David Cameron and Ed Miliband Live Q&A Watch

young_guns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Emily.97)
Oh no.. I didn't realise this would be on today.

I hope it will be on demand.
It's on YouTube now. Search "Cameron Miliband" and set the search filter to "Last Hour"
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
Guardian/ICM poll on performances:

Cameron 54%
Miliband 46%

I always think these things influence people in the wrong way. They base their views on style over substance, eg who seemed more confident etc.

Personally, I thought miliband did better, but these things are always easier for the "challenger".
But not the questions nor the audience in this case.
Lauren-x-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I don't think Paxman was particularly out of character. He grills everyone, no holds barred. I agree getting so personal is in poor taste, but that is what you sign up for when you agree to be interviewed by Paxman.
Very true. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by young_guns)
It's on YouTube now. Search "Cameron Miliband" and set the search filter to "Last Hour"
I know, but I don't wanna watch it half way through.
If its on channel 4 then it should hopefully be on catch up at some stage.
billyfisher100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
David Cameron and Ed Miliband are about to go live on Sky and Channel 4 in a Q&A hosted by Jeremy Paxman and Kay Burley.

I thought it would be good to have a commentary thread running in case people are watching!

It can also be watched live on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAoM...ure=inp-lt-uke
Paxman: "Did you borrow too much"
Miliband: "No"

Paxman: "Did you spend too much"
Miliband: "Some inefficiencies" - short answer "no"

I'm not quite sure how anyone can trust this man or recognise any credibility within him.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cole-slaw)
There is a theory that the mic was "accidentally" left on by the tory party news with the intention of embarrassing or somehow catching out Mr Milliband.
You know conspiracy theories only damage your credibility (and i don't see why they need to make them since Miliband did well).

I shall apologise if it's ever proven.
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
But not the questions nor the audience in this case.
I don't mean the questions or audience. I just mean it's easier for a challenger to look good, since they don't have as much to defend.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Jeremy is a tory, he's biased and shouldn't had given the interview. It was made much more harder for Ed, who being on top form was given a grilling about being perceived as a 'geek' - irrelevant and desperate.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know, but I don't wanna watch it half way through.
If its on channel 4 then it should hopefully be on catch up at some stage.
What on earth are you talking about? The full version has been uploaded to YouTube, both interviews. I'm watching it from the start on YouTube.

You can find that video in the way I specified. Sheesh
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The ICM poll also asked about character.

Ed Miliband did better than David Cameron on four counts: governing in the interests of the many not the few (55% v 27%); having the courage to say what’s right rather than what’s popular (51% v 35%); and understanding “people like me” (48% v 25%). And, when asked which leader was more spin than substance, Miliband also did better. Some 49% said Cameron was more spin than substance, but only 35% for Miliband.

Cameron also won on four counts: being respected around the word (58% to 19%): being decisive (54% to 29%); being good in a crisis (46% to 21%); and being backed by his party (58% to 21%).

The two men are almost equally matched on having “changed his party for the better”. Some 36% say that of Cameron, and 35% of Miliband.
Emily.97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by young_guns)
What on earth are you talking about? The full version has been uploaded to YouTube, both interviews. I'm watching it from the start on YouTube.

You can find that video in the way I specified. Sheesh
I misinterpreted- I thought you meant that it was currently live on YouTube, and I wouldn't be able to watch it from the start yet.
'Sheesh', relax.
young_guns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Farage has made a statement that he believes Ed Miliband did better;

"It was not what I was expecting at all. In terms of personality, he fought back more, was more human and got the audience clapping. Cameron was nowhere near that, he looked discomfited"
I think tonight has put to bed the relentless months long campaign against Ed in the right-wing papers, about him being "weird" and "weak" and lacking in any sort of charm or charisma. This is what you get when the format (television, as opposed to the press) is definitionally impartial.

As a Labour supporter, I have to say that I've always had faith that Ed would come good on television because I've seen him before in person, unmediated by newspaper editors telling me what to think.

And I'm pleased that even hardened right-wing TSRians seem to be being quite impartial in their judgment of tonight's outcome. Perhaps now we can proceed onto a serious election campaign on matters of substance?
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by billyfisher100)
Paxman: "Did you borrow too much"
Miliband: "No"

Paxman: "Did you spend too much"
Miliband: "Some inefficiencies" - short answer "no"

I'm not quite sure how anyone can trust this man or recognise any credibility within him.

Why don't you read this analysis from professor of economics at the university of oxford and change your ill-informed opinions?

http://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/20...economics.html
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I misinterpreted- I thought you meant that it was currently live on YouTube, and I wouldn't be able to watch it from the start yet.
'Sheesh', relax.
Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ythLWP54c

:yy:
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

what is the meaning of life, mr milliband, yes or no? YES OR NO. YES OR NO MR MILLIBAND.
:rofl:

Go Ed. He fought back against Paxman very well. The Syria thing was a good response I think. Plus it very nearly seemed like Ed believed in something. Which is unusual for most politicians :indiff:
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
More from the ICM poll.

Only 8% of those polled overall indicated that they were likely to have changed their mind about how they would vote at the election on the basis of what they saw tonight.

Amongst those, 56% said they would now vote Labour. And just 30% said they were now backing the Conservatives.
That's bad for the Tories and good for Labour.

Labour gain 4-5% in the polls potentially. Tories gain 2-3%.

Would need to see what the initial voting intention was.
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It just goes to show how saddening politics can in actual fact be sometimes. Jeremy Paxman, a person who I don't usually mind, was clearly biased in his interview toward Miliband tonight. A lot of personal attacks were going on as well. Paxman should not have been the one to interview at all, especially with him being so right wing, it's clearly going to be more difficult as opposed to Cameron.

Miliband didn't blow me away tonight but he's sure earned a higher level of respect from me.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
I don't mean the questions or audience. I just mean it's easier for a challenger to look good, since they don't have as much to defend.
Paxman solved that my making him defend Blair's government.
billyfisher100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why don't you read this analysis from professor of economics at the university of oxford and change your ill-informed opinions?

http://mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/20...economics.html
I wasn't referring to the current Chancellor's economic policy. I was referring to the previous Government's economic policy and you quote a completely irrelevant source.

Learn to read!
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
It just goes to show how saddening politics can in actual fact be sometimes. Jeremy Paxman, a person who I don't usually mind, was clearly biased in his interview toward Miliband tonight. A lot of personal attacks were going on as well. Paxman should not have been the one to interview at all, especially with him being so right wing, it's clearly going to be more difficult as opposed to Cameron.

Miliband didn't blow me away tonight but he's sure earned a higher level of respect from me.
Paxman slaughters everybody regardless of their party, that's always been his trademark. Cameron can't really help that he doesn't have a brother in politics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads