Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else on here dislike me? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    oh ok, is she the emoji thing? this one: :hifro:? talk about who u want it just shows u r a good friend
    No she isn't. :giggle:

Yeah that is what I was thinking also. But some people don't get it. They think I am weird because I like saying nice things about someone I am friends with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.C)
    you will be ok i believe in u
    Thank you, that means a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I think some people on here are being rather harsh.
    This is an open forum and William's posting and writing about things that interest him. He's doing it in his own style, as we all are. He likes talking to some person in particular, so what? I have some people on here that I like talking to more than others. I'm sure most of you do.

Post your views, share ideas, argue and debate but I feel its unnecessary to judge other people. You've never met them and hardly know what they're like based on some text on a screen. I've had users reply to me saying that I have ADHD, that I'm autistic or that I have X, Y and Z problem. How these people suddenly became medical professionals without a medical qualification or even meeting the person they're diagonising is beyond me.

I feel a lot of this is bordering on cyber bullying. God forbid, if something were to happen to these people that you're picking on, you would feel incredibly sick and terrible.

Anyways, don't jump on my back because of this post. I only wanted to share my thoughts.
    William, you sound like a nice guy with a good sense of humour and plenty of interesting things to say, and like I've said before, I genuinely enjoy reading your posts

ReputationRep:
    I dislike pretty much all your opinions, but you yourself seem disarmingly nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    I think some people on here are being rather harsh.
    This is an open forum and William's posting and writing about things that interest him. He's doing it in his own style, as we all are. He likes talking to some person in particular, so what? I have some people on here that I like talking to more than others. I'm sure most of you do.

Post your views, share ideas, argue and debate but I feel its unnecessary to judge other people. You've never met them and hardly know what they're like based on some text on a screen. I've had users reply to me saying that I have ADHD, that I'm autistic or that I have X, Y and Z problem. How these people suddenly became medical professionals without a medical qualification or even meeting the person they're diagonising is beyond me.

I feel a lot of this is bordering on cyber bullying. God forbid, if something were to happen to these people that you're picking on, you would feel incredibly sick and terrible.

Anyways, don't jump on my back because of this post. I only wanted to share my thoughts.
    William, you sound like a nice guy with a good sense of humour and plenty of interesting things to say, and like I've said before, I genuinely enjoy reading your posts
    Thank you. This really means a lot to me. The most well considered post of the thread so far.

ReputationRep:
    How these people suddenly became medical professionals without a medical qualification or even meeting the person they're diagonising is beyond me.
    That's why I said it's better he talk to a gp rather than me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    I dislike pretty much all your opinions, but you yourself seem disarmingly nice
    Wow, what a lovely thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you did. But the GP is rubbish, not a mental professional at all. I likely need counselling or something, but I don't want it. I have accepted who I am now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    Look at my gems I'll grab I'll buy the food, you get the drinks. I'm ready to party!
    m8 :cry2: 7 gem club welcomes ya with open arms. Drink's on me :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Yeah you did. But the GP is rubbish, not a mental professional at all. I likely need counselling or something, but I don't want it. I have accepted who I am now.
    I mean that as in a gp could refer you to a suitable professional, but nvm. Glad you're happy with who you are (just try not to creep out hilrho :mmm:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That really wasn't my point. Its not really anyones place or job on a forum to say that someone has a medical disorder - it really is harsh. You've never met the person and are basing your judgement on some text.

Imagine if you met someone in real life and within a few minutes of speaking to them, you said "I believe you may have ADHD or autism ..... but don't take my word for it, go see a doctor". Do you really see that as a socially acceptable statement in a conversation. Or even, would you be inclined to say that? Moreover, on here you don't even have the luxury of seeing or hearing the person you're accusing. No matter how thick skinned you are, no one likes to be judged, criticised and especially be told that they have a medical or mental disorder.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like a lot of your posts.

But you? I don't know you, and wouldn't assume to just from this forum.

You're probably alright, I'm guessing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    m8 :cry2: 7 gem club welcomes ya with open arms. Drink's on me :dance:
    Drink with who ever you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I mean that as in a gp could refer you to a suitable professional, but nvm. Glad you're happy with who you are (just try not to creep out hilrho :mmm:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have other people who can do that. I don't have to go to the GP.

I am not happy with who I am. I have just accepted it which enables me to be happy. Oh you don't know Hilrho if you think I creep her out by mentioning her all the time.

ReputationRep:
    That really wasn't my point. Its not really anyones place or job on a forum to say that someone has a medical disorder - it really is harsh. You've never met the person and are basing your judgement on some text.

Imagine if you met someone in real life and within a few minutes of speaking to them, you said "I believe you may have ADHD or autism ..... but don't take my word for it, go see a doctor". Do you really see that as a socially acceptable statement in a conversation. Or even, would you be inclined to say that? Moreover, on here you don't even have the luxury of seeing or hearing the person you're accusing. No matter how thick skinned you are, no one likes to be judged, criticised and especially be told that they have a medical or mental disorder.
    I'd be inclined to say if I thought it could be affecting their lives negatively (will mentioned he has no irl friends, nor that he wants any. That's not healthy). You act like autism is something to be ashamed of though :dontknow:
    Anyway, I've quite some experience with college-age people on the spectrum. I know the signs to look out for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got a PM from iAmanze saying why he doesn't like me and finds me irritating. So I was wonder if other people felt the same way and if you do please feel free to post on this thread or PM me.

I don't remember, I think I remember you being on my side in most debates so I guess you are cool!
    Unless I am mistaken and you are against me for being muslim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppacoffee)
    I don't remember, I think I remember you being on my side in most debates so I guess you are cool!
    Unless I am mistaken and you are against me for being muslim
    Why would I be against your for being a Muslim?

I oppose Liberalism.

ReputationRep:
    Drink with who ever you like.
    You're part of the 7 gem club too Wills, you get a hug :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I'd be inclined to say if it thought it could be affecting their lives negatively (will mentioned he has no irl friends, nor that he wants any. That's not healthy). You act like autism is something to be ashamed of though :dontknow:
    Anyway, I've quite some experience with college-age people on the spectrum. I know the signs to look out for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly? To a person you've just met? You would tell them that they have a medical disorder?
    I was merely using autism as an example (I also gave ADHD as an example). I never meant to suggest its anything to be ashamed of.

Its good you know the signs, but I just feel it is unnecessary to suggest someone has a disorder so openly. If you are genuinely worried for their health, then PM them and choose the right words. It honestly isn't a nice feeling to be told you have a disorder, especially when you don't have it and the person is simply doing it because they can either stay protected behind their screen or doing it to sound funny. That may not be you, and I wasn't singling you out.

ReputationRep:
    Why would I be against your for being a Muslim?

I oppose Liberalism.
    I dunno what that means but woop!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.