Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Current Year 9 Thread (2014-2015) Mark I watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been lurking on this thread for a while, but never actually posted lol.
    So, hello I'm Megan, year 9, and finding it alright.
    I've picked PE, Drama, Triple Science and History as my options for GCSE
    I love sports haha and I do athletics, horse riding, judo and dance (ballet and modern )
    Sooo yeah aha
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    This thread has livened up. :mmm:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    You guys. Thank you for welcoming and answering questions. :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show

You're welcome! :woo::jumphug:

(Original post by TIS200)
    x[/SIZE]

(Original post by RXMXXKX)
    x

(Original post by MrMackyTv)
    x
    Hey guys! I'm karmacrunch and welcome to :tsr:! Sorry that I haven't been able say hi earlier!

I'm in Year 10 so you can ask me questions that you might have. :yep:
    Welcome again!
    (Original post by Gribby2)
    Hello Karmacrunch, I am fine. I am excited for GCSE's, however, exams a rather an alarming prospect. Thank you for your support.
    You're very welcome! We're all here to help! :yep:
    (Original post by mxgxn)
    I love sports haha and I do athletics, horse riding, judo and dance (ballet and modern )
    Sooo yeah aha
    Hello Megan! Welcome to :tsr: I'm karmacrunch and in Year 10 so you can ask me any Qs you might have!

You do sound very sporty! :yep:
    Welcome again!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by mxgxn)
    Sooo yeah aha
    Hi Megan! Great that you're posting! I want to do horse riding :daydreaming: Did ballet for my DofE but didn't really like it much

Looking forward to starting GCSE?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Shameless moderator plug- Any of you bored Year 9 students want to join a TSR Clash of Clans Clan?

#8LL9CVGY

Chat thread if anyone wants in: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3235821 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I've chosen French,Sociology and History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Upseedasy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quote me if you need any advice on History or French :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Upseedasy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looking forward to studying them?

(Original post by usycool1)
    x
    Oii, usyboo, I can't edit OP, fix it pls?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Oii, usyboo, I can't edit OP, fix it pls?
    What about a "please"?

What happens when you try?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    What about a "please"?

What happens when you try?

Seriously though, I've tried editing it for the past few days but each time it's just completely blank. Even in "Go Advanced". Can you fix it, please? :puppyeyes:
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper

Seriously though, I've tried editing it for the past few days but each time it's just completely blank. Even in "Go Advanced". Can you fix it, please? :puppyeyes:
    Are you using the mobile site? If so, that could be the reason :holmes: Otherwise, try clearing your cache?

Otherwise, I could edit it What do you want me to do?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Are you using the mobile site? If so, that could be the reason :holmes: Otherwise, try clearing your cache?

Otherwise, I could edit it What do you want me to do?
    Nope I'll try that :yep: Thanks (And sorry to annoy you :teehee: :getmecoat:)

I wanted to add some one to the "Meet the Y9s", update the quote list and add colour :gah: Have you noticed the colour in the OP of the Y11 thread? :love:
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Nope I'll try that :yep: Thanks (And sorry to annoy you :teehee: :getmecoat:)

I wanted to add some one to the "Meet the Y9s", update the quote list and add colour :gah: Have you noticed the colour in the OP of the Y11 thread? :love:
    Did it work? :awesome: Cba to go to the OP and check right now. No need to try to act polite with me, I know your games by now :sly:

I see and I did.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Did it work? :awesome: Cba to go to the OP and check right now. No need to try to act polite with me, I know your games by now :sly:

I see and I did.
    Nope :sad: Oh, you remember :innocent: :angel:

What did you think?
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Nope :sad: Oh, you remember :innocent: :angel:

What did you think?
    Weird Try making a new thread in "Report a problem" and someone there can try to identify the issue.

That is what I thought.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Weird Try making a new thread in "Report a problem" and someone there can try to identify the issue.

That is what I thought.
    I'll do that :yep:

You liked it really

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 9 and we just picked out options. We have to do English literature and language, maths and triple or double science. Along with those you can pick 4 other subjects. I chose Art, textiles, history and Spanish. Has anyone chosen or already doing both art and textiles? Because I don't know if the coursework is going to be too much. We have a week or so to change our options if we want. Any advice? 😬❓

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I've seen that there will be changes to gcses, does anyone know if there will be changes to edexcel IGCSES? Help appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by lale)
    I'm in year 9 and we just picked out options. We have to do English literature and language, maths and triple or double science. Along with those you can pick 4 other subjects. I chose Art, textiles, history and Spanish. Has anyone chosen or already doing both art and textiles? Because I don't know if the coursework is going to be too much. We have a week or so to change our options if we want. Any advice? 😬❓

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! I only do Textiles but I have friends who do both. From what I've heard from them... There is a lot of work when you do both- I'm not going to sugarcoat that. However, it's not impossible and it is manageable as long as you know that you're going to be committed and that you'll keep up with everything. It should be fine!

I hope this helps.

(Original post by Futurechemist)
    Guys, I've seen that there will be changes to gcses, does anyone know if there will be changes to edexcel IGCSES? Help appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure but I can ask and see if anyone knows.

(Original post by Usycool1)
    x
    :hi: ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Hi, I don't do either, nor do I know anyone who does both. But my friends do art and it does seem like a lot of work (I remember when my sister did it too) and I know some doing textiles, that seems like quite a bit of work as well. They all have to put in extra hours (lunchtimes, afterschool) to get it completed. I'm in Year 11, so that's why everything has to be done.

But like Karma said, it isn't impossible and I think if you'd really like to then go for it Just keep on top of your work + try your best because you don't want to be stressing out at the end of year 11 trying to catch up/finish stuff before the deadline. It's horrible

I think it would be best to ask/email a teacher who would know. Perhaps your head of year? They could then consult the appropriate teachers if they don't know.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Hi I've replied to both of you above ^ but can't seem to edit the quote back in :grumble:

(Original post by lale)
    I'm in year 9 and we just picked out options. We have to do English literature and language, maths and triple or double science. Along with those you can pick 4 other subjects. I chose Art, textiles, history and Spanish. Has anyone chosen or already doing both art and textiles? Because I don't know if the coursework is going to be too much. We have a week or so to change our options if we want. Any advice? ❓

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Futurechemist)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.