Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History. I really want A*s next year because I'm aiming for medicine. I neeeed motivation!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

today I have done some excerises from M1 and S2. I have also done a work and energy booklet for physics.

I'm also doing some M1 with charlie1o5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notyous)
    Hi, I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History. I really want A*s next year because I'm aiming for medicine. I neeeed motivation!
    Hi, sounds like tough grades you need! But you can do it! Prove to yourself that you can get A*s. It will take a lot of dedication but what I think when I need motivation or I'm procrastinating is that someone out there wanting the same thing as you is working when your doing nothing. When your watching the TV, they're revising and making themselves better, pushing themselves, achieving those goals that you aim for. Dont let someone else overtake you and make it before you do. Push yourself. COME ON!!!!! :headbang: :hugs:

how are you doing so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katniss15)
    haha I'm glad you think so! And yeah, I love physics. I find it so fascinating! Dentistry is pretty cool, I think it would be really nice to give people beautiful smiles
    Hmmmm, cool ... yes exactly why I would like to study it but im still considering other courses! How is your revision going?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah our teacher told us the D2 was quite difficult. The algorithm questions can annoy me at times, but when your doing FP1 it makes you feel better. Haha.

thats good , half of our class doesnt do physics so thats why it took us so long. It'll probably be ok for you

this year we do C1, C2, S1, S2, FP1, D1 and M1. You?
    Yeah - D2 really is horrible.
    How are you finding FP1? It's completely different to anything I've ever done before.
    I'm only doing M1 next year so hope I have the same class.
    This year I'm doing C1, C2, S1, FP1, D1 and D2.
    Also, I've heard S2 is much better than S1 - is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sounds like tough grades you need! But you can do it! Prove to yourself that you can get A*s. It will take a lot of dedication but what I think when I need motivation or I'm procrastinating is that someone out there wanting the same thing as you is working when your doing nothing. When your watching the TV, they're revising and making themselves better, pushing themselves, achieving those goals that you aim for. Dont let someone else overtake you and make it before you do. Push yourself. COME ON!!!!! :headbang: :hugs:

how are you doing so far?
    ah I think I need to stick this up on my wall haha

I've typed up all my notes for biology and chemistry, so I think I'm going to start revision cards soon. I've started revision cards for history today but I've literally done nothing for maths :eek:

I had so much motivation this morning but now I've got a really bad cold and my motivation has disappeared :/ How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I find it quite easy to motivate myself for science, mainly because its easier to revise for.
    To be honest I'm terrible for going through phases of just thinking 'I'm going to fail', 'I don't understand anything', ' whats the point of even trying'. I'll snap out of it at some point.

i think it's difficult to motivate yourself when your exhausted, but dont fall into the trap of waiting for easter push yourself this week. Then, at easter you can relax a but more, knowing you put the effort in this week

and I'm glad what I posted helped you. It really does push me to do better and put the long nights in
    (Original post by notyous)
    ah I think I need to stick this up on my wall haha

I've typed up all my notes for biology and chemistry, so I think I'm going to start revision cards soon. I've started revision cards for history today but I've literally done nothing for maths :eek:

I had so much motivation this morning but now I've got a really bad cold and my motivation has disappeared :/ How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clovers)
    Hmmmm, cool ... yes exactly why I would like to study it but im still considering other courses! How is your revision going?
    Thats understandale, its hard to choose just one subject. And my revision is going well thank you, I have loads of notes and I'm working through them. Just need some past papers. I'm still a bit exhausted but I'll get there. You?

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Doing Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths at AS. Maths (C12, M1, S1)are all going okay thankfully. Biology I leatn and then I feel like I'll forget. Chemistry I don't even know. And Physics- everytime I understand a topic I feel like I gorget it again, so I've lost quite a bit of motivation in everything other than maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NT226)
    Yeah - D2 really is horrible.
    How are you finding FP1? It's completely different to anything I've ever done before.
    I'm only doing M1 next year so hope I have the same class.
    This year I'm doing C1, C2, S1, FP1, D1 and D2.
    Also, I've heard S2 is much better than S1 - is this true?
    I have a very strong love-hate relationship with FP1. Sometimes the things are lovely like the induction stuff and drawing the graphs. But then some of it is like another language! Like those algebra identity things. I didn't get them at all.

S2, um.. I dont know. I loved it up until the normal distribution stuff. Then it started to annoy me most of it is distribution and hypothesis testing, so if you liked the binomial stuff and the testing, you will find it alright. It is still statistics though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMadHatteress)
    Hello. Doing Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths at AS. Maths (C12, M1, S1)are all going okay thankfully. Biology I leatn and then I feel like I'll forget. Chemistry I don't even know. And Physics- everytime I understand a topic I feel like I gorget it again, so I've lost quite a bit of motivation in everything other than maths.
    I hate chemistry, I have a mental block with it.. And a lack of confidence! I always feel like science is easier to revise for. You want to make sure you have learnt every definition off by heart, because they are guaranteed marks.. and they might help your application in other questions.

as far as the motivation goes, it sounds like you need some confidence! Your clearly smart otherwise you wouldn't be doing every science. And you say you feel like it, I bet by feeling like your going t forget it. Chances are you probably will. You need to go in to every topic thinking "YES! I CAN DO THIS, I WILL REMEMBER THIS. AND IF I GET SOMETHING WRONG IM GOUNG TO GO BACK TO IT, BECAUSE IT DOESNT MEAN I CANT DO IT" I was like this in chemistry, I was on a U. I didn't understand anything. But i decided that my attitude was preventing my learning, so i went into the alcohol module thinking 'I can do this' and i worked hard. I got my A. And so will you! :headbang:

ReputationRep:
    I hate chemistry, I have a mental block with it.. And a lack of confidence! I always feel like science is easier to revise for. You want to make sure you have learnt every definition off by heart, because they are guaranteed marks.. and they might help your application in other questions.

as far as the motivation goes, it sounds like you need some confidence! Your clearly smart otherwise you wouldn't be doing every science. And you say you feel like it, I bet by feeling like your going t forget it. Chances are you probably will. You need to go in to every topic thinking "YES! I CAN DO THIS, I WILL REMEMBER THIS. AND IF I GET SOMETHING WRONG IM GOUNG TO GO BACK TO IT, BECAUSE IT DOESNT MEAN I CANT DO IT" I was like this in chemistry, I was on a U. I didn't understand anything. But i decided that my attitude was preventing my learning, so i went into the alcohol module thinking 'I can do this' and i worked hard. I got my A. And so will you! :headbang:
    Thanks mate. I really really needed that! I hope you get those grades you're hoping to achieve! <3

ReputationRep:
    No problem!x if you ever need some motivation, or some help with chemistry, maths or physics just inbox me.

And thanks, you too!

(Original post by TheMadHatteress)
    Thanks mate. I really really needed that! I hope you get those grades you're hoping to achieve! <3

ReputationRep:
    I have a very strong love-hate relationship with FP1. Sometimes the things are lovely like the induction stuff and drawing the graphs. But then some of it is like another language! Like those algebra identity things. I didn't get them at all.

S2, um.. I dont know. I loved it up until the normal distribution stuff. Then it started to annoy me most of it is distribution and hypothesis testing, so if you liked the binomial stuff and the testing, you will find it alright. It is still statistics though
    I forgot to mention - I'm with AQA so the syllabus might be different. In FP1, we cover the sum and product of the roots of quadratic equations, series, complex numbers, first principles, improper integrals, graphs of rational functions, graphs of comic sections, general solution to trigonometric equations, numerical methods and matrices.
    Have you done matrices yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NT226)
    I forgot to mention - I'm with AQA so the syllabus might be different. In FP1, we cover the sum and product of the roots of quadratic equations, series, complex numbers, first principles, improper integrals, graphs of rational functions, graphs of comic sections, general solution to trigonometric equations, numerical methods and matrices.
    Have you done matrices yet?
    Yeah, I understand most of it. its mostly the matrix angles stuff. We do complex numbers, matrices, algebra identies, graphs and inequalities, and proof by induction

i really dont like the algebra stuff. Some of it makes sense, but then the rest of it gives me headaches! Haha

how are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    Thats understandale, its hard to choose just one subject. And my revision is going well thank you, I have loads of notes and I'm working through them. Just need some past papers. I'm still a bit exhausted but I'll get there. You?
    Good stuff!, yes I have more or less done the unit 1's for bio and chem so need to start past papers, and am still going through the other units.

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff!, yes I have more or less done the unit 1's for bio and chem so need to start past papers, and am still going through the other units.
    excellent! Keep up the good work loads of people haven't started at my school, what about yours?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

sorry it has been a few days! Been so busy :work: feel exhausted, but hopefully it will be worth it. Have started doing past papers, which have been quite difficult but ill get used to it. Hopefully!

other than past Papers, I have been continuing my flash cards, going on memrise and going over my mind maps. 6 weeks to go!

ReputationRep:
    excellent! Keep up the good work loads of people haven't started at my school, what about yours?
    Yes, but it tends to vary, people doing more arts subjects such as English etc. haven't yet started whereas other doing sciences have which is your first exam?

ReputationRep:
    Core one for maths, which is quite nice to be honest. Easing our way in. You?

Yes, but it tends to vary, people doing more arts subjects such as English etc. haven't yet started whereas other doing sciences have which is your first exam?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.