Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usmanzubair)
    Maybe june 2009 will repeat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Many people would love to ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    Yeah I get that but where does it say to write the inequalities separately? I put it as 3-2sqrt2>p>3+2sqrt2
    Thats where the graph comes in handy bro. See arseys answer for that one he wrote OR the middle of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukass12)
    How many UMS points for 70 maybe 71 marks out of 75?
    It depends on how well everyone else has done, I reckon >70+ for sure

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me
    for 8b)
    if you wrote 3root10 as your answer, is the value of K implied as 3 by the examiners, as in do u still get all the marks for that question

cheeeeeeeeers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.
    Hello, for the simultaneous did you have to put them in order as co-ordinates if you have shown how you calculated them all and for the summation if you calculated both parts (part b) correctly and didn't add properly for final result how many marks will be lost is it just an accuracy (theoretically)>

ReputationRep:
    good sample of 300+ on the C1 difficulty
    vote and see
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3322317

ReputationRep:
    would k be 12 because its the year they are talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by particlestudent)
    Yeah I get that but where does it say to write the inequalities separately? I put it as 3-2sqrt2>p>3+2sqrt2
    Because if you were to graph the quadratic, you would see it has 2 roots, and you were looking for the X values that create a y>0. Your answer creates y<0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    good sample of 300+ on the C1 difficulty
    vote and see
    How have the votes gone? I cant see the poll :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    ONLY if coords are B marks(independent)
    depends on how the marking scheme will be done after the sample provisional marking
    thanks
    for 9b, how many marks i'd get for saying, Sn = 10(34000+ (19*1500))
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usmanzubair)
    Thats where the graph comes in handy bro. See arseys answer for that one he wrote OR the middle of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He got the same inequalities as me but he wrote them separately. I'm asking you why we had to write them separately?

ReputationRep:
    I think I may have got 56/75... Any idea what grade this would be? It didn't go as well as I'd have liked so I've just been stressing about it since it finished. Any reply would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ums maestro)
    How have the votes gone? I cant see the poll :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    look at the link

ReputationRep:
    58 max I think lol

****, my past paper marks made me too complacent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    thanks
    for 9b, how many marks i'd get for saying, Sn = 10/2(34000+ (19*1500))
    Thanks
    sorry off teaching now

ReputationRep:
    For question 4iia), if I used the arithmetic sequence formula and got the right answer do you think I will still get all the marks? (instead of 4*20)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sTheArtLife)
    I think I may have got 56/75... Any idea what grade this would be? It didn't go as well as I'd have liked so I've just been stressing about it since it finished. Any reply would be greatly appreciated
    64/75.
    so you got a low B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ericadonnelly)
    Because if you were to graph the quadratic, you would see it has 2 roots, and you were looking for the X values that create a y>0. Your answer creates y<0.
    I don't understand, my inequalities are exactly the same as Arsey's just together.:confused:

3-2sqrt2>p>3+2sqrt2

Isn't that the same as p<3-2sqrt2 and p>3+2sqrt2????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sTheArtLife)
    Last year I got 58/75 and that translated to 71/100 UMS, if thats any comparison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bnosnehpets)
    For question 4iia), if I used the arithmetic sequence formula and got the right answer do you think I will still get all the marks? (instead of 4*20)
    You mean you used d=0?
    There's nothing wrong with that at all, and I'm sure you'd get the marks if you got 80

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.