Turn on thread page Beta

EU Referendum: Campaign to leave the European Union watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who should be elected campaign leader?
    RotatingPhasor
    4.17%
    Tahret
    0%
    Adam9317
    12.50%
    Nigel Farage MEP
    54.17%
    United1892
    16.67%
    PetrosAC
    4.17%
    Hazzer1998
    8.33%

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Im up for that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    If the CT are unwilling or unable to provide a suitable means of doing it, then they can hardly complain when activity goes off-site.
    Agreed...

I don't think it's against any rules anyway so if people are up for it, then so am I
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I don't think this is against the rules, but what if I offered up an off site forum which could be used for the duration of this!? (It's one a friend had a while back, whom doesn't use it now, but I have access, and could repurpose it so that we could have somewhere private for campaign purposes?)
    Directing users offsite gets classed as advertising I'm afraid :sadnod:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jarred)
    Directing users offsite gets classed as advertising I'm afraid :sadnod:
    Hahaha?! So, surely entire parties should get warned/banned due to directing them off site to other businesses/products (ie. Skype)... Although no action is taken against that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't work for the company so I can't answer any of that. Bare in mind half of this is just me putting two and two together from talks about usergroups I had years ago, a lot of what I'm saying could be complete nonsense so I'll stop because I get the feeling I'm doing more harm than good.

The best I can say is that the possibility of subfora for this event was discussed and it wasn't deemed feasible. Now, if I can think of a solution that uses what we already have available in the community which doesn't require anything excessive then we'll roll with it but otherwise I guess we will just have to use these threads :dontknow: Gimme a few days though and we'll see.
    Okay, cheers. To be clear, I wasn't trying to attribute the ‘guilt’ to you and I'm sure we all appreciate any background information that we can get, however the exact reasons would be best.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Hahaha?! So, surely entire parties should get warned/banned due to directing them off site to other businesses/products (ie. Skype)... Although no action is taken against that.
    If it's posted up in the forum as a 'Guys join this thing now please' then yeah. If it's people privately sharing contact details as friends then no.

(Original post by Life_peer)
    Okay, cheers. To be clear, I wasn't trying to attribute the ‘guilt’ to you and I'm sure we all appreciate any background information that we can get, however the exact reasons would be best.
    No worries. I'll explore the other options like I said and go from there.

ReputationRep:
    Jarred I have another idea, you can move any threads in the crisis committee forum to the disused government forum, doing the same for the UKIP forum; that way both sides will have a private forum to use. The crisis committee has some members from this side of the campaign in but those members can easily leave for the duration of the referendum without leaving a party, and all of that can be done in house we would not have to burden the Community Team with any further work that will cause TSR to slow down.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    If it's posted up in the forum as a 'Guys join this thing now please' then yeah. If it's people privately sharing contact details as friends then no.

No worries. I'll explore the other options like I said and go from there.
    Well, yeh... that's quite obviously going to be advertising - all I'm offering is a solution to a problem that so far TSR don't seem able to fix (despite it being so easy and simple, with possibly 1-2 ms performance hinderance for the next 3-4 weeks...)

Anyway, I've come up with a solution!!

Just re-purpose the Security Council and UN usergroups... Therefore, no extra usergroups added!

(Or do what Nigel suggested!)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Jarred I have another idea, you can move any threads in the crisis committee to the disused government forum, and do the same for the UKIP forum; that way both sides will have a private forum to use. As all of that can be done in house we would not have to burden the Community Team with any further work that will cause TSR to slow down.
    And have people either join the crisis committee for one side, and UKIP for the other...? Sounds like a good simple solution which can be done almost immediately - nice one!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ah the CC is private? :holmes: Since I'm in everywhere I just assumed it was public to view, private to post - like the lobby. For a moment there I was genuinely considering re-purposing somewhere like the Centre Party as a temporary dumping ground and then using another party for the in-camp. What a mess :lol: The CC could definitely work as an option. Thanks Nigel
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Ah the CC is private? :holmes: Since I'm in everywhere I just assumed it was public to view, private to post - like the lobby. For a moment there I was genuinely considering re-purposing somewhere like the Centre Party as a temporary dumping ground and then using another party for the in-camp. What a mess :lol: The CC could definitely work as an option. Thanks Nigel
    Wait, are all the old sub forums just sitting there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Wait, are all the old sub forums just sitting there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Virtually nothing on TSR is ever deleted If you've posted and you can't see it now, it'll be around somewhere!

Would be very interesting to see the old stuff which is no longer here actually!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Any chance of getting back on topic, or is everybody nor done nominating themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Any chance of getting back on topic, or is everybody nor done nominating themselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you nominate yourself!?

In any case, we'll probably wait for in depth discussion until Birchington has decided whether or not to go ahead with Nigel's idea of using the CC and UKIP sub-forum!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

In any case, we'll probably wait for in depth discussion until Birchington has decided whether or not to go ahead with Nigel's idea of using the CC and UKIP sub-forum!
    I have done already, in the 20s for post count I recall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I have done already, in the 20s for post count I recall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh ok haha! Nice!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

I will be happy for you to use the Crisis Committee subforum, as this will remove any risks of spying or misuse of a party subforum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    I will be happy for you to use the Crisis Committee subforum, as this will remove any risks of spying or misuse of a party subforum.
    But how is it fair to use the CC (quiet as it may be) as for the NO campaign when it is currently mixed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    But how is it fair to use the CC (quiet as it may be) as for the NO campaign when it is currently mixed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The creation of new usergroups is my priority. Until I hear back from Queen Cersei, no subforum should be used for purposes of each campaign. Her feedback will then decide how we proceed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    The creation of new usergroups is my priority. Until I hear back from Queen Cersei, no subforum should be used for purposes of each campaign. Her feedback will then decide how we proceed.
    Mr Speaker.

I believe, according to a previously discussed timeline; the vote for the leader for the campaign groups should commence, with all people having had 3 days to stand!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Birchington How will the EU team leader elections work? Will anyone be eligible to vote or just the people supporting that campaign?

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.