The Student Room Group

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2/5

Scroll to see replies

Just looked at the odds for this fight. The undercards are even more amusing Loma is 1/33 and Santa Cruz is 1/200 :tongue: for a victory.
Original post by al_94
Isn't the fight gonna finish at like 6am? Are you guys watching it live?

Could be over in 30 seconds. But yeah about that, it's usually the case when there's a big fight in the US.
Reply 102
Original post by Wilfred Little
Could be over in 30 seconds. But yeah about that, it's usually the case when there's a big fight in the US.

But Floyd is not gonna go for the early KO that's not his style and I can't see Manny getting a KO victory on Floyd especially in the first round. I think they should put this fight earlier because a 9PM start in Vegas is a 5AM start in the UK so people may not want to stay up for so long.
Original post by al_94
But Floyd is not gonna go for the early KO that's not his style and I can't see Manny getting a KO victory on Floyd especially in the first round. I think they should put this fight earlier because a 9PM start in Vegas is a 5AM start in the UK so people may not want to stay up for so long.

I will email the promoters mate and let them know that al_94 off the internet does not approve as it his past his bedtime.

I'm sure they'll drop everything and reschedule.
Reply 104
Original post by Wilfred Little
I will email the promoters mate and let them know that al_94 off the internet does not approve as it his past his bedtime.

I'm sure they'll drop everything and reschedule.

lol obviously they're not going to but it would be better for me if they did. I watched the Mayweather vs Canelo so I can watch this fight also but it probably won't even be worth it.
Live presser

Floyd Mayweather is going to win in my opinion.
We'll see what happens on May 2.
Looks like we're all gonna have a nice watch on TV.
Let's do this. Bring out the juice, bring out the food, sit on the couch and watch a showdown :smile:
Original post by Naveed-7
I dont have sky TV. I only have Virgin TV :frown:

Guys, how can I watch the fight?

We have Virgin too. You can subscribe to watch the fight, it's around £20.
Reply 108
Didn't know Peter Dinklage boxed.
I'd like Pacquiao to win, but something tells me that Mayweather is going to get the psychological edge because he can 'brush off' punches easily.

Mayweather on decision is what I'm going for.
Original post by TheStudent18
We have Virgin too. You can subscribe to watch the fight, it's around £20.

I've ordered it, thanks. :smile:
Original post by Naveed-7
I've ordered it, thanks. :smile:

No problem :yep: .

So I guess I'm not going to be the only one awake at 5am... :yeah:
Original post by oh-my-diddy
Worth a watch!

Watched most of it a few days ago, but finished it off now. Fantastic. Loved Oscar, Mosely and Foreman.
I know pretty much nothing about either of these guys other than they're rather quite good at the boxing lark. I do know Mayweather tends not to get hit, and apparently the fights are pretty boring and end in a decision win. However I also thought Mayweather retired years ago for some reason.

I would've gone with Mayweather, but all he's talking about is money and how he doesn't like boxing, it's exactly the kind of thing I see people pointing out if he were to get knocked down, and in documentaries people saying "he didn't have the fight in him, and you could tell he was gonna lose".

I'm assuming Mayweather isn't smart enough for everything to be an elaborate mind game to try and get Manny complacent. Pretend you're a prima donna who doesn't want to be there, give a ****ty first round, then BAM surprise mother****er.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Watched most of it a few days ago, but finished it off now. Fantastic. Loved Oscar, Mosely and Foreman.

I watched it last night, good breakdown of each fighter.

I'm buzzing for this fight! :yeah:
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

http://youtu.be/iA24sDTpMuA

"He can't take his kids to school by himself" :rofl:
Ordered the fight last night.

Original post by ozzyoscy
I know pretty much nothing about either of these guys other than they're rather quite good at the boxing lark. I do know Mayweather tends not to get hit, and apparently the fights are pretty boring and end in a decision win.
I don't think many boxing fans, as opposed to fans of boxers would say Mayweather is boring. Most of the time when his fights are boring its because he's delivering a masterclass against a one dimensional opponent. I would recommend having a look at a breakdown video on youtube or something, it will make the fight a lot more interesting. If you don't know what to look for boxing becomes about two men trying to punch each other in the same way football is about 11 men trying to kick a ball in a net.
Original post by ozzyoscy
I know pretty much nothing about either of these guys other than they're rather quite good at the boxing lark. I do know Mayweather tends not to get hit, and apparently the fights are pretty boring and end in a decision win. However I also thought Mayweather retired years ago for some reason.

I would've gone with Mayweather, but all he's talking about is money and how he doesn't like boxing, it's exactly the kind of thing I see people pointing out if he were to get knocked down, and in documentaries people saying "he didn't have the fight in him, and you could tell he was gonna lose".

I'm assuming Mayweather isn't smart enough for everything to be an elaborate mind game to try and get Manny complacent. Pretend you're a prima donna who doesn't want to be there, give a ****ty first round, then BAM surprise mother****er.

Floyd fans would say, 'Floyd too smart fo' that'

...and they'd be right :frown:
Original post by Fizzel
Ordered the fight last night.

I don't think many boxing fans, as opposed to fans of boxers would say Mayweather is boring. Most of the time when his fights are boring its because he's delivering a masterclass against a one dimensional opponent. I would recommend having a look at a breakdown video on youtube or something, it will make the fight a lot more interesting. If you don't know what to look for boxing becomes about two men trying to punch each other in the same way football is about 11 men trying to kick a ball in a net.

Klitschko bores me a lot more than Floyd to be honest. Efficient if not entertaining but technically supreme. Can't claim to be a boxing expert but Floyd is a winner, and he's capable of winning and finding a win by any means. The Chelsea of the boxing world you could say...
Original post by IceyFish
Klitschko bores me a lot more than Floyd to be honest. Efficient if not entertaining but technically supreme. Can't claim to be a boxing expert but Floyd is a winner, and he's capable of winning and finding a win by any means. The Chelsea of the boxing world you could say...

That's cause Wlad be like

Anyway, Floyd does give the perception of being boring cause he fights on the back foot and usually makes the fight very easy for himself. Up to Manny to force him to engage.

Quick Reply

Latest