If You Were To Turn Back The Clock, Which A-Levels Would You Choose? Watch

Menakshelatte
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would take Spanish AS instead of biology.
I Don't Care
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I chose Biology, Chemistry, History and Politics but wish I picked English Lit, Chemistry/RE, History and Politics.
couruthim
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
I wish I'd taken Physics instead of Japanese. And then maybe Maths or Politics, but I don't know what I'd swap it for.
You took Japanese? Do you have a Japanese background or did your school offer it?
couruthim
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's so much that I would change...maybe Further Maths or History instead of English or Drama/Politics instead of Economics. I also wouldn't have changed school as many times as I did- I think that's affected how hard I find my subjects now.
miacat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd like to say I'd change nothing. I originally wanted to do Economics but my school didn't offer it, so I took Business as the next best thing, and now I want to do a Business Management degree.

I do question why I took Drama but I am predicted an A for A2 in it, and that is quite hard at A-level. In a way, I wish I was intelligent enough to do Maths. I got an A in it at GCSE but I had no natural ability, I forced the grade on myself by 2 hours of maths revision every day for 6 weeks. I was in the bottom sets
Helena4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Took History, Physics, Maths and Japanese. I suck way too hard at Maths and will probably fail this AS, but Phyiscs means nothing without Maths, so I would've taken History, Art and Japanese, and screw doing a 4th - A levels are too hard.
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Would still take all my four subjects: maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.
But I would take French instead of EPQ.
Enginerd.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would definately have done Physics. Don't regret not picking it, but it would've saved me a year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do chemistry, psychology, maths and biology atm. If I could change them, I'd still keep the first 3, but instead of biology I would have chosen english literature/economics/philosophy&ethics/government&politics (I really wish I switched to something else -_-)
Xctv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cleverasvoltaire)
Are you applying for PPE?
I'm not sure at the moment, either that or a economics degree
Michael_98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by inthechaos)
I start in September, my firm choice is UEA and insurance is Essex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Essex isn't tht bad can't speak for UEA
username1862217
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Took Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Biology

With hindsight, would have chosen Further Maths instead of Biology. Would have also dropped Chemistry at AS instead of sticking with all four for two years.

Studying physics at uni, final year. Somewhat regret not choosing computer science, but on the other hand I am really happy with my choice as it has offered me a great set of skills that computer science would never have given me, and these skills will let me achieve my dreams.
inthechaos
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Michael_98)
UEA is better than Essex, they're both good but I wish I had got the grades to go somewhere better

Posted from TSR Mobile
inthechaos
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Michael_98)
UEA is better than Essex, they're both good but I wish I had got the grades to go somewhere a bit better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
FreshGarbage
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maths instead of psychology and RS as a fifth if I could :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cll_ws
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I took Maths, Classical Civ, and Graphic Design, and for the most part hated my choices.

If I could choose again I would probably take Geography, Classical Civ, and a foreign language. Maybe History.

I'm sitting the A-level Japanese exams this summer as a private candidate. It took me until well after I left college to discover, but I really enjoy learning languages.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Might have switched further maths for ICT & Games
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by inthechaos)
I start in September, my firm choice is UEA and insurance is Essex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! No need to feel bummed about the uea. I'm from Norfolk and I adore the uea, so much so that I wish I lived elsewhere so I could go to the uea and things would be new.
cleverasvoltaire
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Xctv)
I'm not sure at the moment, either that or a economics degree
Do economics if you can't get into Oxford is my recommendation as PPE from anywhere else isn't as good as economics at another top uni. What are your other grades like?
Xctv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cleverasvoltaire)
Do economics if you can't get into Oxford is my recommendation as PPE from anywhere else isn't as good as economics at another top uni. What are your other grades like?
I get as and a* in pretty much everything except science which I am doing a btec and single science gcse which I'm not happy about :s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed