Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can we learn to stop making everything about race? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You are one racist *******.

Honestly, the other guy 'JohnCrichton' isn't nearly as bad as this..

I'm not even saying anything else, it would be pointless arguing with a fool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No actually I am not. You however are entirely racist. Undeniably so. I believe all races should be treated equally and are equally entitled to the right to have their own country remain homogeneous and retain its cultural identity. People like you however say my country should be changed beyond all recognition but do not say anything about the fact that most non-white countries who choose to retain their racial identity and limit immigration from other races. You are a racist.
    If a particular people are indigenous to a particular piece of land and shape that land over thousands of years then to force them to have their culture to be replaced is racist. Entirely so. You are a racist anti-white hypocrite. Scum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekemini)
    That has got to be one of the most confusing and idiotic things i have ever heard. I never said i was in Britain. I live in Nigeria which is in Africa. And if we keep your mentality of everyone stay in the ethnic towns and countries this world is going to be made redundant.

If we should adopt your mentality then the white people that grew up in Africa, we should start driving them away. Its only a few minority that might have that Africa for africans, asia for asians mentality. And that mentality is a completely hostile mentality
    You say "If we should adopt your mentality then the white people that grew up in Africa, we should start driving them away."??

You do!
    75'000 white South Africans victims of racial genocide while the world doesn't bat an eyelid.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Stephen857)
    No actually I am not. You however are entirely racist. Undeniably so. I believe all races should be treated equally and are equally entitled to the right to have their own country remain homogeneous and retain its cultural identity. People like you however say my country should be changed beyond all recognition but do not say anything about the fact that most non-white countries who choose to retain their racial identity and limit immigration from other races. You are a racist.
    If a particular people are indigenous to a particular piece of land and shape that land over thousands of years then to force them to have their culture to be replaced is racist. Entirely so. You are a racist anti-white hypocrite. Scum.
    Yup, definitely anti-white :rolleyes:

That argument is moot because last time I checked everyone was on the same continent in the beginning, none of this "indigenous" crap happened back then. And, the fact we all originated from the area known as Africa anyway also heavily disputes your point. Homogeneity isn't necessarily good for a population, nor is it sustainable. We are humans, people will migrate and want to discover. By saying "kick out all the non-white people" you're essentially wanting to tame a very natural and inevitable human desire.

I'm not racist. I've lived in many a country, moved around and seen more of the world than you probably have. There is no need to enforce a white country and black country divide - we each have individual qualities that make us who we are, talents that compliment each other. This whole, my ancestors have been here longer spiel won't work anymore. Just look at the native Indians or aboriginals, how did it turn out for those groups? People like you can't accept that society changes and you resent this change. Instead of being open-minded and accepting, you hold on to the 'traditions' of ye old days, sorry buddy but humanity isn't some thing you can sculpt like that.

I apologize for calling you racist, I was just taken a back by your comment.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    What can I say?:dontknow:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    What can I say?:dontknow:
    Hahaha. I like that sense of humor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hahaha. I like that sense of humor
    :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willlondon2000)
    You are deflecting and changing the subject.

It's the old "Yeah sure, black people get screwed, but black people are screwed up anyway"
    When a husband beats his wife. His violence is blamed on her: if dinner was on time, if the house was cleaner, etc, then he would not have to hit her.

Is the woman perfect? No. Does she have faults? Yes. Should she do better. Of course.

But it is also besides the point.

Even if she were perfect, her troubles would not go away. Because he would be unchanged.
    What black people do is not the heart of the matter and, given how things are, it only feeds the racism – both white racism and internalized black racism.

Further, most pathologies are driven by white racism itself. To me, talking about what black people are doing wrong, lets white racism off the hook and is used an excuse for racists to keep on doing what they have been.

The black community is no more perfect than anyone else, but pointing fingers about how messed up we are, while ignoring the own mote in their eye is self-serving and black people need to recognize this.

Your attention appears to be skewed in one direction. In the case of so called Black pathologies its Black people.

Yes… By all means have the discussion about why so many Black people appear to be caught up in perceived negative social and economic disorders.

But if you are also not prepared to focus the same attention discussing the perceived causes, (i.e racism and its effects on both the abuser and the abused) then you are either being disingenuous or not really serious.
    Your Last sentence about discussing perceived causes, is like saying that because someone hates my for a particular part of me that I can't change I should start acting out and being self destructive.
    What black people do may not be the matter but discussing racism and how racists affect blacks and how we should get blacks to change is like discussing how we can get an octopus to change its looks because my dad thinks they are ugly.
    We would be going round in circles and heading nowhere. You can't change the fact that he will never like the look of an octopus same way no matter how much good blacks do a racist is never going to see the point of why we were released from slavery in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    :hat2:
    😚 Good day sir

ReputationRep:
    You say "If we should adopt your mentality then the white people that grew up in Africa, we should start driving them away."??

You do!
    75'000 white South Africans victims of racial genocide while the world doesn't bat an eyelid.
    I don't think so. The white seem to be pretty comfortable there. The more noticeable genocide in South Africa is one against Nigerians. Fellow blacks

ReputationRep:
    Nobody forced whites to enslave blacks and have them live in western countries nor did they force them to beg for immigrants to come over after the war to help build and improve the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your Last sentence about discussing perceived causes, is like saying that because someone hates my for a particular part of me that I can't change I should start acting out and being self destructive.
    What black people do may not be the matter but discussing racism and how racists affect blacks and how we should get blacks to change is like discussing how we can get an octopus to change its looks because my dad thinks they are ugly.
    We would be going round in circles and heading nowhere. You can't change the fact that he will never like the look of an octopus same way no matter how much good blacks do a racist is never going to see the point of why we were released from slavery in the first place.
    Essentially, in these debates about race, I’ve often come across this slight of hand in many a long discussion. There is this tendency to try and avert attention from the racist cause of the current effects of Black social dysfunction with statements that basically boil down to this:

“The cause of your condition is your lack of willingness to implement my solution”

This is, of course, is a logical misrepresentation. A solution and a cause are two separate concepts.

If I could not swim and you and group of friends got in boat with me in it, and then pushed me over where I drowned

Strictly speaking it would be correct for you to say

“He died because he did not to take the time to learn how how to swim.”

Or

“He died because he was afraid of the water”

Or

“He died because he never took any swimming classes.”

But the real answer is that I died because I was pushed.

Any other answer is dealing only with secondary circumstances. YES, knowing how to swim might have been a solution to my dilemma, once I was in the water, but NOT knowing how to swim was not the CAUSE of my dilemma.

Same thing with Black people – yes, becoming doctors, dentists and accountants would help matters. Yes, having intact families would be a huge plus! Yes, avoiding teenage pregnancy would be very good too. BUT those are not the primary CAUSES of our dilemma.

The CAUSE is:

1. Slavery
    2. Forbidding an education
    3. Then under-education
    4. Refusing to hire us
    5. Portraying us as buffoons or criminals in the media

The CAUSE of the present condition of Black people in the U.K and the USA (For that matter) is not that they haven’t availed themselves of any number of possible solutions, the CAUSE (for the most part) is still racism.

Whites are not going to stop all racism, and neither are Blacks for that matter. Of course, we do our best to openly debate it, to pursue policies that minimize it, and most of all, to be examples ourselves of anti-racist conduct.

But causation simply establishes the historical precedent as to how the problem got started. It is not meant to say that Blacks don’t bring their own problems to the table. It also doesn’t mean that we don’t concentrate strongly on promoting education, renovating our communities, giving young people better examples to follow, and speaking out against Black pathology whenever we encounter it.

The problem is that many people want to begin the discussion based on Black pathology with no acknowledgement of White causation. They want to make the CAUSE the fact that Blacks aren’t doing this or that instead of beginning with the White pathology the brought us to this point in the first place.

Once you correctly identify the CAUSE, this gives you a better perspective, and you can then move on to the prescribed SOLUTION.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambrosia_angel)
    I know somalians who are darker than me and I'm black. They in my opinion are black. Their culture just resembles more closely to those of the middle east as opposed to those in africa. But they are african and dark skinned so they are black.
    Yep, we are definitely black lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    BS!!! Excuses, excuses! Plenty of poor British Chinese in the UK but hardly any of them go around committing petty crime, do they! As a matter of fact, they are the victims of these waste of space scums!
    Plenty of Chinese poor Chinese people turning to crime running brothels, growing weed in this country, and plenty of money laundering via gambling by the Chinese. There are also Chinese organised crime gangs too and the lack of human rights in China itself are no example to follow. Don't act so innocent!

ReputationRep:
    Awwman it's so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Yup, definitely anti-white :rolleyes:

That argument is moot because last time I checked everyone was on the same continent in the beginning, none of this "indigenous" crap happened back then. And, the fact we all originated from the area known as Africa anyway also heavily disputes your point. Homogeneity isn't necessarily good for a population, nor is it sustainable. We are humans, people will migrate and want to discover. By saying "kick out all the non-white people" you're essentially wanting to tame a very natural and inevitable human desire.

I'm not racist. I've lived in many a country, moved around and seen more of the world than you probably have. There is no need to enforce a white country and black country divide - we each have individual qualities that make us who we are, talents that compliment each other. This whole, my ancestors have been here longer spiel won't work anymore. Just look at the native Indians or aboriginals, how did it turn out for those groups? People like you can't accept that society changes and you resent this change. Instead of being open-minded and accepting, you hold on to the 'traditions' of ye old days, sorry buddy but humanity isn't some thing you can sculpt like that.

I apologize for calling you racist, I was just taken a back by your comment.
    Actually that "we are all from Africa" has come into disrepute lately among scientists, go figure. How have black talents benefited other communities?

Rap Music
    Basket ball
    erm!? American football?

Things I, and many others, wouldn't lament loosing if it meant ridding ourselves of other aspects of black culture like gangs and crime, the high birth rate and low scientific output etc.

And it's not that our ancestors have been here longer, the native Indians were pushed aside by a race and culture that was more developed in almost every aspect of their culture, science/governing/social infrastructure etc.......... we are being flooded with welfare communities that are crying for free handouts. That come from countries that live off out handouts.

I would happily be flooded with Chinese people, they are lovely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    Plenty of Chinese poor Chinese people turning to crime running brothels, growing weed in this country, and plenty of money laundering via gambling by the Chinese. There are also Chinese organised crime gangs too and the lack of human rights in China itself are no example to follow. Don't act so innocent!
    There is also a much larger proportion of the Chinese community that do exceptionally well in academia, their communities have a low crime rate and high scientific output compared with most demographics. Especially black communities.

ReputationRep:
    No, we can not learn to 'stop making everything about race' whilst systemic racism still exists and so disadvantages black people. It is about race, open your eyes.

Even in this thread, there is so much racism it is unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugar Rell)
    Nobody forced whites to enslave blacks and have them live in western countries nor did they force them to beg for immigrants to come over after the war to help build and improve the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whites didn't enslave blacks. There ere people who held Blacks as slaves and some were white. There were hundreds of millions of whites back then. A few thousand held slaves so it was not whites who held slaves the way you are clearly implying. Also the small number of whites who were involved in the slave trade paled in comparison to the large number of Arabs Jews and Asian Muslims who ran their respective slave trades for 1200 years and 1000 years respectively before whites ever became involved. Yet no one forces multiculturalism on these peoples. Also to say that an entire continent should be punished and held responsible for the crimes of a long dead and comparatively tiny number of people purely because they are the same race as me is racist.
    If one black man rapes a white girl in London you wouldn't blame all black londoners, yet a comparatively tiny number of whites held slaves and you not only blame all white men, but all white men born almost two hundred years later??

There were also a hell of a lot of white slaves too you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazjaz)
    Don't look at us British Born Chinese! Most of us are successful and not petty criminals - unlike certain ethnicities that are British! *cough*
    Lack of human rights in the PRC doesn't affect your lot so why do u pretend to give a crap?! It only concerns my people; NOT your racist, fake lot! Save your pathetic crocodile tears for your lot!
    I think u shud look at all that terrorism, war, poverty, Ebola, genocide etc in Africa!
    So what if UK has a load of human rights?! Doesn't stop innocent British Born Chinese getting violently mugged and murdered by useless, racist, uneducated chavs like you! Prison etc doesn't reform the racist thugs like u but still targetting us hardworking BBCs and our tax money is to pay for good for nothing racist parasites like u!
    It's only u parasitic criminals that benefit most from this so-called 'human rights' blah blah blah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willlondon2000)
    You are deflecting and changing the subject.

It's the old "Yeah sure, black people get screwed, but black people are screwed up anyway"
    When a husband beats his wife. His violence is blamed on her: if dinner was on time, if the house was cleaner, etc, then he would not have to hit her.

Is the woman perfect? No. Does she have faults? Yes. Should she do better. Of course.

But it is also besides the point.

Even if she were perfect, her troubles would not go away. Because he would be unchanged.
    What black people do is not the heart of the matter and, given how things are, it only feeds the racism – both white racism and internalized black racism.

Further, most pathologies are driven by white racism itself. To me, talking about what black people are doing wrong, lets white racism off the hook and is used an excuse for racists to keep on doing what they have been.

The black community is no more perfect than anyone else, but pointing fingers about how messed up we are, while ignoring the own mote in their eye is self-serving and black people need to recognize this.

Your attention appears to be skewed in one direction. In the case of so called Black pathologies its Black people.

Yes… By all means have the discussion about why so many Black people appear to be caught up in perceived negative social and economic disorders.

But if you are also not prepared to focus the same attention discussing the perceived causes, (i.e racism and its effects on both the abuser and the abused) then you are either being disingenuous or not really serious.
    Also the liberal arguments of 'both sides are wrong' and the arguments that 'we are all equally as racist' just makes racism worse. It's also patronising as the White people that use this argument refuse to address their white privilege. It just tries to ignore the inequalities, racism and disadvantage that blacks experience compared to the white community.

I can understand people who say it want to be inclusive and cute, but it isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.