Turn on thread page Beta

Please be honest: would you date a girl who has had one night stands? watch

Announcements

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't think I would date a girl who lives that kind of lifestyle.

Those guys could be carrying diseases that can pass down to the girl and other people as well.

It's like a domino effect.
    I understand your concern about STDs. But I am disease free... I only had penetrative sex with one guy and we used a condom. The others were oral/manual. I had several complete checks at the GUM clinic and got the all clear.

I understand your concern about STDs. But I am disease free... I only had penetrative sex with one guy and we used a condom. The others were oral/manual. I had several complete checks at the GUM clinic and got the all clear.
    yeah but this tells a guy a lot about your standards...

and when you end up being with him he's always going to have second thoughts. You cant wife no thots.

(Original post by trapking)
    Hmm tough one....I would maybe date her if i found her attractive (a big maybe though) but to be honest i wouldn't regard her as 'wifey' material....I would just end up thinking she was easy and had no standards for herself.
    This is a bit of a fear of mine actually. I fear dating someone who only saw me good enough for the short term, or even as a girlfriend, and consciously knew they were going to dump me later as I'm not 'wife material'. I would rather they didn't bother with me in the first place and told me what really thought of me rather than leading me on or making me believe something is real. But hey, beggars can't be choosers

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit of a fear of mine actually. I fear dating someone who only saw me good enough for the short term, or even as a girlfriend, and consciously knew they were going to dump me later as I'm not 'wife material'. I would rather they didn't bother with me in the first place and told me what really thought of me rather than leading me on or making me believe something is real. But hey, beggars can't be choosers
    well if we did that then the guy wouldnt get the sex :lol:

you might surprise him though :ahee:

yeah but this tells a guy a lot about your standards...

and when you end up being with him he's always going to have second thoughts. You cant wife no thots.
    What's a thot? Do you mean a wh**e?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would.

well if we did that then the guy wouldnt get the sex :lol:

you might surprise him though :ahee:
    I'm sorry what do you mean the guy wouldn't get the sex?

If you felt the need to go through all of that, then it's obvious that you didn't trust the men that you were sleeping with or know their medical history.

You must be careful with one night stands, because you won't have time to know the person and then it will be too late.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry what do you mean the guy wouldn't get the sex?
    well the guys first impression would be youre easy and have no standards....so if he told you this in the beginning you would obviously be put off by him saying this so you won't date him! If he finds you attractive physically he might lie just to "hit it" then once his bored dump your ass.

I'm just saying don't be surprised if that happens (just be careful and pick your guys carefully some wont mind)

(Original post by chocolate hottie)
    Actually guilt over masturbation is quite common apparently? It used to be more so because of the supposedly "sinful" aspect of it.

If you want to discuss any of this privately PM me. I don't pretend to be an expert but am a good listener so they tell me. Been through a lot myself sigh.

If not, have a good night and take care!
    Thanks so much for your help and kind words I'm sorry to hear you've been through a lot but your experience seems to have brought you a lot of empathy and wisdom These issues have caused me a lot of shame so I'm trying to retain my anon right now but I will defo consider PMing you

A Thot is a hoe/slut.

Thot = That hoe over there

If you felt the need to go through all of that, then it's obvious that you didn't trust the men that you were sleeping with or know their medical history.

You must be careful with one night stands, because you won't have time to know the person and then it will be too late.
    No I didn't trust them it's true. However I don't think trust is always enough to be honest as one can still get an STD in relationship, hell even a 'virgin' can get one. Of course one night stands do have a greater risk.

I don't plan on having another one night stand and yes it was reckless of me.

A Thot is a hoe/slut.
    Thot = That hoe over there
    I see. I take it you see me as a thot then?

yupp

You asked what the word "Thot" means, so we defined it for you.

No accusations/offence made.

No I didn't trust them it's true. However I don't think trust is always enough to be honest as one can still get an STD in relationship, hell even a 'virgin' can get one. Of course one night stands do have a greater risk.I don't plan on having another one night stand and yes it was reckless of me.
    it would be wrong to judge.

It's fine. As long as you're safe and leave everything in the past, I'm sure that a guy will accept and love you for who you are.

Never lose hope!

ReputationRep:
    Would keep it casual. Wouldn't want a serious relationship though. As already mentioned, not wifey material.

well the guys first impression would be youre easy and have no standards....so if he told you this in the beginning you would obviously be put off by him saying this so you won't date him! If he finds you attractive physically he might lie just to "hit it" then once his bored dump your ass.

I'm just saying don't be surprised if that happens (just be careful and pick your guys carefully some wont mind)
    If someone intends to have casual sex that's fine but they should just be upfront and communicate that rather than dress it up in a deceptively romantic way and use the person - even if the person perceives them to be 'easy', but that is just in my view. But hey what does anyone owe me? I guess I'm just a worthless, damaged thot anyway haha.

I would want to get to know a guy as a good friend before telling him about my past. I don't have a reputation or anything where he would know any of this info at first glance to try and hump me and dump me. The guy I am dating is actually virgin and he knows I am no we have not yet discussed any further than that but he has not tried anything on yet.

You asked what the word "Thot" means, so we defined it for you.

No accusations/offence made.
    Okay I wouldn't mind though it is free speech.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2015
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.