The Student Room Group

Mphil Management Cambridge 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hockeyswim
Hey gang,

Any news this week?

Hello! You are new, right? Welcome to the thread!
Well, there is still nothing happened and I think it is possible that we have been put on hold...
Original post by miremind
Hello! You are new, right? Welcome to the thread!
Well, there is still nothing happened and I think it is possible that we have been put on hold...

Hey, yeh new here! :smile: Yeh it's frustrating. I'd love to know sooner so that I can apply for other places if it falls through !
How long ago did you apply? I've been reading the main cambridge thread and now I'm not expecting a response until applications areclosed at the earliest!
Original post by EconomistJack
How long ago did you apply? I've been reading the main cambridge thread and now I'm not expecting a response until applications areclosed at the earliest!

I applied in September how about you? Yeh that's around mid February right?
Reply 104
Hi everyone, I've been reading this thread for a while and I am new here. I applied on December 14th and status is still the same-under consideration by department. Do you maybe now when we could expect some changes?
I applied in September how about you? Yeh that's around mid February right?

That's early! Mid October myself.
Yes - looking at the old threads, they occasionally give out offers before than but it's quite rare!
Reply 106
Hey, yeh new here! :smile: Yeh it's frustrating. I'd love to know sooner so that I can apply for other places if it falls through !

In past years some management applicants have heard as late as May and even June. Any other decent programmes are probably full by then, in fact some probably already have most applications in by now. Wouldn't it be prudent for you to apply for a couple of others as backup now, rather than waiting and then risking not having any decent programmes left should you oniy get a decision months down the line?
Reply 107
Hi All,I recently received offer for LSE MSc in International Management (IMEX) and is still waiting for the result from Cambridge MPhil in Management. The reason why I applied for the two programs is that I do not have enough work experience yet to apply for MBA and I am not sure if MBA is my ultimate goal.Could anyone kindly share their take on which to choose: LSE/ Cambridge/ MBA (apply next year)?
Reply 108
Hi everyone :smile:
I got an offer for the MPhil in Management last month, still can't believe I got in!!
I wish you all the best of luck, hope to see you next year!

I applied in early December, and got an offer in early January
Original post by FrenchW
I got an offer for the MPhil in Management last month, still can't believe I got in!!

Congrats !! Are you a Cambridge/Ox undergrad?
Reply 110
Thanks !

No, I'm from a French university :smile:
I guess I got an early response because I could provide all the documentation from the get-go to prove that I met the requirements (I've already finished my bachelor degree), hence my application may have been easier to process than applications from current undergrad students.
Original post by FrenchW

Congrats! I'm also recent graduate (2015)
But I guess I'm in the middle range of the stack.
Hope to see you in the class :smile:
Original post by FrenchW
Thanks !

No, I'm from a French university :smile:
I guess I got an early response because I could provide all the documentation from the get-go to prove that I met the requirements (I've already finished my bachelor degree), hence my application may have been easier to process than applications from current undergrad students.

congratulations! What undergrad study did you do?
Reply 113
Thanks !

I got a BA in Asian studies in a French university and I'm currently studying law :smile:

congratulations! What undergrad study did you do?
Well done!

Just out of curiosity, did you apply for any other courses at Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by EconomistJack
Well done!

Just out of curiosity, did you apply for any other courses at Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it was my only choice :smile:
Do we have any updates from this course?

My status is still "under consideration by department"
Original post by BruceWaynee
Do we have any updates from this course?

My status is still "under consideration by department"

Nothing too!

Maybe we have to wait until least this Monday (15th), it's the application deadline day.
I was hoping that on the 12th chime of deadline o'clock yesterday an email would go 'poof' onto my screen and a bunch of singing mice would read out the result of my application.... alas, the wait endures
Reply 119
Just a hint - I believe that those who applied for the Gates/Trust Scholarships can expect to hear the outcome sooner than others

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending