The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jasaron
Edexcel. I did all the past papers, but we hadn't been taught citizenship before. We'd spent three years doing the coursework. :mad:

OMG! same exam board and it was really hard compared to the past papers we did, that coursework took forever
Original post by PrincessAisha
OMG! same exam board and it was really hard compared to the past papers we did, that coursework took forever

These're the ones I'm not sure of:

The Afghan boy was not sent back because the Home Office did not know he was here.
Privacy disputes are settled in the High Court (this one seems almost certainly wrong).
An example of a privacy dispute is: celebrities being angry at tabloids, but they can write what they want because of freedom of speech.
An example of a UK charity: British Red Cross, helps different countries during times of disaster, vaccinates against disease.
Legislation in the UK to protect human rights: Equal Pay Act.

If you know the answers to any of these, please let me know. Otherwise, best of luck with the rest of your exams!
Original post by Clintbarton
Ridiculously easy. Once you master the art bs'ing you can get A's in RS and english. The mark schemes literally say 'they may say this but give marks if you think it's right.' WJEC also ask the same questions almost every year.

Alright for some. :mad::eek::unimpressed:
When you do the AQA exam board, it is ridiculously hard.
The questions are completely and utterly different each year for AQA.
:frown:
Original post by CrystalMath101
I didn't know what a vocation was TT_TT but the rest was easy, I finished 10 mins ahead, checking and everything.

did you do wjec b religion and life issues because that also had a vocation question and I had no idea how to answer it!
Reply 104
Original post by zenayounis
I have my first exam tomorrow. French >•<. Kinda scared but not really feeling the pressure of exams tbh. Not really kicked in yet that these are qualifications I'll hold for the rest of my life xD LOL

I have a french exam tommoro aswell. What a exam board r u doing. I am really stressed out too
Reply 105
Original post by asha.o
WJEC, you?

Is this the re exam?
Original post by amz16
Is this the re exam?

No, French. :smile:
Reply 107
did anyone do gcse sociology today?
Original post by Clintbarton
Ridiculously easy. Once you master the art bs'ing you can get A's in RS and english. The mark schemes literally say 'they may say this but give marks if you think it's right.' WJEC also ask the same questions almost every year.

It was easy. Definitely. but i just read the examiner report stupid me and you are supposed to give your opinion. My teacher taught us your opinion doesn't matter it's the content. :frown:(( Well according to edexcel it does. She said you can't answer in a general way you have to refer to a religion. Oh and no one told me to use paragraphs. I hate teachers sooo much! I do the right thing on my own, they say something, I change what I do and it turns out my common sense at the start was right. Great. Now to find motivation for Biology. :frown:.
Reply 109
Original post by asha.o
No, French. :smile:

Is this tomorrow because my friend is doing WJEC French tomorrow? I'm doing WJEC German. :smile:
I found it easy too but it turns out my exam technique was all wrong. I was supposed to give MY opinion and I shouldve used paragraphs. It's not nice when you work your ass off for nothing.
Reply 111
Original post by mxskaan
did you do wjec b religion and life issues because that also had a vocation question and I had no idea how to answer it!

I had this exam today. I think that question caught many people. :s-smilie:
Heyyyy guysss I have my first official exam (GCSE OCR French)- Reading and Listening and I am sooooo scared! I need to get an A*! I need to revise but I don't know how ??!!!
Original post by amz16
I had this exam today. I think that question caught many people. :s-smilie:

let's just pray for low grade boundaries because that exam did not go as well as i expected, the 2014 was sooo much easier compared to this imo
Reply 114
Original post by mxskaan
let's just pray for low grade boundaries because that exam did not go as well as i expected, the 2014 was sooo much easier compared to this imo

Yeah hopefully. I just wrote something about worshipping God in different ways and how it makes people feel closer to him.
Reply 115
Original post by woahexams
Heyyyy guysss I have my first official exam (GCSE OCR French)- Reading and Listening and I am sooooo scared! I need to get an A*! I need to revise but I don't know how ??!!!

Have you gone over vocabulary? That's what i've done for German. :smile:
anyone know if Casio f-91W digital watches are allowed?
my friend told me there's not
it doesn't have data storage or anything
Anyone else got edexcel igcse biology paper 1 tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
anyone doing gcse aqa b3 paper tomorrow
biology and french tomorrow:s-smilie::s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest