Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i read the matrices question wrong instead of -20 i read 20 but my method is the same will i get some marks

ReputationRep:
    For the last q.
    i just multiplied sp and sq. will I get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AQUF42)
    Thanks a lot Arsey
    Hope u can do the same with S3

Hopefully 100 UMS for my son
    He thinks grade boundaries will be higher
    Also he achieved early A* by getting
    above 90% at AS
    Bring on S3
    Nerd of a son u got there then

ReputationRep:
    Well he is very focussed
    Hopefully he will be going to LSE to read straight economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    For the last q.
    i just multiplied sp and sq. will I get any marks?
    Probably 1.

ReputationRep:
    For the induction question I ran out of time and didn't write the last conclusion step, I proved it was true for n=k+1 and stopped there. How many marks would I have lost ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordIlyas)
    For the induction question I ran out of time and didn't write the last conclusion step, I proved it was true for n=k+1 and stopped there. How many marks would I have lost ?
    You'd only lose 1 mark. So you'd get 5/6

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many marks I will lose for the proof by induction question?
    For the matrix, proof by induction question I went straight from -1/4(5^k-1)-5^k, to -1/4(5^k+1 -1)
    I did write the conclusion at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelly150)
    Does anyone know how many marks I will lose for the proof by induction question?
    For the matrix, proof by induction question I went straight from -1/4(5^k-1)-5^k, to -1/4(5^k+1 -1)
    I did write the conclusion at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Shouldn't lose one, but there's only one past question for matrices and it was worth 5, so I have no idea what the extra one is supposed to be for. I did the same thing as you, nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    Just realised that for the coordinates of R, I got fuddled and put (3(p+q),3pq) as the coordinates. In my working above you can clearly see me put x = 3pq and y= 3(p+q) and in past paper mark schemes, edexcel seem to vary a lot with the requirement for writing coordinates, so I don't know how many marks I've lost...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneOneFour)
    Just realised that for the coordinates of R, I got fuddled and put (3(p+q),3pq) as the coordinates. In my working above you can clearly see me put x = 3pq and y= 3(p+q) and in past paper mark schemes, edexcel seem to vary a lot with the requirement for writing coordinates, so I don't know how many marks I've lost...
    Probably 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattematics)
    Shouldn't lose one, but there's only one past question for matrices and it was worth 5, so I have no idea what the extra one is supposed to be for. I did the same thing as you, nonetheless.
    I don't think we'll get the whole 6 marks.
    If we're lucky, we'll get 5 if not 4.
    I think you may get the 6th mark by showing how you get from -1/4(5^k-1)-5^k, to -1/4(5^k+1 -1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do u have to put the coordinates for the matrix induction question to get full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

F1 solutions, very similar paper to FP1

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post55854835

(Original post by Arsey)
    F1 solutions, very similar paper to FP1

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post55854835
    I know you hate answering these questions but do you honestly think the FP1 paper could be less than 60 for an A like some people are suggesting?

(Original post by BBeyond)
    I know you hate answering these questions but do you honestly think the FP1 paper could be less than 60 for an A like some people are suggesting?
    I really cannot see it. Only once in the 11 papers has it been under 61, only twice under 62, for an A. It had a couple of tricky bits but it really wasn't that hard.

I'd randomly guess 62.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by dandroff)
    Do u have to put the coordinates for the matrix induction question to get full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think so

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Arsey)
    I really cannot see it. Only once in the 11 papers has it been under 61, only twice under 62, for an A. It had a couple of tricky bits but it really wasn't that hard.

I'd randomly guess 62.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah was that June 13? How much harder was that then this paper if you can remember? cheers man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I don't think so

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok thank u arsey

ReputationRep:
    For 8b) How many marks would i get for getting the correct tangents for both points P and Q, setting them equal but getting the coordinates incorrect?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.