Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My thinking towards gay people is that there aren't enough of them #lesbianproblems

Here is something I wrote after coming out, which will hopefully clear up some of the frankly stupid misconceptions on this thread:

1) 'How do you know you're a lesbian if you've never slept with a man? Maybe you're bi.'- asked by a male friend.

Excuse me, but how do you know you're straight if you've never sucked a ****? Next question, please.

And for lesbians who have slept with men; no, it doesn't negate our sexuality or somehow make us a 'lesser lesbian'.

2) 'Will you film yourself having sex for me?'- said by the above male friend.

Fully enough, no, I won't. I might be a lesbian, but I'm not here to satisfy your sexual fantasy of a threesome or to provide videos for your **** bank. That's what the internet is for.

3) 'You've never fancied me, have you?'- a female friend.

No. Don't be so self absorbed. I don't fancy every woman I come across, thank you very much. And even if I did think you were hot, I'm more than capable of controlling myself- I'm not suddenly going to jump on you or try and 'turn' you.

4) 'How do you have sex?'- the above female friend.

Ah yes, the enigmatic process of lesbian sex!

There's a whole ritual, which involves dancing bare feet around Stonehenge and offering up a sacrifice to the Gods before your vaginas magically bind together in a colourful light display. Jeesh, I thought everyone knew that!

It concerns me that people ask this. If you can't understand how two women can give each other sexual pleasure, then I feel hella sorry for whatever is going on in your sex life. We have hands, mouths and our lady parts, do the math. And no, we don't all scissor.

5) 'So, you're still a lesbian then?'- the above female friend, again (has she never met a lesbian before or what?)

Implying that I sprang out of bed one day and yelled 'Today is a lesbian day!' and that I might suddenly change my mind again tomorrow. Yes, sexuality is fluid, but really, what a stupid comment. I didn't choose my sexuality. And it's not a disease, dammit.

And in regards to the whole being born gay vs choosing it thing; I personally believe you are born the way you are, but at the end of the day, even if sexuality was a choice, it's still none of your business what someone does in their private life!

6) 'You don't look gay, though'- a male friend.

O really? I'm sorry, did you want me to ride in on a pink glittery unicorn wearing a rainbow flag to the song 'I Am What I Am'? Not every lesbian has short hair, you know. It's as annoying as the famed 'you're too pretty to be a lesbian' implying that we're all hideous gargoyles who should live underground. Lesbians can feminine (what a shock, I know), butch or anything in between. What's difficult to understand about this is a mystery to me.

7) 'I wish I was bi; I'd have more people to choose from'- my best friend.

Yes, this much is true, but do you, do you really wish you were bi? I'm lucky and most people have been accepting, but look what's happening to LGBTQ+ people in Russian at the moment, let alone their treatment in the middle east. Do you really want to deal with workplace discrimination, bullying, hate crimes, persecution from your own family and all the other homophobic bull**** that comes with being LGBTQ+ ? I don't think so.

8) 'Do you have it in for men?'- a male friend

Yes, I hate all men and we're trying to get you all shipped to the moon as part of our top secret lesbian agenda that's aiming to take over the world.

-Eye roll- No, of course I don't have it in for men. Do you have it in for men? After all, you don't sleep with men either, so that must mean you hate them too, right? Just because I'm not sexually attracted to you, it doesn't mean I can't like you as a person.

9) 'How would you know, you're gay?'- a female friend.

This was in regards to pointing out a good looking guy. I'm a lesbian, not blind. I can still appreciate male beauty. I think most of us ladies, regardless of sexuality, are in agreement that Beyoncé is mighty fine. The amount of times I've heard my female friends discuss their girl crushes is too many too count, but as soon as I say 'Yeah, Jamie Dornan is cute', there's an uproar because I'm obviously incapable of finding any man good looking or I must not be a real lesbian. Saying someone is good looking doesn't mean I want to sleep with them.

10) 'Why do lesbians use strap-ons, they shouldn't want the D, it's cheating?' and 'Isn't it just trying to copy straight sex?'- several of my female friends.

Forgive me, I wasn't aware your sexuality was some sort of test you can 'cheat' on. Thank you for enlightening me.

Firstly, not all lesbians use strap-ons. There are a whole host of ways to have sex. Google it.

Secondly, it's not about 'wanting the D'. If you hadn't noticed, strap-ons, dildos and other phallic shaped things just happen to work because of the way our vaginas are naturally shaped; it's not about wanting a penis. It's simply the best shape to give pleasure with.

Thirdly, no, it isn't trying to imitate straight sex. Women who wear strap-ons don't want to be men. And women who like to be ****ed by strap-ons don't want sex with a man. Fully enough, sex is about more than the act itself, it's about the person you're doing it with.

Fourthly, how on earth can you cheat at being a lesbian? If your boyfriend fingers you does that mean you'd be ok with a woman doing that to you know as well, because lesbians can finger each other? Or men, if you like anal with your girlfriend, do you want to go and do it with a guy, as it's stereotypically dubbed a homosexual activity. If your answer is no then you're clearly cheating at being straight, oops.

Ultimately, it's none of your business if I've slept with a man, how I dress, if I like strap-ons or if I really do like to have sex at Stonehenge. Kindly watch what you're saying, please.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think bullying is acceptable under any circumstance - whether the person on the other end of it is gay, straight or whatever.

Also, I don't have a set opinion about "gay people". I know some who are very close friends to me, but equally I know some that are complete ****s. But it is not their sexuality that makes them one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    I am thankful I live in times where it has become unacceptable to bully and discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation. The Tory party introducing gay marriage is a milestone despite the fact that many in that party are homophobic hypocrites. The religious leaders, for what they are worth, just need to wake up now too.

Its a pretty recent thing mind and of course there is still some ignorant views and hateful things - just browse a few of the posts here. I used to be pretty ignorant myself before I came to the realisation that someones sexuality, who they love, how they behave is no matter for anyone to get het up about or criticise, to try to impose their own norms over or to cause someone harm about. We must celebrate and support the rolling back of centuries of discrimination however we can.

ReputationRep:
    I love Gay people (As a gay guy myself) You'll be hard pushed to find more friendly people and contrary to popular belief we all aren't after guys buts and not all camp.

ReputationRep:
    I think "there's a person getting bullied" and, depending on how it's playing out, I might involve myself in some way.

Keyword: person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    What about a small group?
    the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    Fully enough
    Sorry but this really annoyed me, you mean funnily enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahellens)
    If the thought of actaully killing a human crosses your mind then you are far worse than the bully themselves Becuase u think u have some divine right to 'consider killing them' . tbh i am sure there was a period of time when the germans or whites or the rwanda's also 'considered' to kill someone they didnt like before deciding that yes it was worth just killing them all.
    Your thinking doesn't make you worse than the bully; thoughts cannot be suppressed, they come into your mind whether or not you want them to. However, it is the action that matters, and if he doesn't kill someone in the end, then where is the harm in that? Everyone thinks of things that they may consider 'bad', but it has no impact unless your convey those thoughts via your actions or another medium.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's totally wrong to dislike a man for being gay. That's unfair, it's like disliking someone for having down syndrome.
    But one thing I am getting a little sick of are the ones who are constantly in your face about it. Like yeah dude, your gay. I get the damn point. Now stop going on about it.
    It's obnoxious and very unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugar Rell)
    Not bothered I dont support homosexuality alot of gays deliberatley draw attention to themselves by wearing female shoes etc and try acting like straight men want them.. alot of them feel superior to women, these are the type I would watch get bullied. The normal gays stand a chance of me stepping in and rescuing them from torment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "female shoes"

I am going to take you seriously because shoes definitely have genders. Yes. Female shoes.

ReputationRep:
    i dont agree with bullying or being nasty to people for no reason. i agree with live and let-live theory.
    in the case of gay people its not an activity that i can understand , but i dont really need to , as long as they dont affect my life, why should they be bullied. It should be said also though that i dont see wha some need to publically promote themselves so much - its no great acheivement in life to make your sexuality an icon, jsut keep it to yourself. overly camp people can be highly annoying, it seems they thrive on being annoying- as if its some civil rights cause

i also wonder why females here seem to care much more about promotion of gays more than lots of other subjects- world hunger, religious extremeism & oppression, facism, racism etc.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Burridge)
    My 'thinking' is that they're just people - simple as that!
    You're right - that's quite simply all there is to it and it's about time the anti-gay minority woke up and realised this.

I do find some of the posts amusing where people say 'I don't support/agree with their lifestyle.' I mean come on, why should I care if you support or agree with my lifestyle? If you don't approve of mine, I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance I don't support yours.

ReputationRep:
    From my research I have concluded that homosexuality is wrong but I don't have anything against homosexuals I can't really blame them as they are being told that it is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reluire)
    You're right - that's quite simply all there is to it and it's about time the anti-gay minority woke up and realised this.

I do find some of the posts amusing where people say 'I don't support/agree with their lifestyle.' I mean come on, why should I care if you support or agree with my lifestyle? If you don't approve of mine, I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance I don't support yours.
    if they 'dont care if anyone cares' why so much song and dance about it. Is there a gay pride parades to show how little they care?

i think if they genuinely didnt care, there would be so much fuss , and everyone could get on with their lives. i find the idea of a parade to highlight your sexuality is ridiculous. campaign for rights - yes. make a fuss for no particular reason so everyone knows your sexuality - why?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by al_94)
    From my research I have concluded that homosexuality is wrong but I don't have anything against homosexuals I can't really blame them as they are being told that it is right.
    I don't think people are being told it's right, they're just being told it's not wrong. And that's a good thing.

(Original post by Bombay-Tough-Guy)
    if they 'dont care if anyone cares' why so much song and dance about it. Is there a gay pride parades to show how little they care?

i think if they genuinely didnt care, there would be so much fuss , and everyone could get on with their lives. i find the idea of a parade to highlight your sexuality is ridiculous. campaign for rights - yes. make a fuss for no particular reason so everyone knows your sexuality - why?
    I don't like gay pride parades, personally. I agree that they are unnecessary fuss that serve only to draw attention to one's sexuality. So I agree with you on this point.

ReputationRep:
    I am a guy and I really really reaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy want a gay guy friend.
    ^_^
    not because I am gay
    gay guys are cooooooool

ReputationRep:
    I don't think people are being told it's right, they're just being told it's not wrong. And that's a good thing.
    Yes they are even celebrating people who come out as gay as if it is some kind of achievement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlem)
    I am a guy and I really really reaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy want a gay guy friend.
    ^_^
    not because I am gay
    gay guys are cooooooool
    Yes very true but I have meet some that or just total jerks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Yes they are even celebrating people who come out as gay as if it is some kind of achievement.
    I don't like people celebrating about sexuality it's dumb and worthless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I don't like gay pride parades, personally. I agree that they are unnecessary fuss that serve only to draw attention to one's sexuality. So I agree with you on this point.
    i think to base your identity purely around how you have sexual intercourse is a bit basic, and promoting it publically is silly

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.