Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i saw a 30 year old on tsr the other day???? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    What department is it? I would love to get a PhD after 3 year undergrad degree, which I'm starting in September, but I doubt I'd be able to cause of funding.
    I am doing climate research, but my friends are meteorologists. Most PhDs in my field are fully funded by NERC (or similar). Other people at my lab are space scientists.

ReputationRep:
    Omg damoni! If anyone needs to go to university it is you ... to open up your mind if nothing else! Seriously if you actually give this some thought there are lots of people who give up successful careers to do another degree in something completely different and many people who have never had the chance to study for a degree. Personally I find it utterly inspirational and incredibly brave :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    No, the music of the 90's was pretty awesome, something for everyone. Proper Dance music, proper guitar bands, hip hop was good, pop music was fun. Then the Verve split up and music went from being utter ****e to utter dross.
    Where in my post did I state that 90s music was crap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Where in my post did I state that 90s music was crap?
    Maybe I misunderstood your point.

Do we agree 90's music was awesome?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)

That was fun.
    MacGyver was epic :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damoni)
    as in, I saw their profile and it said they were born in the eighties. I couldn't believe it , I didn't know people born that long ago were still on here? :eek:
    You do realise that there are some mature students on here. You know people do go to university at 55 and even more hence they wouldn't mind a place like TSR(my thoughts)

ReputationRep:
    Only 30 year old i know is foo.mp3

ReputationRep:
    Oh I completely agree! How ridiculous, I feel very alive right now and after having my little family, I feel now is a perfect time to pick up where I left off! Good luck for September!!
    (Original post by Hexaneandheels)
    30 and doing a biomedicine degree in September! Can't believe someone can think 30 is old that is insane actually !
    They best stop watching Angelina Jolie in movies as she is 40 this year, oooo and stop watching Jennifer Aniston who is turning 46...oooh and Brad Pitt who is over 50....in fact, let's just follow the idiot who believes we are old at 30 and see how they feel in the very fast coming years!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 and born in the eighties. I have to admit this year was the year is started to feel older. I definetly feel old when on here.

ReputationRep:
    90's child, best child. :cool:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.