Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiaelli)
    what did you put for the reading comprehension about the look of the men and women for the interview?
    For men i put costume et chassures de couleurs neutres. And for women jupe, chaussures noires et pas beaucoup de maquillage

ReputationRep:
    no idea what 'tourisme bleu' was about although i knew it was to do with the sea...i put 'la lecture' ugh feel like Im gonna get a B

ReputationRep:
    I had 5 false listening statements, I put connaissants and I think I spelled professionel wrong.

The readings I could understand but some questions were odd? Le tourisme bleu et vert huh...

Bon an mal an was idiomatic so I didnt have a clue and didn't know what récracher meant.

Chose the loisirs question and i'm regretting it now. I talked about how sport activities might be better because it lowers stress whilst losing weight yet you can lower your anxieties through non sporting past times as well so it's a fact of choosing what you want to do with your time than being forced to do something. A balanced life should be about work as well as rest and play. I just don't think I put my points across well nor answered the question correctly.

ReputationRep:
    I did the fashion essay and mainly said it had a bad influence on youths: it could cause arguments between youths and their mothers if they don't have enough money, they feel intimidated by others if they can't afford it, youths want to be like models on the tv so they follow a diet and it can lead to eating disorders, i said some youths think that fashion is more important than other things like family and school, some youths spend too much money on it and that they hide their true identity. For Positives i put that it can sometimes improve your confidence and make you feel better in your skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swifty139)
    I had 5 false listening statements, I put connaissants and I think I spelled professionel wrong.

The readings I could understand but some questions were odd? Le tourisme bleu et vert huh...

Bon an mal an was idiomatic so I didnt have a clue and didn't know what récracher meant.

Chose the loisirs question and i'm regretting it now. I talked about how sport activities might be better because it lowers stress whilst losing weight yet you can lower your anxieties through non sporting past times as well so it's a fact of choosing what you want to do with your time than being forced to do something. A balanced life should be about work as well as rest and play. I just don't think I put my points across well nor answered the question correctly.
    did anyone put any subjunctives in the essay?

ReputationRep:
    I translated Bon an mal an to "year in year out"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petulia)
    I translated Bon an mal an to "year in year out"
    i think that is correct, how did you translate the rest of the sentence?

ReputationRep:
    premierière - leading ? I thought that would've been better rather than ''the first' thus I wrote : Year in, year out, France is (the most) leading tourist destination.

ReputationRep:
    Did you anyone put frequemment instead of rapidment for Eurostar fill in the gap bit?

ReputationRep:
    Managed to squeeze in 3 haha

ReputationRep:
    Quite a lot...

- Bien que
    - Quoique
    - Tant que
    - Pourvu que

etc..

BUT my points weren't great and I usually get:
    QR: 14/20
    A: 9/9
    R: 5/5

So i'm aiming for around that again. Who knows, the examiner might think my points are good at give me 18/20 for QR but my accuracy wasn't 9/10 so maybe 7-8/10. Really can't tell :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Managed to squeeze in 3 haha
    i put three in too! I used savoir, faire and pouvoir in the subjunctive form

ReputationRep:
    i think that is correct, how did you translate the rest of the sentence?

The invigilator let us take a copy of the booklet with the text inside to show our teacher and she roughly translated everything for us:

1. "Do not confuse taking a job at an office with (or "and" ) dressing to go out to a nightclub"
    2. "No need for you to invent imaginary qualities or experiences"
    3. "According to Marie, <<defining cultural tourism is not obvious/easy>>"
    4. "Year in, year out (or "whether it's a good year or a bad year" ), France is the number one/leading global tourist destination"
    5. "Tourists are now obliged to pass by the boutique/shop when they leave the site"

This is roughly all I can remember, this should be about right I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moni.cc.c)
    Did you anyone put frequemment instead of rapidment for Eurostar fill in the gap bit?
    Yes it was fréquemment it stated that the frequency of the trains increased by 14%

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the two reasons why boutiques are good for sites?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the two reasons why boutiques are good for sites?
    a range of things to buy at all different prices and tourists had to walk by the shop before they left the site

ReputationRep:
    a range of things to buy at all different prices and tourists had to walk by the shop before they left the site
    Im not sure if what I put was right cos I said they made money and also made people stay longer... Prolongued their time there

ReputationRep:
    Which five correct statements did people choose for the ticky-box question about jobs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJC97)
    Which five correct statements did people choose for the ticky-box question about jobs?
    The first one, the one about respecting the person, the sports people one, all I remember

ReputationRep:
    The first one, the one about respecting the person, the sports people one, all I remember
    I put those 3
    I also put the one about salary and the other about giving valid responses

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.