Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeeBuzz)
    Nice!!! We've only done a one mock exam so far. I'm really annoyed that my teacher doesn't seem bothered about teaching us exam techniques. The fail rate for psy is sooo high at our school (for AS and A2). All the other subjects are ok, so maybe it's the teaching. I personally don't think i'll fail psychology at all though. It's not hard at all once you get into it Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year everybody got a D or below in AS Psychology but it seems that our year are doing well, with most people getting a B or above. Though, we have a new attractive teacher teaching one unit so no wonder we do better in it I guess it is a mixture of class ability, teaching and independent work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GelukkigChloe)
    Last year everybody got a D or below in AS Psychology but it seems that our year are doing well, with most people getting a B or above. Though, we have a new attractive teacher teaching one unit so no wonder we do better in it I guess it is a mixture of class ability, teaching and independent work
    Aahaha i see! xD and yeah it probably is a mix. Plus, we'll probs try to beat last year's results..at least i want to haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with resisting pressures to conform and also resisting pressures to obey?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranimayx)
    Can anyone help me with resisting pressures to conform and also resisting pressures to obey?
    Thank you!
    Resisting pressures to conform are down to things like social support, group size, confidence and expertise, gender and locus of control. You can talk about Asch's variations to help you as well.

The obey one i haven't looked at in a while, but planning to do so tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranimayx)
    Thank you!
    Well, from what i remember about the resisting pressures to obey can depend on buffers, gradual commitment, agentic state..all those sorts of things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccar16)
    have you all finished every single unit? my class our just finishing stress and beginning abnormality on the first week back. I'm worried i'm far behind.
    Don't worry, we've only just started abnormality too. I think year 12 is just a tight year🙈

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmacls12)
    Don't worry, we've only just started abnormality too. I think year 12 is just a tight year
    Don't worry, as being someone who did AS Psychology last year, we did run over a bit. Abnormality is fairly easy unit; you just need to know the definitions, approaches and treatments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabella~)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh okay, so you don't need an intro like 'there are many ways...in this essay... "
    No, we never do intro's in our 12 markers. To gain really high marks you also have to link your criticisms/strengths to validity, e.g. Literally saying this questions the validity and Loftus and Palmer's conclusion😊

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone's revision going??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hereticalpilgrim)
    how is everyone's revision going??
    Good actually, I'm finding the content of PSYA1 a lot easier than paper 2 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same unit 1 is easier

Everyone
    Check loopa psychology by Saj who does the model answers
    He's done ideas of what he thinks is going to come in unit 1 and 2 and it shows what you need to focus most on

ReputationRep:
    Yeah PSYA1 is wayyy easier than PSYA2
    I'm so nervous haha

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any likely 12 markers (and any likely long questions ) for unit 1 and unit 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still have content to finish of whens the best time to do past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilpesh98)
    I still have content to finish of whens the best time to do past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing psychology unit one papers a week before. I'm going to do them in chunks though. Like do all the memory questions (do one, mark it, move on to the next memory section from another paper ), then all the attachment questions etc. This way, i'm reinforcing my application AND doing every past paper (it won't take long).

Remember, whatever works for you might not work for me. I'd finish the content first, then do past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this once you've finished the content?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilpesh98)
    Is this once you've finished the content?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've finished the content. I'm just going over parts of it again. Then a week before i'm going to do unit one papers, whilst going over unit two topics again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    12 marker predictions for both exams?

ReputationRep:
    what is the last 12-Mark question you want in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Has there ever been a question on evaluation of the cognitive interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.