want be just with you. With level of attractivity you want out of them, they can get laid all the time which means no exclusivity. You are average and want above average. Those guys will only date above average.. average only for sex and no investment. And this goes to ALL women...... Dont you ever try to wonder why you are lonely and world is not fair. YOU ARE NOT FAIR. Guys on your level of looks are lonely too, but they are not good enough for ya.
    This goes to all of ya. 80% of men on OKCupid were called bellow average by women.....ARE YOU ****ING KIDDIN ME?

ReputationRep:
    "Did I ever tell you, the definition of insanity?"

ReputationRep:
    LOL. You have extreme standards and you are to stupid to realize that. All guys you wrote about were hot and can have a LOT of girls. They will not settle for relationship with normal girl if they can have plenty of them. Tehy would settle only with super hot which you are not. LOWER YOU ****ING STANDARDS and normal guys would have relationshipXDD.
    Women are so ****ed up today- 80% of men on OKCupid were called bellow average by femalesXDD. **** you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petarosus18)
    LOL. You have extreme standards and you are to stupid to realize that. All guys you wrote about were hot and can have a LOT of girls. They will not settle for relationship with normal girl if they can have plenty of them. Tehy would settle only with super hot which you are not. LOWER YOU ****ING STANDARDS and normal guys would have relationshipXDD.
    Women are so ****ed up today- 80% of men on OKCupid were called bellow average by femalesXDD. **** you
    sounds like someone got called below average

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was actually called above average a LOT in person:-).

ReputationRep:
    I was actually called above average a LOT in person:-).
    sure :rolleyes:

your capslock rant above really convinces me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    sure :rolleyes:

your capslock rant above really convinces me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do I give a ****?

ReputationRep:
    Do I give a ****?
    you gave enough of a **** to come in and write a whole capital filled paragraph

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do I give a **** if you believe me?

(Original post by Odd socks)
    you gave enough of a **** to come in and write a whole capital filled paragraph

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And is the OP in the slightest bit bothered by the 'rant' from this individual? Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Its actually the truth. Hot guys will not have relationship with average girl only **** you. Deal with it

Its actually the truth. Hot guys will not have relationship with average girl only **** you. Deal with it
    The guys I dated are NOT hot, if anything, average looking guys. As mentioned throughout the the thread looks is NOT the first thing I go for, being interesting is. If the guys who messaged me but I ignored didn't have a boring profile and said more than just "Hi", then I'd make an effort to respond & get to know. But I'm not into small chitchat, it's boring.

So just "deal with that" in terms of how I've been throughout the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The guys I dated are NOT hot, if anything, average looking guys. As mentioned throughout the the thread looks is NOT the first thing I go for, being interesting is. If the guys who messaged me but I ignored didn't have a boring profile and said more than just "Hi", then I'd make an effort to respond & get to know. But I'm not into small chitchat, it's boring.

So just "deal with that" in terms of how I've been throughout the whole thing.
    Lol Bodybuilder, F1 guy. What you think is average is distributed among the population of males in max top 25%. XD. Guys I hope yo uare reading this. 80% of men were called bellow average on OKCUPID. Do my a favor- when you go for a walk, count all males and what degree of them are average in your standards....

Lol Bodybuilder, F1 guy. What you think is average is distributed among the population of males in max top 25%. XD. Guys I hope yo uare reading this. 80% of men were called bellow average on OKCUPID. Do my a favor- when you go for a walk, count all males and what degree of them are average in your standards....
    The Bodybuilding twit I had absolute zero attraction for (typical orange bloke, bulky & just generally not my type) but thought I'd see what he was like as I didnt want to tarnish all with the same brush. The F1 guy USE to work for Red Bull, works in IT and is your typical IT geek, not in the slightest bit attractive. But again thought I'd meet him, see what he was like. What I've said are simply ways to describe them; their occupations do not indicate if they are attractive or not - bit of a stupid but flawed assumption!!

And I won't be doing you a favour and reporting back as your opinion means nothing to me. I'm no longer interested in dating at the mo as quite frankly I'd rather focus on myself than wasting time of men. I thought I would say my experiences & try to gain mature responses which a few have managed to do. But to no surprise there have been few to judge and poke fun at my misfortunes which quite a few have enjoyed doing, even when I've been raped by someone who took advantage me when I told the bloke no.

So I'm sorry if what you read may appear like I'm 'punching above my weight' which I can assure you I'm not. I'm just a young lady trying the whole dating thing, albeit online/real life like millions of people in the world are doing.

ReputationRep:
    Post theyr pictures.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.