Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    If I find the right person.. Although I doubt anyone will want to marry me :/

ReputationRep:
    Been married for over 20 years

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to marry at like 23-24 but now I want to marry at 27 or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    If I find the right person.. Although I doubt anyone will want to marry me :/

I'm sure that's not true
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I'm sure that's not true
    Lol I'm too quiet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Lol I'm too quiet!
    Then come out of your shell!

Would love to but struggling to find a decent guy to even date! :-/

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't even get a proper date, let alone getting married lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to marry one day. Finding the right person is the difficult thing!

ReputationRep:
    No intention of getting married, or having children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Then come out of your shell!
    great advice...

ReputationRep:
    I would chose neither- both would be very big commitments for me and it seems living together is difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    How does TSR feel about marriage?

Do you know you definitely plan to get married? Or would you rather live with someone as a partner than a husband/wife?
    Yeah I definitely would like to👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

I plan to marry within the next 5 years or so, but I am very skeptical of marriage. Being a child of divorced parents I am now petrified of putting my children through the same. My experience wasn't all that traumatic in comparison to what others have been through, but nonetheless it has left me with some personal problems and mental health issues which I can only put down to that after many hours of discussion with councellors.

My main reasons for wanting to marry is mainly because I want to be married before having children, so that we can all hold the same name. My mum had remarried and now obviously had a different surname, and I no longer feel like we're a family unit anymore, so everyone having the same surname is important to me. They are also for the legal reasons, where my husband (to-be, hopefully one day), who knows me better than anyone, can be the one to make decisions for me, and I for him, sorting inheritance etc.

Hopefully, I've already found the person of whom I'll marry. I can't imagine my life without my partner of 7 years anymore.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I definitely plan to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    How does TSR feel about marriage?

Do you know you definitely plan to get married? Or would you rather live with someone as a partner than a husband/wife?
    No.

I am unaware of any significant benefit to getting married.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to get married after I graduate, but I don't mind getting engaged whilst I'm still studying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Over 50% of marriages fail... do you people really want to get married ... seriously in this day and age marriage is joke
    If that's true, then 50% of marriages are a success! Why not take that chance for commitment than regretting never doing it at all? I mean, we're all gonna go through break ups and relationship problems in our life - that's human nature - but I mean, if you really, really loved someone to the point where you literally get sick being away from them for more than two weeks, or just cuddle up with their jumper with their scent on when they're away and you're watching TV on the sofa, then this is pretty much marriage - a love between two that is unbreakable, and in a way, getting married is the icing on the cake. I think...the reason why marriages fail at all is because of a lack of communication or the way a couple just fall out - because it's possible to just fall out of a relationship, because, again, that's a part of human nature too and we shouldn't be ashamed of that, right?

So why think ahead about a marriage failing when you haven't tried a go at it at all? (and if you have had a try at it, and your marriage hasn't been as successful as you'd like it to be, then we're all different, right?)

Then again... I don't even have a boyfriend :eek: so I don't even know why I'm on this tag right now

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I'd make the wife sign a prenup. As has been mentioned, what happens if a divorce comes through?

ReputationRep:
    I want to marry. Firstly, having a family is always a good thing. Furthermore, it is good for your success at life. Eventually, you have a life long best friend!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.