The Student Room Group

I'm a British Pakistani, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cake_lover
I reckon if they get some good exprience such as in the IPL is would do wonders!

Mohammed Hafeez is a cool guy, met him a couple years ago with he Pakistan team in Multan, he was on my flight :tongue:

I agree but I think India has banned Pakistan for IPL :|

OMG!! You lucky person! I'm so jealous ! I've always been a crazy fan of Mohammed Hafeez. I love the way he bats! Just so jealous! Are you from Multan btw?
Original post by Incubator
I honestly haven't. Every single one I meet aspires to be a drug dealer or some sort of 'road man'. Most of them are backward, and usually don't live in reality.

Oh my! I've never heard that lol. They have totally different sort of Punjabi tho :/
Original post by PapiLanez
Inzi shoulve come out of retirement :/

I still don't think it would've helped, we need to nurture our new talent.
Original post by Graceful_Lawyer

OMG!! You lucky person! I'm so jealous ! I've always been a crazy fan of Mohammed Hafeez. I love the way he bats! Just so jealous! Are you from Multan btw?

Wtf hafeez sucks
I barely post here, is there a Pakistani section or thread?
I barely post here, is there a Pakistani section or thread?

PakSoc :smile:
that's awesome, I wish my siblings switched languages more often too!

You should check out "Jatt and Juliet 2" and "Mr Mrs 420" they're pretty good movies haha.

Haha you can start talking to them in Urdu always.

Lol I've watched Jatt and Juliet 2. It was pretty good. But the story line was such a typical desi one! Haven't seen the other one but will check it out after exams.

yeah since the 2008 Mumbai attacks I think, so annoying :/

Haha I wasn't into cricket that much so I was like "oh a cricketer" and that's it really, got an autograph though :cool:

No, Lahore but I had some family that lived in Multan for a few years.
Wtf hafeez sucks

Please app rehne de! :|

I remember watching him during the last world cup, he did pretty good batting.
Reply 109
Glad to hear that you are happy being a Pakistani. Omg lol. Do Mirpuris live in Bradford? You know what? We as Pakistanis do have a bad reputation. But seriously I couldn't care less no more. People who really get to know us do find out that we are one of the most generous, welcoming and funny people!

Bradford isn't that bad actually. There are worse places in UK than Bradford.
My mother is forcing me to marry my cousin from back home lol
yeah since the 2008 Mumbai attacks I think, so annoying :/

Haha I wasn't into cricket that much so I was like "oh a cricketer" and that's it really, got an autograph though :cool:

No, Lahore but I had some family that lived in Multan for a few years.

That's so discriminative! Hate it!

Lol I get it. Its also cos of them being famous. Oh okay, I've been to Multan too. just once tho. Absolutely loved their soon halwa.
Haha you can start talking to them in Urdu always.

Lol I've watched Jatt and Juliet 2. It was pretty good. But the story line was such a typical desi one! Haven't seen the other one but will check it out after exams.

I may try, would be hard though, my brother would just laugh at me for being a "Freshie" and then stuff his face in paratha and jalebi, the irony lol

I just loved the white guy trying to be "Pooonjabi" lol. The other has a typical storyline too, but still got funny parts
Please app rehne de! :|

I remember watching him during the last world cup, he did pretty good batting.

Kyun rehne due?

Sab ke Sab bakwas hain. Except ajmal
Original post by h4mza

I don't know actually. I've never been to Bradford before. But I hated Birmingham! :/
My mother is forcing me to marry my cousin from back home lol

oh dear lol, this video may help :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qP0hqM86k
That's so discriminative! Hate it!

Lol I get it. Its also cos of them being famous. Oh okay, I've been to Multan too. just once tho. Absolutely loved their soon halwa.

It's silly, I'm sure most Indians would love to see guys like Wahab Riaz in the IPL :/

Never tried it there. It was a nice city though, man I'm missing Pakistan now :biggrin:
Original post by h4mza

Bradford is pretty darn bad...
I may try, would be hard though, my brother would just laugh at me for being a "Freshie" and then stuff his face in paratha and jalebi, the irony lol

I just loved the white guy trying to be "Pooonjabi" lol. The other has a typical storyline too, but still got funny parts

Lol haha. I get tbh, it can be awkward sometimes. Its not for me cos me and my siblings always somehow in between convo end up talking in Urdu. Its like if we don't mix up the 3 languages,our convo remains empty lol.

And haha lol that was so funny. The Punjabi actor looked perfect Punjabi lol. He didn't had to fake it up.
Kyun rehne due?

Sab ke Sab bakwas hain. Except ajmal

Kyunke app mere fav cricketer ko fazool keh rahi/rahay hain! :|

And Ajmal is obviously the best! But Wahab Riaz isn't bad either.

Quick Reply

Latest