Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowball1130)
    hi all,

im from Ghana and a shared scholar bound for uni of exeter.

i really am happy to find this forum because i was searching for students with similar experiences as well.

kassi, have you done your tb test already? i have and im now also waiting for the award letter just like most of us.it appears they are sending the letters in alphabetical order because i remember kossi getting response from cambridge late but is the first to receive his/her award letter.
    congrats kossi.
    Hi Snowball.. im happy to meet a colleague scholar from Ghana. I haven't done my tb test yet. still waiting for the letter. Please can u share your contact?

ReputationRep:
    hi all,

im from Ghana and a shared scholar bound for uni of exeter.

i really am happy to find this forum because i was searching for students with similar experiences as well.

kassi, have you done your tb test already? i have and im now also waiting for the award letter just like most of us.it appears they are sending the letters in alphabetical order because i remember kossi getting response from cambridge late but is the first to receive his/her award letter.
    congrats kossi.
    Hi Snowball. Congrats
    I think they have some other system.. I sent my forms on 28 or 29 May, and the first initial of my name is F. Haha. Oh well good luck

ReputationRep:
    By the way I'm curious to know where the names of the 2015 Cambridge scholars are written .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookDragon)
    By the way I'm curious to know where the names of the 2015 Cambridge scholars are written .
    i checked the cam website but kind of complicated.
    i had to abandon it and read something else on the new health surcharge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kassi)
    Hi Snowball.. im happy to meet a colleague scholar from Ghana. I haven't done my tb test yet. still waiting for the letter. Please can u share your contact?
    im in sunyani, brong ahafo ,so decided to do it and sooner but if you are close to accra then you can wait for the letter before.
    the fee is GHS 405.
    Im male and you?
    how do i send my number to you?send me your email and i will do just that.
    i pray we hear from CSC this week.

ReputationRep:
    i have started the online application already.i think its better to start piece by piece, you can save and continue later.you have to seek info from the international office of your uni before you can complete some sections.probably there is a guide for international students on how to complete the online visa application.uni of exeter has it.good luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    im in sunyani, brong ahafo ,so decided to do it and sooner but if you are close to accra then you can wait for the letter before.
    the fee is GHS 405.
    Im male and you?
    how do i send my number to you?send me your email and i will do just that.
    i pray we hear from CSC this week.
    Kindly email me with this: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hi Snowball. Congrats
    I think they have some other system.. I sent my forms on 28 or 29 May, and the first initial of my name is F. Haha. Oh well good luck
    i guess alphabetical order of universities.

ReputationRep:
    i have started the online application already.i think its better to start piece by piece, you can save and continue later.you have to seek info from the international office of your uni before you can complete some sections.probably there is a guide for international students on how to complete the online visa application.uni of exeter has it.good luck to everyone.
    Where did you access the online visa application snowball?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kassi)
    Kindly email me with this: [email protected]
    check you private conversation, i have pasted it there but still will email you.

ReputationRep:
    i guess alphabetical order of universities.

Oh lol. True.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you access the online visa application snowball?
    WWW.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

ReputationRep:
    it has all the info you may need to proceed. You may also find the home office guidelines useful on the same website.
    Since our visa fee and the ihs is waived,we have to do due diligence with our visa applications to ensure success. If the visa is refused at the first instance, one has to pay for the visa fee which is 322 uk pounds if i remember correctly as well as the ihs fee of 225 uk pounds.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Im snowball from Ghana and a shared scholar bound for uni of exeter.
    I like this forum cos I want share updates with others. Im also waiting for my award letter.have done the tb test already.
    Kassi have u done urs?
    Congrats to all winners.i hope the next processes would be smooth for us all.

ReputationRep:
    check you private conversation, i have pasted it there but still will email you.
    Yeah.. I have seen it.

ReputationRep:
    hi kosb,
    congrats on your award.just curios,what is the value of the stipend for 2015-2016 because it appears the amount is adjusted upwards each year. last year i.e 2014-15 was 977 for those outside London and 1208 for those within London. this is set by the UK government for all awardees on UK government funded scholarship programmes.
    Mine is 977. Guess that's the rate for this session.Congrats on ur award too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosb)
    Mine is 977. Guess that's the rate for this session.Congrats on ur award too.
    That's cool.
    Kosb.. which courier service did you receive ur letter from? DHL or FedEx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kassi)
    That's cool.
    Kosb.. which courier service did you receive ur letter from? DHL or FedEx
    DHL, U guys wld receive urs dis week i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosb)
    DHL, U guys wld receive urs dis week i guess
    Thanks
    We hope so Kosb...

ReputationRep:
    Here is the link for Cambridge University Scholars who have been awarded the CSS https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholars/awards/
    My email is [email protected], let's share when we get our confirmation of awards and keep it alive as well

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.