Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of the NWA? - Look at me again! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    But it's not a problem halved, it's a problem passed on entirely to someone else. You must have to ask how the UK alone can have spent billions trying to help poor countries yet most of them seem no better off

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is no one single person handing the burden for everyone else, we all pay taxes. That's probably because of the countries helping them in the first place, you can't get something for nothing, isn't that how the saying goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM713)
    There is no one single person handing the burden for everyone else, we all pay taxes. That's probably because of the countries helping them in the first place, you can't get something for nothing, isn't that how the saying goes.
    I'm not entirely sure whether or not you're talking about poor people in this country or the very poor that live in other countries. Well there are always exceptions to those sayings

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    I'm not entirely sure whether or not you're talking about poor people in this country or the very poor that live in other countries. Well there are always exceptions to those sayings

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean the poor everywhere. You act like developed countries get nothing of giving aid, which in reality they are getting a whole lot more from resources than is being given.

ReputationRep:
    I mean the poor everywhere. You act like developed countries get nothing of giving aid, which in reality they are getting a whole lot more from resources than is being given.
    Well when we give money to countries like Ethiopia what do we get in return?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Well when we give money to countries like Ethiopia what do we get in return?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Africa as a continent, has been reported in giving out $192 billion through mostly illegal activities, such as tax evasion, illegal logging and fishing as well as loan repayments.

ReputationRep:
    Africa as a continent, has been reported in giving out $192 billion through mostly illegal activities, such as tax evasion, illegal logging and fishing as well as loan repayments.

That video, nor your brief comment actually answered my question so I'll ask it again. When we give money to countries, such as Ethiopia, who we gave £329m to in 2013 alone, what do we get in return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    That video, nor your brief comment actually answered my question so I'll ask it again. When we give money to countries, such as Ethiopia, who we gave £329m to in 2013 alone, what do we get in return?
    I kinda did. Africa and its many countries provides developed countries with, as it has " a large quantity of natural resources which includes diamonds, salt, gold, iron, cobalt, uranium, copper, bauxite, silver, petroleum and cocoa beans, but also woods and tropical fruits."

Just aid is given does mean it because of the kindness in there heart. http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...k-aid-agencies

ReputationRep:
    I kinda did. Africa and its many countries provides developed countries with, as it has " a large quantity of natural resources which includes diamonds, salt, gold, iron, cobalt, uranium, copper, bauxite, silver, petroleum and cocoa beans, but also woods and tropical fruits."

Just aid is given does mean it because of the kindness in there heart. http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...k-aid-agencies
    Well to continue with Ethiopia as my example country what exactly do what do we get given to us for free from Ethiopia in return for the aid we provide them with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Well to continue with Ethiopia as my example country what exactly do what do we get given to us for free from Ethiopia in return for the aid we provide them with?
    everything i said previously, asking the same question only result in receiving the same answer and what makes you think the aid is given for free?

ReputationRep:
    everything i said previously, asking the same question only result in receiving the same answer and what makes you think the aid is given for free?
    You haven't answered it, I asked you give details of what we get in return from Ethiopia specifically. Giving a list of what you believe we get from some countries to whom we give aid to for free isn't an answer. Because I don't have reason to believe otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    You haven't answered it, I asked you give details of what we get in return from Ethiopia specifically. Giving a list of what you believe we get from some countries to whom we give aid to for free isn't an answer. Because I don't have reason to believe otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's as though you are simmering to tell me the answer, so go ahead. You're clearly as equally subborn, as I am.

ReputationRep:
    It's as though you are simmering to tell me the answer, so go ahead. You're clearly as equally subborn, as I am.
    I don't have an answer. You're the one who said we don't just give aid money for free, we get things in return but when it comes to the one country I've asked you about you can't actually say what we get for free from them because we provide them with aid money, you've just given a vague general answer which probably isn't even true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    I don't have an answer. You're the one who said we don't just give aid money for free, we get things in return but when it comes to the one country I've asked you about you can't actually say what we get for free from them because we provide them with aid money, you've just given a vague general answer which probably isn't even true

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's probably is true actually, I'm not making any of this up anyway. why are you asking a question you don't even know the answer to, yet you complain I'm not answering it right?

ReputationRep:
    It's probably is true actually, I'm not making any of this up anyway. why are you asking a question you don't even know the answer to, yet you complain I'm not answering it right?
    I'm not complaining that you're answer is wrong I'm saying that your answer doesn't address my question. You gave a general answer which has no substance and then wouldn't answer a more specific question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    I'm not complaining that you're answer is wrong I'm saying that your answer doesn't address my question. You gave a general answer which has no substance and then wouldn't answer a more specific question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have gone way off topic.

ReputationRep:
    The Zeitgeist moving forward pretty much sums up why I think the NWA is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    You have gone way off topic.
    Only because you couldn't give a satisfactory answer to a question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Only because you couldn't give a satisfactory answer to a question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :P = I will proceed to act juvenile with you.

To a question about something I don't know about.

ReputationRep:
    :P = I will proceed to act juvenile with you.

To a question about something I don't know about.
    Haha okay then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.