Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone watched "Hitler: The Greatest Story Never told" ? Anything of value in that documentary? Trustworthy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarvingAutist)
    Discussing things like this on forums is stupid. Why not look at the facts? Each post here is biased to one side or another, and what's more, they are not written by historians. This is not a discussable topic - it is objective fact whether it happened or not. It's down to any questioners to do their own research, using objective sources, and for goodness' sake don't trust a random forum user who happens to write persuasive posts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not all of us are biased. Some of us know more about the subject than others, see for example the bear's post above. If you mean CycleofSpin when you describe a random forum user, he is apparently persuasive only until presented with verifiable facts and has his so-called evidence shredded into tiny pieces.

ReputationRep:
    No one can claim the Holocaust didn't happen if they haven't been to Auschwitz or another of the camps. And once they have, they will know it did happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    Has anyone watched "Hitler: The Greatest Story Never told" ? Anything of value in that documentary? Trustworthy?

Utter rubbish according to the reviews with no historical consultants involved.

This ones by far superior.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_N...g_from_History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Yes
    Who was behind the Holocaust then, and who headed it and gave the order? Where is the evidence that points to the operational management of such an activity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brinner405)
    Who was behind the Holocaust then, and who headed it and gave the order? Where is the evidence that points to the operational management of such an activity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arndale didn't last long did it? How long will this name last for Mr CycleOfSPin???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Arndale didn't last long did it? How long will this name last for Mr CycleOfSPin???
    I'm still trying in figure out what motivates him? (Cycle of spin)

How in the 21at century can an allegedly educated person believe that the holocuast didn't happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    I'm still trying in figure out what motivates him? (Cycle of spin)

How in the 21at century can an allegedly educated person believe that the holocuast didn't happen?
    Small Man Syndrome is one possibility.

ReputationRep:
    Small Man Syndrome is one possibility.
    No. You have to be a very big person to be able to speak against common belief and all the abuse that goes with it especially when you have a mass media empire basically saying that anyone who disagrees with anything it says are complete retarded conspiracy theory axe wielding racists. Most people are not big enough to EVER hold views that oppose this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arndale2)
    No. You have to be a very big person to be able to speak against common belief and all the abuse that goes with it especially when you have a mass media empire basically saying that anyone who disagrees with anything it says are complete retarded conspiracy theory axe wielding racists. Most people are not big enough to EVER hold views that oppose this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Big people also read material from the opposite side of the argument and use their critical faculties to decide which is best. You - assuming that you are the person as under discussion - have said that you don't do this. You have stated that you only read 'alternate' material rather than engaging with 'standard' texts as well. This makes you a very small person, rather scared to deal in detail with opposing views,

ReputationRep:
    Big people also read material from the opposite side of the argument and use their critical faculties to decide which is best. You - assuming that you are the person as under discussion - have said that you don't do this. You have stated that you only read 'alternate' material rather than engaging with 'standard' texts as well. This makes you a very small person, rather scared to deal in detail with opposing views,
    Translation: I have read and know in a large amount of detail both sides of the argument. (I would have to be living under a rock not to know the official/ education system/ TV/ Holywood story, quiz me on it if you think I don't know it, Hitler came to power, he was against the Jews, gradually the scene changes with Kristalnacht and laws for asset confiscation, eventually all the Jews were rounded up and put into camps, those fit for labour were kept and the others were immediately gassed, the ones kept were inspected routinely, and gassed is they had any issues such as an abscess in the teeth etc., transportation was often by means of death march designed to weaken and kill as many as possible etc. etc. ). You are not talking to an idiot. You are talking to a high achiever, informed, well to do person.

The case is that I know both sides of the story, but YOU, and all the other self-righteous people who like to shout down any alternate view, have never taken the time to study the alternative view because you have been told that its so awful to look at the alternative view because to do so would bring about a risk of peril, a bit like a view that your city block is about to explode from a gas leak, and someone saying its not true, you might regard the person who says it's not true as a threat if he stops people from evacuating.

It could be argued that the above scenario is time sensitive, but the thing is here, you have lots of time to explore both sides of the argument. There is no excuse for you not to. If you had studied both sides of the argument, you may decide to hold the same position but you would realise that its not so stupid to hold the other position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arndale2)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or somebody who's full on retard.

You don't have many friends do you?

ReputationRep:
    Or somebody who's full on retard.

You don't have many friends do you?
    I like to limit myself to about 5 close friends. Its about quality not quantity. I would not like to have 10,000 facebook "friends" who are shallow lacking people talking about some celebrity's handbag.

There is such beauty in seeing truths which are regarded as unshakeable, immutable and more true that God himself crash and burn to the ground. It makes us humble as human beings and makes us realise how little we know, with out pesky little "society", its belief system, media box virtual brain feeds, and methods of keeping in truth comfort zones at all costs.

There is natural beauty in being about to shake the person who would rather run into gunfire and be buried in a mass grave than question his belief system. The beauty of this is on the level of the Gods, Goddesses and the stars. It is to challenge the person who is starved of truth and beauty, and therefore starves himself of resources, land and increasingly for white atheist, first world cultural marxsists, even a family. All they know is ideology and dogma and they can't see past the ends of their noses due to this dogma. They are fully functioning human beings but they act like shrivelled up ugly beings repeating what they are constantly told to repeat because they cannot just shut off this voice from the media, the voice from society, the truths from society. They cannot shut it off and listen to the Gods, to themselves, to nature because they are too afraid to avoid being in this robot like state. They know that its more sane to be removed from this but cannot get themselves to do so due to classical conditioning, and therefore they say that their conscious mind is this robotic nonsense that they feel forced to parrot and that their unconscious mind is that they really think. You have gone against the creator with this nonsense by allowing those who wanted to, to replace his truths with this nonsense religion. You have a choice, but you have decided to go on with this nonsense, materially obsessed, body obsession, death obsession nonsense instead of freeing your spirit. People have been able to deceive you to embrace such a religion simply because you believe all you are is a body with no spirit and therefore fear death so much. It is no the religion of our creator, it is the religion of those against our creator. You should have regard for what is good, righteous and the bringer of life, rather than anti-Christ, satanic cults and bringers of death who reign thousands of tons of bombs on households all over the world in the name of their dogma - because its going to protect your body, they tell you.

People, go on and delete this, if you really feel you must lie to yourselves to protect "sensibilities", but at the end of the day you will just deceiving yourself. And you will have taken a big bite into the lie deconstructing your own lie by knowingly deleting the truth.

Lost for words now, aren't you? I suppose the only response you have is to make an accusation of insanity, the usual response towards anyone who contradicts your dogma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arndale3)
    I like to limit myself to about 5 close friends. Its about quality not quantity. I would not like to have 10,000 facebook "friends" who are shallow lacking people talking about some celebrity's handbag.

There is such beauty in seeing truths which are regarded as unshakeable, immutable and more true that God himself crash and burn to the ground. It makes us humble as human beings and makes us realise how little we know, with out pesky little "society", its belief system, media box virtual brain feeds, and methods of keeping in truth comfort zones at all costs.

There is natural beauty in being about to shake the person who would rather run into gunfire and be buried in a mass grave than question his belief system. The beauty of this is on the level of the Gods, Goddesses and the stars. It is to challenge the person who is starved of truth and beauty, and therefore starves himself of resources, land and increasingly for white atheist, first world cultural marxsists, even a family. All they know is ideology and dogma and they can't see past the ends of their noses due to this dogma. They are fully functioning human beings but they act like shrivelled up ugly beings repeating what they are constantly told to repeat because they cannot just shut off this voice from the media, the voice from society, the truths from society. They cannot shut it off and listen to the Gods, to themselves, to nature because they are too afraid to avoid being in this robot like state. They know that its more sane to be removed from this but cannot get themselves to do so due to classical conditioning, and therefore they say that their conscious mind is this robotic nonsense that they feel forced to parrot and that their unconscious mind is that they really think. You have gone against the creator with this nonsense by allowing those who wanted to, to replace his truths with this nonsense religion. You have a choice, but you have decided to go on with this nonsense, materially obsessed, body obsession, death obsession nonsense instead of freeing your spirit. People have been able to deceive you to embrace such a religion simply because you believe all you are is a body with no spirit and therefore fear death so much. It is no the religion of our creator, it is the religion of those against our creator. You should have regard for what is good, righteous and the bringer of life, rather than anti-Christ, satanic cults and bringers of death who reign thousands of tons of bombs on households all over the world in the name of their dogma - because its going to protect your body, they tell you.

People, go on and delete this, if you really feel you must lie to yourselves to protect "sensibilities", but at the end of the day you will just deceiving yourself. And you will have taken a big bite into the lie deconstructing your own lie by knowingly deleting the truth.

Lost for words now, aren't you? I suppose the only response you have is to make an accusation of insanity, the usual response towards anyone who contradicts your dogma.
    F***ing loon.

Are your five friends your care workers ?

ReputationRep:
    F***ing loon.

Are your five friends your care workers ?
    Are you 5 friends Ad Hominems?

Mr. fake cultural Marxist Conservative of the school of thought of the '68 ers, let's deconstruct the West with Frankfurt School deconstruction and call it free markets then give Ad Hominem attacks to anyone who disagrees.

Don't go calling yourself a Conservative if the ideas from 70 years who are disgusting and disgraceful and you like Cameron or Obama need ever increasing "progressive change". What are you Conserving, fake Conservative?

ReputationRep:
    Are you 5 friends Ad Hominems?
    Do you feel angry with the world? Never felt understood?
    Touched up by an overly friendly relative?

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel angry with the world? Never felt understood?
    Touched up by an overly friendly relative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    I don't think I watched that one but I did watch Hellstorm, which is about the allied atrocities after the war:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCOKNCwHmQ

ReputationRep:
    Translation: I have read and know in a large amount of detail both sides of the argument. (I would have to be living under a rock not to know the official/ education system/ TV/ Holywood story, quiz me on it if you think I don't know it, Hitler came to power, he was against the Jews, gradually the scene changes with Kristalnacht and laws for asset confiscation, eventually all the Jews were rounded up and put into camps, those fit for labour were kept and the others were immediately gassed, the ones kept were inspected routinely, and gassed is they had any issues such as an abscess in the teeth etc., transportation was often by means of death march designed to weaken and kill as many as possible etc. etc. ). You are not talking to an idiot. You are talking to a high achiever, informed, well to do person.

The case is that I know both sides of the story, but YOU, and all the other self-righteous people who like to shout down any alternate view, have never taken the time to study the alternative view because you have been told that its so awful to look at the alternative view because to do so would bring about a risk of peril, a bit like a view that your city block is about to explode from a gas leak, and someone saying its not true, you might regard the person who says it's not true as a threat if he stops people from evacuating.

It could be argued that the above scenario is time sensitive, but the thing is here, you have lots of time to explore both sides of the argument. There is no excuse for you not to. If you had studied both sides of the argument, you may decide to hold the same position but you would realise that its not so stupid to hold the other position.
    That's quite a good low-level summary. However, in the past I have challenged you to read something more in-depth such as Peter Longerich's Holocaust, or Richard Evans's The Third Reich at War and you have never responded. Why?

Previously I have praised you for actually producing evidence rather than merely linking to a video of one person expressing their opinion. However, when I respond to your points with a focused counter-argument you simply ignore it. For example, a while ago you produced evidence suggesting Sobibor was a transit camp not a death camp. I wrote a detailed rebuttal with different types of evidence - you didn't bother to reply. This is a consistent pattern of yours - when faced with an informed counter-argument which you cannot knock down you simply move on to another issue.

I know you are not a complete idiot, though you do have the very annoying habit of trying to talk down to others. FYI, I also am a high achiever (or was until I retired), also informed and living a very comfortable existence.

I started studying modern German history when you were still in short trousers. As I have told you before, I have indeed looked at the alternative view. I have read David Irving and articles on the IHR site, watched videos posted here and studied the evidence you have produced. My conclusions have nothing to do with being self-righteous and I have never tried merely to shout you down. As you suggest in your final decision, I have concluded that the 'mainstream' view is largely correct.

ReputationRep:
    Probably but I seriously don't think 6 million is right number.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.