Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your six most Liked politicians in the UK active today Watch

• Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Wannabedentist7)
    George Galloway. The media may present him as crazy but he speaks a lot of sense.
    He predicted the Iraq war andwas the only one that had the guts to stand up to tony Blair. He lost a lot of respect because he openly critises the system but I personally think he's the only politician who knows what he's talking about
    The only one to stand up to Blair? How about Charles Kennedy and The Liberal Democrats on the Iraq War....

Also, Galloway's an ignorant pleb imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Iain duncan smith -
    the truth is, you have to be tough to be fair. and he seems to genuinely want to help people even if he takes the tough approach
    As much as i want the welfare bill cut, i can't stand him. Between the incompetent way he's implemented policy and his blatant pandering to business on stuff like sick pay, i really don't like him and hope he gets the sack.

ReputationRep:
    Liane wood (love her accent)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibzombie96)
    You know what's even cooler than using acronyms? Having to explain them afterwards.

And how are all other politicians more dodgy or deceitful than Farage?
    PRSOM

That mans not even honest to himself- even for ukip that resignation was a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodandThunder)
    Who would know that acronym (I didn't make it up)? Farage voices traditional torry views because he has no party line to pull, no centre ground to fight for. They are a protest party, Farage is a hero
    Yes he is TORRY (torn on really resigning yearly)

Miliband and Clegg are better and more honest men than that charlatan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Yes he is TORRY (torn on really resigning yearly)

Miliband and Clegg are better and more honest men than that charlatan.
    How wrong you are

ReputationRep:
    Updated:

1: Nick Clegg: truly decent guy that put national interest above party interest.

2: Ken Clarke: excellent chancellor and very funny highlighting some of the Tories stupidity such as pointing out to Theresa May that nobody has been refused deportation for owning a cat

3: Dominic Grieve: Truly decent conservative.

4: Anna Soubry: voice of reason

5: Chris Bryant: very likeable and common sense

6: Liz Kendall: AKA, labours only hope.

ReputationRep:
    John Bercow, just for the brilliant way he does being the Speaker.
    Dennis Skinner - down-to-earth, puts his principles first, doesn't suffer fools(read:Tories) gladly, and a still small and resoundingly northern voice of reason.
    Ed Miliband - a guy who, for all his faults, appeared to really want to make this country better.
    Diane Abbott - because I respect how she overcame the huge barriers that were up against her and became a MP, and because frankly she's the best leader Labour never had.
    Stephen Lloyd, Lib Dem ex-MP for Eastbourne - not technically still active as he sadly lost his seat by 722 votes in May, but someone who despite being a Lib Dem really did his best for his constituency and his constituents, and who was very genuine and lovely in person.
    Nicola Sturgeon - knows completely what she's about, doesn't take it from anyone and in my opinion dominated the debates. She also seems like a normal person at heart which is rare in politics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.