Turn on thread page Beta

You deserve to die if you eat meat watch

ReputationRep:
    La howla walla ku wata illa billa :|
    I didn't ask for an essay relaxxx
    Getting bare emotional raaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GailQ)
    When the whole world is ****ed from global warming, it's not really going to be because humans eat meat. They've been doing that since day 1.
    I can't understand why you find it so hard to accept that humans are OMNIvorous animals, and as OMNIvorous animals we will eat anything. That's just how we were made. So how can it be wrong?

Why is it wrong that we have simply learned more complex and efficient methods of predation than other species?
    I understand that humans have morals that animals do not, but why should eating meat fall under the "immoral" category when it is simply human nature.
    a large part of the problem of global warming is meat eating, i know it sounds unlikely but eating meat contributes more to global warming than the exhaust fumes from all forms of transport combined. conservative estimates say that 18% of greenhouse gas emissions are from animal agriculture, while other estimates put that figure at 51%. the more conservative estimates dont acount for deforestation caused by animal agriculture (91% of amazon lost so far is due a result of cutting down trees for space for cows to graze and to grow their feedcrops), the trees would have absorbed so mcuh CO2.

using the argument of weve been doing it from day one is not very good here, we havent been intensively rearing animals, using antibiotics, at such a rediculously large scale since day one. you dont even know humans ate meat from day one, i posted a comment just before this one, you should read it, we resemble herbivores more than we resemble carnivores and ominvores.

the reason it falls under the immoral category, is because, even if we did naturally eat meat, we have the intelligence to know it causes harm and the alternative foods to not need meat, therefore it is mean and selfish of us to continue doing it, i dont see how you can argue that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Tbh, global warming is a massive problem and if it genuinely - I mean 109% certain that it would help to solve this issue then as much as I adore chicken I would be more than willing to give this up.

My inner carnivore is going against me but I think, despite being all for myself sometimes....I won't be selfish.

Yes all of you who are stating that you'd rather digest a piece of meat than contribute to the world as a whole in order to provide a better future are SELFISH. There are many other varieties of food which are available as a substitute and personally I'm sure I'll get over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well good for you. Guess what? That's YOUR choice, and you're perfectly entitled to it. But you know what else? You're not entitled to tell anyone else what to eat (funny that) and you can call us SELFISH all you want. Honestly, that's your opinion and I don't care.

Here's a reality check. For veganism to have a significant effect on reducing global warming, it would needed to be adopted by a pretty significant majority of the population. Here's a few reasons why that's never going to happen:

1. Old habits die hard - you're going to have a hard time of convincing people to to something as drastic as changing the diet they've always known, especially when it is innate

2. There are a heck of a lot of people living in poverty - who unfortunately don't have the luxury of going to a supermarket for their nicely seasoned tofu. Try telling those people to pick and choose what they eat

3. There are far too many individuals, firms and companies with too much to lose if everyone where to go vegan. The global economy will simply not allow it.

So yes, please do continue to give up meat if you choose to. It may well be a great lifestyle choice. But if you're doing it in the hope that global warming is going to go away anytime soon then don't hold your breath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GailQ)
    Please tell me that you're not seriously trying to argue now that humans aren't really omnivores.
    we are omnivores, obviously, cos we eat meat. im just saying that the canine teeth argument is irrelevant as many herbivores have canine teeth. and we only eat cooked meat, carnivores can cope with raw meat better cos their stomachs are more acidic whereas ours are less acidic so we need to cook the meat. cooking the meat was obviously not the ancestral way, we developed it. cows are naturally herbivores, but if we only provide them with meat to eat then they can eat it

and the omnivore arguement is irrelevant as it doesnt change the fact that we are unecessarily harming living things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Wait, hold on...how will reducing our consumption of meat help to reduce global warming?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I highly recommend dowloading the documentary Cowspiracy and watching it to get your answer.
    Unfortunately, on this thread, the answers are going to be biased so you can't trust any of them.

But PLEASE watch that documentary. It will change your life, I promise.

ReputationRep:
    Deserve to die, huh? Bad news, we all die. So what if I get there sooner, I have no will to be a frail old man. I've seen it and I don't like it.

You know what's worse? Being a conceited Vegan who looks down on others but them, talking about health and life. For views on Youtube. Yet never mentioning actual world problems. 'Eating meat is bad, it's bad for... Palestine? It seems pretty bad... but do they eat meat?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GailQ)

2. There are a heck of a lot of people living in poverty - who unfortunately don't have the luxury of going to a supermarket for their nicely seasoned tofu. Try telling those people to pick and choose what they eat
    That's a bad argument right there. Potatoes, beans, rice, veggies, bread, fruit - the cheapest foods on the market.

Contrary to your beliefs, most vegans do not live off of tofu, nor do they *require* it in their diet. Same goes for mock-meats and other more pricey foods.

Also, lets talk about how the poor countries actually eat all the cheap foods I mentioned above. Why? Because meat is the expensive luxury which cannot be afforded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Dogs are kept as pets. If someone killed a pet dog most people would be quite rightly disgusted.

I know someone (probably you) is going to bring up dog remeat, but there are issues with that in the Asian countries where it is eaten.
    Those countries often have little in the way of animal welfare laws, and I've heard of pet and stray animals getting caught up in it. We may have factory farms in the UK but at least we have fairly decent laws to govern it, which is more than can be said for a lot of other countries.
    But what If somebody wanted to taste dog do they killed their dog and ate it?

Surely you can't criticise them for doing that if you eat meat?

ReputationRep:
    Got to laugh at the non-religious people saying we where designed to eat meat. Surely they must see the logic fail in that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    brb animal farming is much more inefficient way of making food as apposed to crops etc.
    can they grow chickens yet tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omarkhatri)
    Okay I agree with you...
    But answer this...why do we have canines if we're not men to eat meat?

You will find the answer in the video. All backed up with research.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omarkhatri)
    Okay I agree with you...
    But answer this...why do we have canines if we're not men to eat meat?
    What even?
    Why where we given hands if we aren't meant to strangle people?

It has nothing to do with meant to, humans just decided to eat animals.

ReputationRep:
    I'm vegan because I want to save lives. So to say that meat-eaters should die goes completely against vegan philosophy, because vegans are inherently pro-life. Whilst I don't like that most people eat meat, I still recognise and respect their freedom to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GailQ)
    Well good for you. Guess what? That's YOUR choice, and you're perfectly entitled to it. But you know what else? You're not entitled to tell anyone else what to eat (funny that) and you can call us SELFISH all you want. Honestly, that's your opinion and I don't care.

Here's a reality check. For veganism to have a significant effect on reducing global warming, it would needed to be adopted by a pretty significant majority of the population. Here's a few reasons why that's never going to happen:

1. Old habits die hard - you're going to have a hard time of convincing people to to something as drastic as changing the diet they've always known, especially when it is innate

3. There are far too many individuals, firms and companies with too much to lose if everyone where to go vegan. The global economy will simply not allow it.

So yes, please do continue to give up meat if you choose to. It may well be a great lifestyle choice. But if you're doing it in the hope that global warming is going to go away anytime soon then don't hold your breath.
    Wooh!- yes it is my choice.
    To be honest, my comment was based on the idea that if all of us as a whole collaborated and decided to become vegans would it definitely reduce global warming? And if the answer was yes then that was my response.

I did ask prior to this comment how being a vegan would reduce the effects of global warming and no one replied so I thought I'd make a comment on what I'd do if that were the case.-

I wasn't trying to convince people at all haah, I called you all selfish bc I had the impression that you would not commit to such a thing if that were the scenario and personally I think I would have a right to call you selfish if you did so....

After reading your final paragrpah and points, I think I may have misunderstood. I thought you were all discussing a "What-if" sort of scenario bahhaa. That's hilarious- I didn't actually mean that I was going to wake up tomorrow, remove all forms of protein from my refrigerator and become the vegan that I was destined to be in order to save my planet.

What I meant was- if eradicating meat from our diets would help to reduce global warming then why not just do it and comments like "bc steak" - seemed incredibly selfish in this scenario, yes. But ofc it seems we are both referring to different matters.

Oh no, I'm not doing it at all lol. Chicken for life.

After reading this comment, please re-read what I had written before then it may make more sense. I apologise if I may have offended you in anyway haha.- genuinely. I didn't mean to, you just all seemed so irrational.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreamer4life)
    That's a bad argument right there. Potatoes, beans, rice, veggies, bread, fruit - the cheapest foods on the market.

Contrary to your beliefs, most vegans do not live off of tofu, nor do they *require* it in their diet. Same goes for mock-meats and other more pricey foods.

Also, lets talk about how the poor countries actually eat all the cheap foods I mentioned above. Why? Because meat is the expensive luxury which cannot be afforded.
    Sorry, but I don't agree. People in poor countries eat what they can get. Many people rely on methods such as subsistence farming/fishing. And I can assure you, they do eat meat if they can get it. And they are not going to stop eating it to solve global warming.

I am well aware that most vegans do not live off tofu, thank you. I also think you are quite aware that I was not saying that they do so, but if that makes you feel that you have undermined my argument then ok.
    The point being made is that you cannot dictate what poor people will eat, and it is a lot easier to be vegan in a developed country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daydreamer4life)
    I highly recommend dowloading the documentary Cowspiracy and watching it to get your answer.
    Unfortunately, on this thread, the answers are going to be biased so you can't trust any of them.

But PLEASE watch that documentary. It will change your life, I promise.
    Aw okay, I'll be sure to watch it. I've subscribed to the thread so I won't forget. Lol, what page is it on in this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are are far too many ignorant comments on this thread. I don't agree with what Freelee is saying but that doesn't mean you guys get to say crap to other vegans.

Of course, you could always educate yourself by watching some documentaries before being ignorant:

Really hope people can take the time to watch it and see why so many have chosen veganism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ngb9320)
    humans just decided to eat people.
    Oh my gosh lol, can you please stop with these kind of responses.. What on earth lol.

I dont nor do I believe anyone else in this thread considers the local farm cow, a person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I could probably go veggie as a lot of my meals are anyway. But I couldn't go vegan. I love cheese far too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GailQ)
    Sorry, but I don't agree. People in poor countries eat what they can get. Many people rely on methods such as subsistence farming/fishing. And I can assure you, they do eat meat if they can get it. And they are not going to stop eating it to solve global warming.

I am well aware that most vegans do not live off tofu, thank you. I also think you are quite aware that I was not saying that they do so, but if that makes you feel that you have undermined my argument then ok.
    The point being made is that you cannot dictate what poor people will eat, and it is a lot easier to be vegan in a developed country.
    You totally miss the point here. I was replying to your comment stating that they can't afford to have a vegan diet. Well yes they can, as you just agreed. Whether they choose it for themselves is another entirely different topic that I never even mentioned.
    I was in no way *dictating* to them what to eat.

Well done for twisting my words around. I'm not even the person talking about the global warming thing. I replied so that you could see what a bad argument you were using, saying they cant afford to be vegan. If they wanted to, yes they can. Of course they can bloody choose what they eat. Don't make assumptions about what I've said.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.