Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyc123)
    Leeds start interviewing end of November/beginning of December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Just sent off my UCAS form for Bangor adult nursing. Feeling so nervous, it's all in their hands now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    Whilst I'm sure the unis like you to have some science study, it doesn't really matter unless you're applying for postgrad because they will teach you all the science you need to know! (They obviously like you to have a relevant degree for PgDip because you lose a year of teaching.)

Good luck!
    Thank you very much! I know I thought that, and the uni's I want have said my qualifications sound fine, Just express my health experience and training within my statement, I've had lots of training about the medical aspect of nursing as I work as a medical outpatients nursing assistant, so I sit in on a lot of clinics about gastro and cardiology etc. Ive tried to fit all that in as best as i could but its so hard with the statement being only 4000 characters. Goodluck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Won't be applying until November or December as applying via college. They need to give me a reference and check over my application. Applying to 4 in the South East region and one in the North East! For adult nursing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_Rosie)
    Hi! Got an acknowldgment from Birmingham so hopefully they'll get back soon 😀 how's your PS coming along??
    Sorry, my reply is rather late. My personal statement is so close to being ready to being sent off. I have had 8 different versions of my personal statement as, like everyone else, I want it to be perfect! I am now just looking at my personal statement and going to send it for a final time to my careers advisor!

I am glad you have had an acknowledgement from one of the unis at least! I am so, so nervous and scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurechildnurse)
    Sorry, my reply is rather late. My personal statement is so close to being ready to being sent off. I have had 8 different versions of my personal statement as, like everyone else, I want it to be perfect! I am now just looking at my personal statement and going to send it for a final time to my careers advisor!

I am glad you have had an acknowledgement from one of the unis at least! I am so, so nervous and scared!
    Ooh hopefully you can send it off soon! I've been waiting less than a week and I'm getting impatient already I'm soo nervous too, so scary to think that someone is literally making a decision about your future and there's not much you can do once it's been sent

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off at 6.30am the day applications opened (15/9). I have had an acknowledgement from Southampton but nothing yet from Bournemouth (I only applied to 2 places)

I am so impatient so the last 12 days has felt like an eternity!!

ReputationRep:
    @M_E_Rosie, hoping that this week my careers adviser will get back in touch with me. Then I will contact my college tutor to do my reference

Do you know if individual applicants have to have their reference completed before we can send it off? So confused about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurechildnurse)
    @M_E_Rosie, hoping that this week my careers adviser will get back in touch with me. Then I will contact my college tutor to do my reference

Do you know if individual applicants have to have their reference completed before we can send it off? So confused about that.
    I am a mature student so applied as an individual. My reference was done before I could send in the application.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    @Kat129 thank you for the reply. Best get my college tutor to do it soon then!

Good luck to you too! Let us know if you get interviews/a place. X

ReputationRep:
    Still no acknowledgements apart from Kings (and nothing from them since!) Anyone else having more luck? :/

ReputationRep:
    Got really excited this morning as I received an email from Southampton Uni.

Slightly disappointed that it was just an acknowledgement email to go with the acknowledgement postcard I received last week.

I hate this waiting!!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing but kings and Middlesex acknowledgements.... Grrr

ReputationRep:
    Branch: mental health nursing

Uni(s) applying to: Middlesex, Lincoln, GCU, RGU, and Stirling

Relevant experience/extra info: volunteering at a special needs school and a care home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neveaustin)
    Hi

Branch: Nursing ( child field )

Uni(s): Glasgow Caledonian University, University of Dundee, Edinburgh Napier University & Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen.

Work experience: I am currently working at a school for children with additional support needs two afternoons a week as part of my school work. I have had previous experience working with kids earlier on whilst being in a nursery for kids ages 3-5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg hi! I'm applying to GCU and RGU as well! I'm going for mental health nursing, have you heard anything back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Branch: Adult

Uni(s) applying to: Stirling Univeristy, Glasgow Caledonian, Edinburgh Napier and UWS

Relevant experience/extra info: Working on the bank at a care home, on the bank as a nursing assistant/ auxillary nurse at my local hospital. I've done a heart start first aid training course too. Hoping to get some more experience at other places before I send off my application.

ReputationRep:
    Branch: Adult Nursing
    Uni(s) applying to: Staffordshire University
    Relevant experience/extra info: I am currently working in a dementia unit and have done for two years. As part of my job I have learnt how to be patient, work under stressful circumstances, work as part of a team when you are under pressure, how to support a resident and their families and how to look out for changes in their behaviour which could mean they have an infection. I have also had the opportunity to learn how to take blood pressure, check the pulse and temperature.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone
    Branch: PG Dip Adult Nursing
    Applying to: Greenwich, City, and LSBU
    Work Experience: Previous student nurse for 2 years. Healthcare Assistant for the last 2 years for Barts Health!

ReputationRep:
    Been waiting for my boss to write my reference for a week now! Can't wait to finally send my application yet I'm dreading it as well haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sansarya)
    Been waiting for my boss to write my reference for a week now! Can't wait to finally send my application yet I'm dreading it as well haha
    I am in the exact same position! So nervous, but excited at the same time! I hope your boss doesn't take too long to write your reference, so you can send it off.

Good luck! x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.