The Student Room Group

AQA Biology B2 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smingle
1 and 2. Only one dominant allele needed to express characteristic. Two recessive needed to express that characteristic. I think?

Yea, that's for one chromosome, i think it was referring to all of them in the cell, so for each and every chromosome there would be that 1 dominant allele, adding up to 23 total>
Original post by isabellagrace
I put one reason as major geological disasters destroy them like asteroids or earthquakes but I didn't know a second point, so I said about soft bodied organisms that decay completely so we don't have any fossils of them even though it was about birds not slugs or whatever :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't matter, don't worry. It was a general question that one not specific to birds
what did people get for the ratio question ???
apparently there was a question on meiosis or mitosis for one mark.. i don't remember this! scared i have accidentally missed a page out
Reply 104
Original post by Jamesosborne
Tbf my stupid instincts lead me into writing 750 for the magnification ! Don't know where I got that from ! So I can't help on that one sorry - why are there gaps in the fossil reocrd ?

Gaps due to most scientists believed that organisms back then were soft bodied and tend to decay also fossils that had already formed crushed due to tectonic plates
Original post by LydiaSwift
what did people get for the ratio question ???

I got 3:1 (purple:white) I think it meant like guess cos you couldn't simplify
Original post by ellen199

Oh OK thanks I feel like I completely failed :frown: I put like 7:2 or something !
Thanks anyway though.
what did you all do for the ratio question??/
Original post by ellen199

did you work that out or guess?
Original post by LydiaSwift
Oh OK thanks I feel like I completely failed :frown: I put like 7:2 or something !
Thanks anyway though.

I put 15:4 but I guess if I simplified it I would've got something near 3:1
Reply 110
Hey, haven't been on in ages.
I had my 2 French exams to day morning, and my B2 and B3 exam as well.
Both exams were very easy for me, I believe I have guaranteed myself 45+ marks on both papers.
B2 was much easier than B3.
Reply 111
Original post by qwerzxcv1234569
did you work that out or guess?

It was 3:1
Original post by qwerzxcv1234569
what did you all do for the ratio question??/

3:1
Reply 113
By the way the magnification should have given you 400. I put 40 :frown:
Reply 114
Original post by Smingle
0.1mm (scale) = 4cm

4cm = 40mm

40/0.1 = 400

Anyone else get this for magnification?

Got 40 unfortunately, it was 400 after my friend explained it
1 and 2
Original post by b_i
i got 1 and 2 as well

same.... Had to think about it !
I ran out of time so was writing junk towards the end :frown:
I thought it was super unfair giving us that QWC like come on, we've already done our ISA!

I put 1 & 2 for the alleles one but also got 40 for magnification, did I mess up? I was having a calculator issue at that point anyway which wasn't fun :frown: And the milk and bile question was awful ahhh. Anyway, I thought B3 was beautiful in comparison!
i messed up the first question, like i forgot about all the products of digestion and started writing about how alkali milk is
Original post by Camerxn
By the way the magnification should have given you 400. I put 40 :frown:

grr same here :frown: I spent far to long on that question :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending