Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanel96)
    Oh hahah yeah I've put court as my second
    I keep getting mixed between all the Talys! I told someone I had Taly South as my first choice not too long ago :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I keep getting mixed between all the Talys! I told someone I had Taly South as my first choice not too long ago :mmm:
    I don't blame you! After a while they just all merge into one 😂 They should really come up with different names for them!

ReputationRep:
    Are we more likely to get our choice if we're offered an unconditional offer?
    Keen for Taly South or Court, and wondering if I will give a good shot at getting a place there seeing as I have already accepted an unconditional?
    Also, what is this Taly South Undergraduate plus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amumford91)
    Same boat exactly! I'll be 24 by the time Uni starts, 'hopefully' doing computer science.....
    Okay, this makes me feel slightly better. I'm going to be in my first year in September and 20 years old. I thought I was gonna be old compared to everyone else! I know I am younger than you guys, but still it just goes to show that not everyone is going to be eighteen and away from home / drinking for the first time! Good luck with getting your place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsjackson)
    Keen for Taly South or Court, and wondering if I will give a good shot at getting a place there seeing as I have already accepted an unconditional?
    I really want to know if people with unconditionals hear back earlier and are more likely to get their first choice too. It does say that accommodation offers are done first come first serve from when you get an unconditional offer.
    I'm guessing the undergrad plus means you get a bigger ensuite and/ or room.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, this makes me feel slightly better. I'm going to be in my first year in September and 20 years old. I thought I was gonna be old compared to everyone else! I know I am younger than you guys, but still it just goes to show that not everyone is going to be eighteen and away from home / drinking for the first time! Good luck with getting your place
    I'll be 21 when I start in Sept

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Could anyone give me an idea on what cardiffs accommodation guest policy is... Like is it ok if I have a friend, my sister or my boyfriend stay over occasionally.

Obviously I would make sure my flat mates were comfortable with it and knew about it, but are the accommodation wardens ok with this??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been allocated a room? If not does anyone know how long we have to wait until we find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbro7)
    Has anyone been allocated a room? If not does anyone know how long we have to wait until we find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Think you're only allocated a room after you've had your results! Unless you have an unconditional then I'm not too sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chanel96)
    Think you're only allocated a room after you've had your results! Unless you have an unconditional then I'm not too sure
    Oh right, I have an unconditional offer but maybe that's when we all find out..? Thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbro7)
    Oh right, I have an unconditional offer but maybe that's when we all find out..? Thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think it might be you're welcome!

ReputationRep:
    Same situation here, i accepted my unconditional about 2 weeks ago and put Taly south and court as my first choices. And still says waiting allocation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbro7)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cardiff doesn't begin sorting through accommodation applications until June, and they say to keep an eye on your e-mail through June/July/August for confirmations. Unconditionals, like myself, still have to wait with everyone else. It's only fair

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! has anyone applied for liberty house yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Could anyone give me an idea on what cardiffs accommodation guest policy is... Like is it ok if I have a friend, my sister or my boyfriend stay over occasionally.

Obviously I would make sure my flat mates were comfortable with it and knew about it, but are the accommodation wardens ok with this??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is absolutely fine, as you are paying for the room so you can have whoever you want visiting you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martin6)
    That sounds really good! By open space do you mean like the kitchen/bedrooms etc?

I'm going to be doing Education so will be in the Social Sciences building (Glamorgan I think) xD
    Sorry for an incredibly late reply haha! Yeah kitchen's are at least 5x bigger than senghennydd, and also Gordon hall isn't divided into flats. You'll find other halls are devided into flats of 5 or 8 people, whereas Gordon Hall is similar to a hotel, corridors and open space, so very friendly with plenty of people!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maths too and have put down taly south

ReputationRep:
    anyone applied for business management and taly gate for your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jules 123)
    anyone applied for business management and taly gate for your first choice?
    Taly gate is my first choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wow loads of people have put taly gate as their first choice (I have not) - its going to be so hard to get a room in there this year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.