Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent:))
    Teacher didn't even give us the textbook like he did for unit 1, I'm reading the booklets he made based on the spec but I'm dropping this subject anyway so I'm tempted not to even revise haha
    But... But you're a HistoryStudent?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    But... But you're a HistoryStudent?!Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ironic, I know! I hate history so much, the only reason I joined TSR is for history help because I need all the help I can get!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the Elizabethean era? It is the second exam in AS history on the 20th may 2015 also

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the women's suffrage movement, can't remember the exact dates. Goes from the 'Angel in the house' to women getting the vote?

Do you have any specific method of revising for this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MegF)
    Is anyone doing the women's suffrage movement, can't remember the exact dates. Goes from the 'Angel in the house' to women getting the vote?

Do you have any specific method of revising for this one?
    Hi,

I suggest memorising the information within the Edexcel Books it's the best thing you can do, it has enough information. You only need about 6 or 7 pieces of own knowledge to secure top marks on a 40 marker.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for british politics, any notes would be helpful as well.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if I need to know in detail like individual people like Mary Wholstenholme elmy or someone like that also by teacher gave me Paula Bartley book must I learn that as well as the exam boards book?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorarosa1998)
    Anyone know if I need to know in detail like individual people like Mary Wholstenholme elmy or someone like that also by teacher gave me Paula Bartley book must I learn that as well as the exam boards book?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you doing the Changing Role of Women?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have sample essays of the changing roles of wemen topic? Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Greetings to all on this forum,

For those of you who are doing "The Changing Role of Women: 1860-1930" exam on Wednesday, do not hesitate or be reluctant to ask me any questions.

During these last few days, it is crucial that as much prep and explaining is done before the exam.

Regards - Gunnarsunn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helennfoster)
    hey guys i'm doing the changing role of women too, but as a resit to try and boost my marks for my overall A level. If you want to ask any questions I'd be happy to answer them
    What's the most efficient way to revise for this unit?

ReputationRep:
    Same question. I don't know where to start for revision of this topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ylvis)
    Same question. I don't know where to start for revision of this topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is there anything regarding the content that you would like me to clear up? Or a exam question which has caused difficulty?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunnarsunn)
    Is there anything regarding the content that you would like me to clear up? Or a exam question which has caused difficulty?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Roughly how much detail do we need to know the unit in? Is it like key dates and key female figures? Or is pretty much learning everything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Aqsxo)
    Roughly how much detail do we need to know the unit in? Is it like key dates and key female figures? Or is pretty much learning everything?
    I'd suggest learning everything. Each theme overlaps and may be crucial within a 40 marker. Many sources trigger the use of own knowledge by referring to something, and unfortunately dates and people will not suffice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are many legal acts during the period. I can't remember so many of them... Which are the most important legal changes? And how can I structure my essay for a 40 marker question? Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a question on own knowledge, say for example, if the 40 marker was about did women achieve equality by 1900? Could I introduce, the idea of the sexual double standard as evidence of inequality when arguing my point, e.g. George Norton's infidelity was easily forgiven but Caroline Norton's rumoured affair with Lord Melbourne, who had 'alienated his wife's affections' according to George, was taken to court, so her alleged infieldity was blown out of proportion compared to George's, so what I am asking is can I use knowledge that is not a statistic as evidence and does anyone have any predictions for thus year's Women's History Section?

ReputationRep:
    Guys
    I still need help on answering the 20 marker.
    How do we include provenance?
    Do we blatantly say 'Source 1 is a primary source by a Labour government which suggests....'

Thank you!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Boatman15;55860439]
    (Original post by gilberta)

I know! hopefully it's more Poor law than public health

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh public health is really tricky especially with all the new laws and acts and all the names to remember

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Henry VIII

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.