Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I swear in my real life out of all the black girls I know every single black girl I have on Facebook (there are hundreds) none of them are interested in any of that stuff they consider it 'acting white'.
    Even if it is 'acting white', I dont care what other people think. I do the things I want to do, I don't conform to what other black people do or say. I've been called an oreo or a coconut more times than I can count .

I'm own person and I will not be defined by my race. I don't think you should be defining other black girls by stereotypes either because not all girls are like that. You've just never met 'the diamond in the rough'.

(Original post by undine_monty)
    Even if it is 'acting white', I dont care what other people think. I do the things I want to do, I don't conform to what other black people do or say. I've been called an oreo or a coconut more times than I can count .

I'm own person and I will not be defined by my race. I don't think you should be defining other black girls by stereotypes either because not all girls are like that. You've just never met 'the diamond in the rough'.
    Yeah I mean some of things I like only seem to be liked by middle class whites too, I don't even know any black people that read books except for religious books and nobody from my area is interested in anything but the hip hop/gangsta lifestyle I mean I used to be like them too so i understand them, but I got bored of doing the same things over and over so I opened up my mind to other things now I can't find anyone to share these interests with who is not white lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Are you only interested in a relationship where the guy has money and bling and materialistic possessions? Do other things come into consideration or is it only money and popularity that matter?

The reason why I want to ask only black girls is because I am strongly attracted to a lot of black chicks but I find that when I look at their attitude towards life or their instagram page it's always full of the "money over everything" hip hop/ghetto/ "make it rain" hood stripper motto on life. I used to think like this too but have since moved on mentally, money isn't everything to me.

Overwhelmingly black girls seem to be like this "only thing that matters is money baby". I can never find a black girl with other interests outside of money and buying materialistic things and showing off for popularity, but with white chicks you've got the materialistic ones but you can also find ones that have other interests too, but I can't find no black girls that stand out from the hip hop sorta girls.
    I'm 3/4 black and 1/4 black and to be honest I think that it quite a ridiculous question that is just plain and simply stereotypes and that is probably the main reason why it doesn't work for you. Being as narrow minded as your statement was will offend many people and coming from someone who has grown up with high morals and goes to a school in Sevenoaks I can assure you that is not the case. Generalisations exist within every racial group but each individual will have their own outlook on life and I am very certain that there are also white, Asian and other groups who are purely 'money motivated'.
    Honestly, its time to let go of stereotypes like that because it can actually be hurtful being judged and assumed to be a certain type of way; that actually limits what black or other ethnic groups can do because if you along with many others feel that way how are we supposed to try and engage with you or interact with different people. I understand that some black girls do portray themselves negatively but what you need to grasp is that every individual has different morals.
    Suggestion-maybe search elsewhere from instagram to find the love of your life and you may have better luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I mean some of things I like only seem to be liked by middle class whites too, I don't even know any black people that read books except for religious books and nobody from my area is interested in anything but the hip hop/gangsta lifestyle I mean I used to be like them too so i understand them, but I got bored of doing the same things over and over so I opened up my mind to other things now I can't find anyone to share these interests with who is not white lmao.
    Could you not be open minded to dating girls of other races because of this?

If not, why are you only attracted to black girls but don't accept the lifestyle the majority of them have?

Surely, if you were attracted to a girl, you would be okay with the things she likes to do.

ReputationRep:
    Don't generalise please.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    come on guys its exams time. cut this BS and focus

ReputationRep:
    Okay look here.

Two of the most difficult things in this world to be is black and the other is a woman. Being these two things means that on social hierarchy we are always at the bottom of every kind of food chain. Often, this means that black women are perceived as the lowest of all kinds of social hierarchy. The question is how do you climb this to achieve what you want? Money.

Yes, some of us can be ghetto and ratchet but I consider that more of a cultural thing. I can assure you, I love twerking, clapping my hands when I speak and flicking my weave etc. but I am also studious, motivated and intelligent.

Money and material objects are a form of security and most of the time the money that black women are going on about is actually their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiannajohnson)
    Okay look here.

Two of the most difficult things in this world to be is black and the other is a woman. Being these two things means that on social hierarchy we are always at the bottom of every kind of food chain. Often, this means that black women are perceived as the lowest of all kinds of social hierarchy. The question is how do you climb this to achieve what you want? Money.

Yes, some of us can be ghetto and ratchet but I consider that more of a cultural thing. I can assure you, I love twerking, clapping my hands when I speak and flicking my weave etc. but I am also studious, motivated and intelligent.

Money and material objects are a form of security and most of the time the money that black women are going on about is actually their own.
    One of the most difficult things in this world is to be black? I think you might be exaggerating there.

You're also not considering the experiences of other races which is kinda small minded tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm mixed race and I am primarily attracted to dark skin black girls. However, I am finding most of them have the same attitude towards the world and to life as most hood people do. I want to know where I can find black girls that have other interests other than materialism.
    Right here *waves to you*

ReputationRep:
    Are you only interested in a relationship where the guy has money and bling and materialistic possessions? Do other things come into consideration or is it only money and popularity that matter?

The reason why I want to ask only black girls is because I am strongly attracted to a lot of black chicks but I find that when I look at their attitude towards life or their instagram page it's always full of the "money over everything" hip hop/ghetto/ "make it rain" hood stripper motto on life. I used to think like this too but have since moved on mentally, money isn't everything to me.

Overwhelmingly black girls seem to be like this "only thing that matters is money baby". I can never find a black girl with other interests outside of money and buying materialistic things and showing off for popularity, but with white chicks you've got the materialistic ones but you can also find ones that have other interests too, but I can't find no black girls that stand out from the hip hop sorta girls.
    The biggest barrier to you not being with a black girl is your stupidness.

Just spent the day with a group of my professional colleagues. We are all black. We all earn more than our partners. We can all afford to buy our own bling if we want it. And none of us would never go for anyone like you because your short sightedness require major treatment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a black girl

but tldr for me.

ReputationRep:
    Not all black girls are like this, but still... just stop going after the ghetto ones lool
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ParadiseFound)
    Hi, um. Are you a parking ticket ?
    No :innocent:

Post a picture of yourself OP?

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Not all black girls think about money and materials.

ReputationRep:
    > OP posts wanting to meet black girls with certain interests but is mad racist at the same time
    > A ****tonne of black girls with "non ghetto" interests show up to prove OP wrong
    > OP is racist af to all of them too

Fam if this is how to talk to ppl i'm not surprised you're single

(Original post by cat-pook)
    > OP posts wanting to meet black girls with certain interests but is mad racist at the same time
    > A ****tonne of black girls with "non ghetto" interests show up to prove OP wrong
    > OP is racist af to all of them too

Fam if this is how to talk to ppl i'm not surprised you're single
    Nothing I have said is racist, I am also half black and most attracted to black girls mostly over all other girls. Since you're gay it doesn't surprise me though that you cry 'racism' or 'bigotry' or 'discrimination' at every small petty thing. Gays are known for being big cry babies. Nobody respects your kind in the hood. Loool

ReputationRep:
    Nothing I have said is racist, I am also half black and most attracted to black girls mostly over all other girls. Since you're gay it doesn't surprise me though that you cry 'racism' or 'bigotry' or 'discrimination' at every small petty thing. Gays are known for being big cry babies. Nobody respects your kind in the hood. Loool
    Ahh, sorry, my bad. You're racist, misogynistic AND homophobic. Thanks for assuming I'm gay, btw. I mean, you were wrong, but nice try. Playing the "half black card" despite being on anon is... well, I don't think anyone here believes you. It doesn't matter if you were literally the blackest person on earth, you're still being racist. I don't really understand how you don't get that. You're ****ting on these BLACK women because they are doing RACIALLY STEREOTYPICAL THINGS that you vehemently dislike, and refuse to believe that women of a certain RACE can behave differently despite people literally proving you wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I would say someone who listens to Nicki Minaj isn't very mature, and more intelligence comes with more maturity. A girl who prefers to listen to Nas or Black Sabbath instead of Drake and Iggy Azelia is obviously a bit more intellectually interesting. Most people who listen to Minaj probably don't read books either and use slang and text talk when having a conversation.
    Based on what research? Predicted A*s and I'll blast Nicki any day because she not only encourages her fans to be educated but is an advocate and supporter of it. Also, dialect isn't based on music taste and neither is intelligence, stop being so pretentious and misogynistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha.o)
    Based on what research? Predicted A*s and I'll blast Nicki any day because she not only encourages her fans to be educated but is an advocate and supporter of it. Also, dialect isn't based on music taste and neither is intelligence, stop being so pretentious and misogynistic.
    Nailed. It.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.