The Student Room Group

Re exam tomorrow... Any tips???

Scroll to see replies

If i'm to be honest i'm not sure how i'll sleep today.
These past papers are playing mind games with me :frown:.

Like you know how we get 2 choices on 1 choices it seems like i would struggle but on the other when i look at them I know I will do well.
It's no problem :smile:
is it just me or is pretty much every logical answer to question just seen as right in RE. alright you need to know some logic but everything in edexcel ends up being related to the catechism, bible and Christian teachings, that's 3 points you can explain and the rest can be pretty obvious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tommy1499
is it just me or is pretty much every logical answer to question just seen as right in RE. alright you need to know some logic but everything in edexcel ends up being related to the catechism, bible and Christian teachings, that's 3 points you can explain and the rest can be pretty obvious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pretty simple, and pretty obvious a religious person would say yes and no to certain things. But there are some dreadful questions in the edexcel exam such as "Explain the abortion law in the UK" if you haven't revised the law but you've revised abortion then you're pretty **** then again it's common sense that there is obviously going to be restrictions.
I'm not revising any more for RE will do about tomorrow morning but that's it, I know be living in God , matters of life and death off by heart, community cohesion is okay but requires a lot of common seances and then marriage and the family is pretty good as well ,

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TOMORROW AND I HOPE YOU ALL GET WHAT YOU WANT :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although RE is pretty easy, does anyone else think the grade boundaries are quite high? I think 76/80 for an A*, then 4 marks awarded for SPAG
Make up quotes - you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, if a question came up asking you to explain how Causation theory could lead to belief in God for 8 marks, which points could you include? They all seem pretty similar and I'd feel like i was repeating myself
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Although RE is pretty easy, does anyone else think the grade boundaries are quite high? I think 76/80 for an A*, then 4 marks awarded for SPAG

That isn't high at all in my opinion and pretty easy to get 10% of the marks come from the a questions.
I'm aiming for at least 80/80.
Then on Unit 16 if I flop I can at least be guaranteed an A*. Btw where did you get the grade boundaries??
Reply 110
Original post by brownie33
ok i have sent it. I've only sent a methodology table and the introduction as that is how far we have got.. Let me know if you need any help :smile:

omg thank you so much you dont know how much you have helped me!!! Thanks so much i feel like crying and i'm not very emotional omg thank you so much!!! Its good to know that helpful people are still out there!!!!! I cannot thank you enough... Omg
thanks ever so much!!!!!
Also, if a question came up asking you to explain how Causation theory could lead to belief in God for 8 marks, which points could you include? They all seem pretty similar and I'd feel like i was repeating myself

- Everything has a cause
- Ultimately the cause is God.
- Example of something is caused and link it.
That's all I can think of.
Slip "Love thy neighbour" in somewhere

Tick tick tick 100% 4 u swag yolo
Reply 113
Original post by Zeetingman
That isn't high at all in my opinion and pretty easy to get 10% of the marks come from the a questions.
Then on Unit 16 if I flop I can at least be guaranteed an A*. Btw where did you get the grade boundaries??

I think he means 76/80 for one paper...

I did that past paper today and after finishing it I looked at the mark scheme and realised that 2 explained points would have been much easier than bull****ting my way through 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

they are the grade boundaries if the edexcel website, do you know all the content or do you just write logical points down instead of bullshiiit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? In my mock I only lost 2 marks altogether which were on that Causation question, but idk I hope i can do just as well tomorrow

The edexcel website. I'll try find the link
Really? In my mock I only lost 2 marks altogether which were on that Causation question, but idk I hope i can do just as well tomorrow

The edexcel website. I'll try find the link

I got 100% on my mock. My mum expects me to achieve this ridiculously high result again. Last time I did a dearth of revision now it's the real thing it feels weird.
Original post by Tommy1499
they are the grade boundaries if the edexcel website, do you know all the content or do you just write logical points down instead of bullshiiit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My exam technique is quite strange, adrenaline makes me do better. I also tend to finish the exam about 10 minutes earlier then flick through and calculate my marks lol.
anyone doing the wjec board?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending