what's the worst thing your parents have said to you? Watch

Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"You don't do any work." I started war after my mum said this to me last week. It's probably nothing, but to me that is the most hurtful thing she of all people could say because I pick up after her all the time. I think she immediately regretted saying it because she does acknowledge how much I do at home. As if uni isn't stressful enough, I take care of my nephew when I'm not there and I do the general cleaning in the house. She's been staying at home after she became too ill to work a few years ago, and when she could be spending her energy on caring for my nephew and dealing with housework, she spends ALL her time gardening (not the relaxing kind - she suffers every evening from DOMS-like pain!), leaving me to pick up after her. :facepalm: I don't mind cleaning and caring for my nephew because I genuinely enjoy those. I just wish I wasn't the only one doing it. I get no time to myself because I'm doing the work of 3 people (excluding myself) when I can't even handle doing my own work. :zomg:
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My dad has told me to kill myself and that he wished I was never born/the story of him he trying to get my mum to abort me (and a multitude of other things). Used to remind me periodically when I was a child that he could kill me if he wanted to (tried to run me over with the car, etc.). :dontknow: He's not my favourite person in the world to say the least. Not entirely sure which has hurt me the most tbh.

...My mum's also told me that she hated me too, lol.

Seriously though, some of the replies here are so, so sad. Hope everyone is ok.
ZolaCFC25
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow. My parents must be angels. Dad can be a bit patronising sometimes and try to dictate my life. Mum can annoy me a little bit but she cares more than any mother can... just a bit OTT sometimes.

(Original post by Anonymous)
When I was 5 or 6, my mum told me that I was worse than being raped. Although when I was older she would sometimes throw knives and plates at me and stuff. Although in her defense, i think she was probably just a bit stressed out at those times. Even now at 20 she still gets mad and hides my shoes and keys and stuff to stop me getting out the house. But still, everyone has some odd parent habit I suppose.

What are the worst things your parents have said/done to you?
Too far. Knives at her kid? Wtf. If I treat my kids anything like my dog, they're going to get serious protection.

(Original post by ngb9320)
That I am a loser and they wished they never had me lol
That's deep. Are you going to give a **** about them when they're reliant?

(Original post by Anonymous)
My elder sister was extremely ill with cancer and at one point we didn't think she'd make it through the night, outside the room my mum gave me a hug and whispered 'I'm glad it's not you' in my ear.

That cut me so deep, I wish she would have said 'I wish it was you' rather than what she actually said. It absolutely destroyed me.

(The happy ending is my sister got through the night, went into remission and is now cancer free, heyooo)

Wow, that's actually disgusting. You should mention it to her one day! (Not your sister obviously, but your mum... if she ever suggests you are a bad person or does something silly to you).
ZolaCFC25
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This thread is like Broken Britain!
Anonymous #15
Report 4 years ago
When I was about 7-8, my parents were arguing and I went to confront my mom in her bed, and my dad told me she wished she never had my sister and I and wanted to leave. I don't remember the exact words but it as along those lines. I'm now 19 and that has stuck with me ever since. When my moms depressed or when we get into bad arguments, she tells me she wants to leave us all behind. That always hurts me. But, it's after I say some terrible things. When I was about 15, I was seeing this boy I met online (we're still together now), and she told me that I'm pathetic and can't even find a proper man in real life.My mom is really one of the nicest women though. I couldn't ask for a better mom as I have said some terrible things as well. We don't argue anymore. I'm grateful for her, and love her and my dad more than anything. These things just stick with you, sadly.
Schrödingers Cat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by donutaud15)
In my case, I was an accident and mum was scared of family and was religious so abortion was no go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's no such thing as an accident, you're not an accident.

Punishing you due to family belief is also ridiculous, a fate I'm all too familiar with right now...

I'm sorry you had a bad upbringing, but at least you made it out
username927016
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want to kill you/you're going to hell.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How Can parents be so mean!
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"you look like your aunty"

She looks like a dog. :mad:
samerf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my mum would say in Somali Abahawas ( suck your dad) when she gets hella angry.
xbiostudentx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samerf)
my mum would say in Somali Abahawas ( suck your dad) when she gets hella angry.
your mum encourages incest

nice family relations
samerf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xbiostudentx)
your mum encourages incest

nice family relations
Not really 😂😂😂. I don't know how to explain it it's kind of confusing.
Second_Beauty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My dad said I was fat and that no man would ever want me. He told me this when I was trying to sneak-cook something in the kitchen Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dhanny
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Second_Beauty)
My dad said I was fat and that no man would ever want me. He told me this when I was trying to sneak-cook something in the kitchen Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Peak

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It wasn't said directly to me but said in front of me lots of times. My mum told all her boyfriends that I was her little sister and not her kid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TeenRose29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My mum has said lots like 'I wish I never got pregnant with you, it was a mistake' etc. I know it was, no need to rub it in.
Lolly75
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I pulled a knife on my stepdad when I was about 17. He pull me off a kitchen chair in a fit of temper and I grabbed the nearest implement. My mum was screaming at me to put it down which I did. Mum and I moved out soon after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #16
Report 2 years ago
I have Asian parents so they've called me pretty much every animal. My mum tells me to drink poison and that she wishes I'd die...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads