Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is she really *this* busy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJExeter)
    I'm assuming by your whining that either you're not a University student, or if you are that you're not doing a particularly academic subject.

Speak to any final year student doing a difficult degree subject and when the deadlines start to pile up it's not uncommon for them to be doing 14 hours work or more per day, and speaking from personal experience when you're in one of those periods all you want to do when you do finish working for the day is go home, have some food, and collapse.

At the end of the day her degree has to come before you, and if you can't see that then quite frankly you're incredibly selfish and she deserves better than you.
    Very true, Uni & even college (depending on what courses you are doing) can be a very stressful and tiring period of your life. At the end of the day all you want to do is finish your work and vegetate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Who the hell said I was 'moaning' at her lol ?
    Sorry it wasn't meant like that, but it could seem like that if you are persistent. And yet, persistence is what women want in a relationship, so I guess as the other person said, maybe you can't win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    so 2 questions

a) how would you feel if he was the one in 3rd year/doing Masters and needing space

b) How would you react if she chose to broke up with him now during this time, because he wasn't being ambitious enough in the interim etc.?
    a) works both ways - if you need space to get through some work, then you need space.

b) Not sure what you mean by 'in the interim' - if someone wasn't ambitious in general though, then that's a legit reason to break up with them

ReputationRep:
    Yup I know how she feels... give her space.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't ask anything about her personality. Why question it?
    whatever..... I just answered your question, since it seems odd that you're her bf, and you don't know how she reacts to basic stuff like this.... you asked for comments, so I gave mine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikidyounot.)
    You feel threatened :blush: Cute.
    I just know self-gratification when I see it. I think it's interesting that another member noticed it about you too.

ReputationRep:
    Or is it some excuse?

My GF and I have been together for 10 months now. Everything has been great. Yes we've had ups and downs like every other couple, but we always seem to settle it quickly.

Anyway, she's on her last year of 3 year maths degree, and according to her and the work I've seen when I've been around hers, it's really stressful.

She has 2 major maths coursework due in soon, one which she has just finished, and then she has a long maths exercise to do too.

She told me things would get really stressful and that we wouldn't be able to see each other as much. That we shouldn't 'promise' each other times we could meet (?)

Of course we've spoken on the phone a couple of times and by text, so she hasn't gone completely AWOL, but even her closest friends tell me this is how she acts when she's busy/stressed.

Should I just take her word for it?
    So you've seen first hand how stressful it can be, AND her friends tell you this is what happens when she's busy.

why do you have any reason to not believe her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Uh Maths degrees are really hard. Like 80% of your marks come from your third year.Of course she's going to be ridiculously busy.
    It was like 70% for my physics degree. Which sucked as my grades sloped downwards each year :indiff: It's pobbaly good for the people that piss about in first and second year though.

I was well above first in first year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikidyounot.)
    Yes. You decide what's right and wrong, what's logical and illogical, who makes sense, and who doesn't, what's fair and unfair, you have sound judgment, you're objective. It makes sense in your reality and your perspective, and that's what matters above all.
    I decide from my perspective, yes, as do you from yours and he does from his and she does from hers. Don't we all live in our own realities and, at best, attempt to empathise with the perspective of others? As I said, and by your own admission, my intentions have been honestly stated; I don't think I have undermined them in this thread but you quite clearly disagree. Let's move on.

ReputationRep:
    My friend, the solution is, as it always was, the D. Yes, yes, it may sound a bit off, but trust me- this is the only way.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds legit :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.