What's your team of the season for 2014-15? Watch

am_blue
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Shed End)
Love how pretty much much every non-Chelsea fan puts Ivanovic in their team though, yet no Chelsea fans do...
Exactly, all of us Chelsea fans know his weaknesses.
am_blue
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone putting Giroud over Costa is having a laugh.

Sanchez/Hazard debate, Hazard is clearly more consistent. Even when he's not scoring, he's creating good chances for the team. I don't think you can say the same thing about Sanchez
JD8897
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Courtouis
Clyne terry (difficult to decide, fonte not as outstanding to me as he is to others) Cresswell
Coquelin Matic Eriksen Hazard(easily the best player in the league by a huge distance, when people watch hazard they dont appreciate how everything he does is just so much better than any other player in his role.
Kane Costa

Other mentions... Kouyate Sanchez De Gea Giroud Fabregas David silva Aguero Henderson Coutinho CAZORLA NOT CARZOLA
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
Yes, I personally believe Coquelin has saved Arsenal's CL ambitions, and has been our stand-out player since he returned from his loan. It appears to be your bias that means you view him as an awful 'Charlton' player, even though most people agree he has been phenomenal. I wouldn't have Matic in my team of the season because he has been uncharacteristically average in the past few games, and he is an aggressive (dare I say dirty) player, part of the reason I selected Aguero ahead of Costa.
yeah that's nonsense Coquelin is your typical limited DM that only looks good because of the worth of his position to the team, not the worth of the player to the team.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
yeah that's nonsense Coquelin is your typical limited DM that only looks good because of the worth of his position to the team, not the worth of the player to the team.
In his case, would that not be the same thing? Otherwise Flamini in that role would be just as assured.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In his case, would that not be the same thing? Otherwise Flamini in that role would be just as assured.
He was looking assured when you had him last season and the wheels fell off.

Take it this way why would Coquelin be on loan to a team like Charlton in the first place when he has little competition to contend with?
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
He was looking assured when you had him last season and the wheels fell off.

Take it this way why would Coquelin be on loan to a team like Charlton in the first place when he has little competition to contend with?
Wenger sent him on loan to get him match experience at a time where he would be competing against Ramsey, Wilshere, Flamini and Arteta for 1 or 2 spots, fully expecting to recall him (just not so soon).
Depleted
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wenger sent him on loan to get him match experience at a time where he would be competing against Ramsey, Wilshere, Flamini and Arteta for 1 or 2 spots, fully expecting to recall him (just not so soon).
He said to a team like Charlton. If he was any good why wouldn't someone like Burnley or QPR have taken him then. He's a player playing out of skin and way above his ability level (and even then it's skewed because he's literally the only DM you have that is somewhat competent).
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Depleted)
He said to a team like Charlton. If he was any good why wouldn't someone like Burnley or QPR have taken him then. He's a player playing out of skin and way above his ability level (and even then it's skewed because he's literally the only DM you have that is somewhat competent).
Don't go down that route considering Kane's situation this season. Players from top teams go on loan a lot, it's basically the new way for teams to develop players without leaving them to rot in reserves.

Also, do you really not rate Coquelin that highly? You seem to refuse to admit he's good.
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't go down that route considering Kane's situation this season. Players from top teams go on loan a lot, it's basically the new way for teams to develop players without leaving them to rot in reserves.

Also, do you really not rate Coquelin that highly? You seem to refuse to admit he's good.
He's nothing more than a squad player. Would say he's a first teamer at a mid-table side though. Just lolworthy for him to be put in a TOTS.
barnesy00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Forster;
Clyne, Terry, Cresswell;
Henderson, Matic;
Hazard, Sterling, Eriksen;
Kane, Costa
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are people seriously comparing Coq and Matic? Facepalm. Arsenal fans just think he's world class because its been years since they saw a competent player in that position. He wouldn't even make the bench at United, Chelsea or Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dexa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
................De Gea..............
Clyne Terry Fonte Azpilicueta
...........Matic Eriksen..........
Silva........................Haz ard
..........Kane...Aguero.........
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by barnesy00)
Cresswell;
A really good shout. Good to see him being highlighted. Quite a left-field choice, but he very nearly made my subs bench. I've also been impressed with Robertson this year (more so for Scotland than Hull, though, weirdly) and Cresswell's done really well making that step up from the second tier.
Seabear11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
De Gea
Clyne Terry Koscienly azplicueta
Matic Fabregas
Eriksen...............Hazard
Kane Aguero
Gob Bluth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
De Gea
Clyne - Alderweireld - Koscielny - Azpilicueta
Matic
Sanchez - Hazard - Silva
Kane - Costa

Ridiculously attacking, but I wanted all those players to fit in. As much as I like Erikson, there is no chance he has had a better season than Sanchez, Hazard or Silva who have all been unplayable at times. While a number of Erikson's contributions are from the dead ball situation, where he is the best in the league for it. I would rate him alongside a player like Coutinho, except a step above aside from the free kicks.

Am I the only person who prefers Alderweireld to Fonte on here? Surprised at Fonte's popularity. Having a great season albeit, but from what I have heard with Southampton fans, they echo my thoughts that he is a class above.
chazwomaq
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here is the WhoScored team of the season (so far), based on statistical analysis of player's contributions to outcomes: http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...Premier-League

Pantillimon
Ivanovic - Tomkins - P Jones - Clichy
Sanchez - Fabregas - Cazorla - Hazard
Costa - Aguero

Interesting that midfield and attack are similar to what people are posting here, but defence is pretty different. I do wonder whether you can statistically account for things that players don't do, especially defenders. For example, a full back who holds the line and catches a player offside = good, but won't show up as a stat. But if he plays someone on leading to a chance, but then he makes a recovering tackle and passes the ball out he gets points even though he made a mistake.
Wade-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chazwomaq)
Here is the WhoScored team of the season (so far), based on statistical analysis of player's contributions to outcomes: http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252...Premier-League

Pantillimon
Costa - Aguero

Interesting that midfield and attack are similar to what people are posting here, but defence is pretty different. I do wonder whether you can statistically account for things that players don't do, especially defenders. For example, a full back who holds the line and catches a player offside = good, but won't show up as a stat. But if he plays someone on leading to a chance, but then he makes a recovering tackle and passes the ball out he gets points even though he made a mistake.
Strange that Kane isn't in the team even though he's leading the league in goals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gob Bluth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Pantillimon
Costa - Aguero

Tomkins and Jones aside (and no Kane) it's not particularly surprising to me.

Attacking full backs who have made attacking contributions in a top side. Ivanovic has been Chelsea's worst defender arguably, though makes a lot of attacking contributions.

Cazorla, loads of penalties, and a lot of assists and goals. Same with Fabregas with assists. Pantilimon has loads of saves. Very statistical which touches the surface.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Pantillimon
Costa - Aguero

What even?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.85%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.62%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.31%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
36.54%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.69%

Watched Threads

Latest