The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asylumrat
Hi guys... I'm new! Im Shannon! Not entirely sure how this thread works, but I'm always here to support those who are there to support me too (or even if they can't) :P x

Hello Shannon! <3 How are you? :smile:
Wow, guys, what a welcome ^_^ Thankyou! I'm actually beyond amazing at the minute, I feel fantastic, things are going awesome for me IMO...
Despite this, because I suffer with BPAD my CPN, Psych, family, friends and everyone on the planet is telling me that I'm manic. :rolleyes: I don't get it. Haha!

But thank you lovelies for being so welcoming ^_^ x
Original post by furryface12
[

Might do later possibly? :s-smilie: Glad you're good :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
I think I might have found a potential group of friends at roller derby. Sat in the pub with then for three hours chatting and it was good. Decided I'm going to go to a fun session tomorrow evening since I don't have much work this week. Will be good to get into doing some sports again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

Welcome. :smile:
Original post by Odd socks
it's pretty difficult, we study a lot of the same things as medical students, but once you get past all the background science stuff in 1st year, and onto actual patient-focused stuff it's really interesting :yep:

I think the hardest part is the stuff to do with the molecular structure of drugs, remembering which drugs have which forms and rings, and how that affects how they function in the body.

I'm biased cause it's my degree but pharmacy is really good, I considered nursing because I want to help patients, but pharmacy means I get to do that and also use chemistry stuff :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds so interesting. I would love to just read your textbooks. :tongue: I'm such a nerd.
Original post by Pathway
Really struggling. :frown:

:hugs: message me if you wanna rant or anything. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
:hugs: message me if you wanna rant or anything. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. :hugs: I might just do that. :redface:
Original post by Sabertooth
I am in absolute agony. Unbelievably sore throat, got no sleep last night. :frown: Stupid strepsils do **** all. :mad:

:console: Tried eating a spoonful of honey?
Hi guys... I'm new! Im Shannon! Not entirely sure how this thread works, but I'm always here to support those who are there to support me too (or even if they can't) :P x

Welcome :h:

Original post by Valvopus
I think I might have found a potential group of friends at roller derby. Sat in the pub with then for three hours chatting and it was good. Decided I'm going to go to a fun session tomorrow evening since I don't have much work this week. Will be good to get into doing some sports again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to hear :yy:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
[

Might do later possibly? :s-smilie: Glad you're good :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be on and off all night so go for it :smile:
Thought of a perfect way to describe how a panic attack scares you even when you know they aren't dangerous and will pass. If you are scared of wasps (like me :tongue: ) and one crawls up your window while you are in the car and even though the window is shut and there's no way it can get it because the glass is between you, you still get an intense fear that somehow magically it will burst through the window and sting you a million times even though logically, you know that is impossible. Panics are the same. They make you feel like you are going to die or collapse because your heart is beating fast or because you feel dizzy. You can't faint because the panic makes your BP shoot up and fainting is caused by a low BP and your heart can deal with beating even faster during a workout than what it is beating now during a panic so you're fine. So just like the glass stopping the wasp from getting to you, there's ways your body would prevent anything you fear during a panic attack from happening to you. Your body is the glass and your fear is the wasp and just like the wasp, it eventually flies away :smile: Random but wee things like that used to help me when I had panic attacks. Its hard to remember they aren't actually anything to worry about, just a nuisance instead, in the heat of the moment. Hope this made sense! :tongue:
Oh also, whoop new thread! Howdy again folks! :biggrin: :wavey:
anyone else find that mood gym thing seriously boring?

It's supposed to get rid of depression not make it worse.. at least it could be colourful instead of bleak and grey.
Original post by MoonRocket
anyone else find that mood gym thing seriously boring?

It's supposed to get rid of depression not make it worse.. at least it could be colourful instead of bleak and grey.

I dunno, I gave up after about two days. :tongue: I think it *is* helpful in terms of the exercises and making you think about your own thought processes, but I agree it's pretty dull in many respects!
Suddenly getting nervous for my job interview tomorrow :eek3: Really hope I don't mess up like I did in my last one.
in a lot of pain.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Suddenly getting nervous for my job interview tomorrow :eek3: Really hope I don't mess up like I did in my last one.

Good luck. :hugs:

Original post by ScaryScience
in a lot of pain.

:console:

Good luck!

Best of luck! :lovehug:

Latest